A place for user to post their own pic's of MoM products.
MoM's may comment here, but not start new posts.
(No Sales here please)

King Tuts - Nuken Live Resin

I took my sweet time to post this, but wow. I feel a bit bad about not being 100% satisfied with the Stripper Spit a week ago, poor King Tuts heart was broken, but it's time to rejoice!

As most of you know, I've never been much of an extracts user. Had some wax from a friend a couple years back, tried shatter a couple times this year from different sources and well, I never was impressed by any of it. I mean it's nice, but they all taste a bit generic to me, maybe I got unlucky. This was my first live resin and wow, I'm in love.

Opening that little container I was blasted with a strange fruity smell, it's really amazing. I can't quite name it, but it's a bit citrusy, a bit sweet, really, it's amazing. It's not extremely strong smelling, but definitely terpy and extremely nice. The texture reminds me of slightly damp brown sugar, it's not very sticky and it's soft, I can easily break apart the pieces with by dab tool.

I'm a bit ill equipped to smoke extracts, I have a bong with a quartz banger, but to me it's super cumbersome. I also bought one of those Chinese Dabado style portable e- nails. Still getting used to it, but I managed to get super nice dabs with it after some failed experiments (the thing has no heat control).

So anyways, after some experimenting I was able to get nice dabs of this stuff and wow. The taste is amazing, it pretty much tastes the same as it smells, super terpy and the buzz is strong, not too sleepy (I think Nuken is supposed to be an indica?) and I got long buzzes out of this, 2+ hours solid which I'm not getting with joints lately.

This is a 10/10 product for me, amazing... I'm looking to get a better dab device and I'm definitely going to be paying more attentions to extracts in the future!!!

Re: King Tuts - Nuken Live Resin

xsinx wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:59 pm ...
This is a 10/10 product for me, amazing... I'm looking to get a better dab device and I'm definitely going to be paying more attentions to extracts in the future!!!
If you are going to get into dabbing concentrates, then I really suggest you invest in a quality rig.
I messed around for a few years messing with torches, bangers, temp guns, different bongs, etc. and wish there was some better guidance for me back then as I wasted a lot of time and money.

In my experience, what I would suggest is:
1. get a good enail. You can't beat having good temperature control, especially if you are going to do low temp dabs. Easy on, off and constant temperature.
I use D-nail with their SiC dish (also have sapphire, but it is more fragile than SiC which is pretty darn indestructable)

2. get a good dish for your enail. With concentrates it is all about the extra terps making is so flavourful. So get a dish with a quality material with a neutral effect on flavor. Titanium is fine for torching, but Silicon Carbide is so much better (better thermal qualities, no effect on flavor, easier to keep clean, etc.)
I recommend spending a bit more than say, a high five dish, with one of the better (IMO) manufacturers out there like D-Nail, or the Liger from CCA; it's all about ease of use, size, etc.

3. get an appropriate water piece for dabs. When combusting it is all about diffusion so for that I use a Mobius with a stereo matrix perc with 160+ holes.
For dabs you want less diffusion so you get more flavor.
I started using recylers and incylers as they don't have too much diffusion, but in my quest for the best flavor, I have found using that diffusion pump based glass give the absolute best flavor (eg. FC-710)

Happy to chat further, as I want more people to experience the joy of concentrates in a quality rig -- night and day from those cheaper setups in my experience.

agentcooper000 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:25 pmIf you are going to get into dabbing concentrates, then I really suggest you invest in a quality rig.
I messed around for a few years messing with torches, bangers, temp guns, different bongs, etc. and wish there was some better guidance for me back then as I wasted a lot of time and money.

In my experience, what I would suggest is:
1. get a good enail. You can't beat having good temperature control, especially if you are going to do low temp dabs. Easy on, off and constant temperature.
I use D-nail with their SiC dish (also have sapphire, but it is more fragile than SiC which is pretty darn indestructable)

2. get a good dish for your enail. With concentrates it is all about the extra terps making is so flavourful. So get a dish with a quality material with a neutral effect on flavor. Titanium is fine for torching, but Silicon Carbide is so much better (better thermal qualities, no effect on flavor, easier to keep clean, etc.)
I recommend spending a bit more than say, a high five dish, with one of the better (IMO) manufacturers out there like D-Nail, or the Liger from CCA; it's all about ease of use, size, etc.

3. get an appropriate water piece for dabs. When combusting it is all about diffusion so for that I use a Mobius with a stereo matrix perc with 160+ holes.
For dabs you want less diffusion so you get more flavor.
I started using recylers and incylers as they don't have too much diffusion, but in my quest for the best flavor, I have found using that diffusion pump based glass give the absolute best flavor (eg. FC-710)

Happy to chat further, as I want more people to experience the joy of concentrates in a quality rig -- night and day from those cheaper setups in my experience.
Thanks that's very insightful! I got myself a Pico + Sai combo a little after posting this and it really is amazing. Obviously a proper table enail would probably be much better, but having 3 kids it would not be something I'd get to enjoy very often. The pico is to small I can smoke in the house and if they ever come around I can just pocket it real quick :)

xsinx wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:58 pm Thanks that's very insightful! I got myself a Pico + Sai combo a little after posting this and it really is amazing. Obviously a proper table enail would probably be much better, but having 3 kids it would not be something I'd get to enjoy very often. The pico is to small I can smoke in the house and if they ever come around I can just pocket it real quick :)
You're welcome!
Your situation makes sense, and of course you are doing the responsible thing with kids in the house.
Hopefully one day you can invest in a table setup.
I've had/used a number of portable units (Yocan, Sai, etc.) and they do work quite well for what they are (ie. portable), but when you are able to step up to a desktop solution, you'll be amazed!
:)

I got the live resin as well as the hash rosin and I cant' say I'm pleased with either though at the price point it makes sense.

The resin i received crackled even at super low temps which is quite concerning.... the hash rosin on the other hand burned pretty dark and tasted generic.

I didn't finish either - i wont.
I don't like anything BHO in general but I definitely don't want to smoke it if theres chance of contaminants

kushcanada1 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:25 pm I got the live resin as well as the hash rosin and I cant' say I'm pleased with either though at the price point it makes sense.

The resin i received crackled even at super low temps which is quite concerning.... the hash rosin on the other hand burned pretty dark and tasted generic.

I didn't finish either - i wont.
I don't like anything BHO in general but I definitely don't want to smoke it if theres chance of contaminants
That sucks to hear. As we can see, some like it, some love it and some don't care for it.

I'd like to be able to do something for you in the future, as this is the first I'm hearing of this problem with your order, right? I don't recall this conversation. I'll fire you off a PM and let's see if we can figure something out to make you happy and get you something you enjoy.