Re: Any advice on eating edibles for the first time?

50mg for most people will get them about the same buzz as a small joint would, but will last 4-6 hours instead of the typical 1-2 hours. That said, how well it affects you depends on enzymes in the liver which vary wildly from individual to individual, some people get super baked out of 10mg, others need 500mg+ to feel anything.

If you end up taking a "big" dose for your tolerance level, don't worry too much, it will just last a long time. You can't die from an edible overdose, you'll just be super fucked for a day or two worse case :D

Most would recommend starting with 10-25mg... but 50mg isn't unreasonable. A friend of mine used to make cookies he'd sell to everyone and they were 150mg, people who felt it was too much were few and far apart.

Venom88 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:14 am Jumpin in on this topic. Since ive never done edibles yet myself. Im curious is they are more prone to drive anxiety? As i have severe anxiety / panic disorder certain strains specially any sativas will cause a attack. If the conditions / stress/ mood is right. So ya if anyone could lmk the traits of a edible buzz
I don't have anxiety issues so I'm not 100% sure but it's a very sedative buzz that hits the body mostly, so I would think it would help with anxiety more than hurt. If you go to higher dosage though it can induce pretty severe hallucinations, so if you aren't used to that I guess it could definitively make one anxious. It's easy to sleep it off if anything goes wrong, so if it's too much just hit the sack and sleep it off.

AimOrDie wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:09 am I ate a 260mg cookie from SG for my first time consuming edibles, and it was a fun high that just ended up putting me to sleep. I wouldn't worry about taking too much unless you go really, really overboard.
yeh worst case is you get the spins for a little and feel a little nauseated. No big deal - unless your body is just not made for edibles lol. You get the odd person that just cant metabolize it properly. 50mg and they're drooling on the floor lmao.

My experience with edibles has been a lot of fun, but first timers should definitely take it slow

Hard candies and tinctures are a good option if you are looking for quick relief. The cannabinoids are absorbed orally through your tongue and cheeks. This results in a quicker onset and shorter lasting high. In comparison, gummies and chocolates contain cannabinoids that absorbed both orally and through digestion. This means that while you may feel the effects quite quickly they will last longer. These are my personal favourite when it comes to cannabis edibles. The slowest onset can be experienced when consuming baked goods. The effects felt from these edibles are long lasting and quite often referred to as ‘creepers’.

I made a chart to help if you are a first-time edible user!
Attachments
edibles flow chart
edibles flow chart

xsinx wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:30 am 50mg for most people will get them about the same buzz as a small joint would, but will last 4-6 hours instead of the typical 1-2 hours. That said, how well it affects you depends on enzymes in the liver which vary wildly from individual to individual, some people get super baked out of 10mg, others need 500mg+ to feel anything.

If you end up taking a "big" dose for your tolerance level, don't worry too much, it will just last a long time. You can't die from an edible overdose, you'll just be super fucked for a day or two worse case :D

Most would recommend starting with 10-25mg... but 50mg isn't unreasonable. A friend of mine used to make cookies he'd sell to everyone and they were 150mg, people who felt it was too much were few and far apart.
/\ couldn't have said it better myself (daily homemade edible user)
A few other factors to consider is strain used....method of infusion (butter, shatter, distillate etc..) personally butter or coconut oil are my go-tos because for me, they are easier for the liver to convert and last longer...so a little goes a long way.
I'd definitely start with 10mg and work your way up.
Good luck and keep us posted.

WeirdoD613

Venom88 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:52 pm If u can lmk how you enjoyed the edibles when u do try. Think im gonna order some next pay. Looking toward the 200-250 mg range. Brownie. Or dessert style bar. Go big or go home. I. Guess lol
Pretty much everyone who does edibles enjoys the experience, it's a real nice mellow stone, different from smoking. That said, 250mg is a pretty large dose for a first time, if you happen to be one of the peeps who get off on 10mg, you're going to be tripping very hard. I wouldn't mind very hard myself, but I've done mind melting LSD trips several times. When I did my first edible (it was around 300mg) I was really surprised at how strong the buzz was, hallucinated hardcore for the first 6-8 hours and stayed buzz the whole weekend without smoking.

xsinx wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:36 pm
Venom88 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:52 pm If u can lmk how you enjoyed the edibles when u do try. Think im gonna order some next pay. Looking toward the 200-250 mg range. Brownie. Or dessert style bar. Go big or go home. I. Guess lol
Pretty much everyone who does edibles enjoys the experience, it's a real nice mellow stone, different from smoking. That said, 250mg is a pretty large dose for a first time, if you happen to be one of the peeps who get off on 10mg, you're going to be tripping very hard. I wouldn't mind very hard myself, but I've done mind melting LSD trips several times. When I did my first edible (it was around 300mg) I was really surprised at how strong the buzz was, hallucinated hardcore for the first 6-8 hours and stayed buzz the whole weekend without smoking.
Oh wow that strong eh? Ive done acid cpl of times myself not looking for that kinda strenth lma maybe ill try like 25/50 range then thx for the info sinx

Ragnarokie wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:15 am yeh worst case is you get the spins for a little and feel a little nauseated. No big deal - unless your body is just not made for edibles lol. You get the odd person that just cant metabolize it properly. 50mg and they're drooling on the floor lmao.

My experience with edibles has been a lot of fun, but first timers should definitely take it slow
My best friend actually vomited. She told me a few years later that when she'd gotten sick over Christmas, it wasn't food poisoning but instead that she ate an edible. Rofl. Funny story after the fact. So definitely play it safe your first time with an edible! I can take a LOT more than she can. That said, my warning is about the length of time an edible high can be. I had an edible once I made with AVB at, eh, 8pm. The high didn't kick in for 3-4 hours and then it was super strong, and I ended up still high at work at 12pm the next day when it finally tapered off. o_o You can go into full psychedelic mode if you go too hard, and while that doesn't make me nauseated and stuck to the floor, it would ruin my best friend's night. One of my other friends? Could eat the same cookie I ate and feel NOTHING because she just doesn't metabolize edibles. She's never once had fun on an edible. I figured out I could take large doses by working up to it and was even still shocked by the high taking me not to sleep but through sleep and into the next day.

Definitely eat 10mg and start your way up. The government is saying this will be the legal limit in October. So why not start there? I always tell my customers at the legal rec store I work at to GO SLOW. You can never take less.

Also, I smoke 1-2 grams a day and the most I've eaten is a 2000mg at once. All it did was make me tired. I'm a 120 pound, 5'2" female... some people can eat as much cannabis as they want and it not effect them. Experimenting is fun! Just be safe, go slow. You can always eat more. :D

xsinx wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:52 am
themelancholyspirit wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:46 ammost I've eaten is a 2000mg at once. All it did was make me tired. I'm a 120 pound, 5'2" female...
Holy shit, that's a bold choice, epic dose for a small thing. What form was that 2000mg? Most I did was about 500mg and I was pretty wrecked, lol.
@ceesbaked on Instagram makes insane homemade edibles, the highest being 3000mg which I'd like to try.

About 4 years ago I ate about 500mg in California, and I thought that was a lot. I was pretty baked for about an hour, then it wore off. Since then I've been experimenting with high doses and suddenly ran into Cee, so I decided to try 1000mg (did nothing but make me sleepy) then I tried the 2000, haha. It was a bold move for sure, but I'm glad I tried so I know to stop wasting my money on all these edibles lol! Love CBD edibles thooo!

Edit) Forgot to mention, it was a homemade skor bar with pretzels on top. I'll be making a review on her edibles as well soon!

Holy shit... lol

themelancholyspirit wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:46 am Definitely eat 10mg and start your way up. The government is saying this will be the legal limit in October. So why not start there? I always tell my customers at the legal rec store I work at to GO SLOW. You can never take less.

Also, I smoke 1-2 grams a day and the most I've eaten is a 2000mg at once. All it did was make me tired. I'm a 120 pound, 5'2" female... some people can eat as much cannabis as they want and it not effect them. Experimenting is fun! Just be safe, go slow. You can always eat more. :D
I mean this in the most respectful way but your post made me lol in rl. If I listened to the gvt, I'd likely never have found forums such as these to begin with... lol

But, that is interesting though ... in regards to the gvt and the 10 mg doses. How on earth would they even regulate something like that.

Ok no rambling from me right now, I am too stoned lol. But yeah, thank you for the advice! I will definitely keep that in mind. And I think as you and others here have suggested, start small and go from there.

It's been sitting in my fridge for a few days now as it was a tad too soft sitting on the counter. Now I just need to be brave and eat some LOL.

Thanks again everyone!

Krys

They want to regulate cause everyone is worried kids are gonna be eating our gumnies and brownies. I mean they aren't completely wrong in a sense. Lots of people end up in the hospital from edibles cause they end up so stoned they think they're gonna die lol. At 10mg I bet most kids wouldn't even realize something's wrong.

That 10mg limit is per package too lol.. Imgine that big bag of gummies at 0.3mg per gummie, we're all gonna die of diabetes.

xsinx wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:06 am They want to regulate cause everyone is worried kids are gonna be eating our gumnies and brownies. I mean they aren't completely wrong in a sense. Lots of people end up in the hospital from edibles cause they end up so stoned they think they're gonna die lol. At 10mg I bet most kids wouldn't even realize something's wrong.

That 10mg limit is per package too lol.. Imgine that big bag of gummies at 0.3mg per gummie, we're all gonna die of diabetes.
I can absolutely appreciate wanting to keep ANY kind of drug out of the hands of kids. But regulating is just a bullshit term when it comes to stuff like this. They made weed legal November 17th right, yet in my city, every shop was dry within 3-4 days of opening. So what happens then? We all go to our local weed dealer or online. So boom ... there goes regulation LOL.

Same thing with edibles ... Oh, ok Mr Gvt, you will only sell me a 10mg edible single for a ton of cash? Thanks but no thank you... And this is when Smoker Bob goes his own route, buys enough weed to make his own edibles. And then lays on his kitchen floor, drooling on himself for hours on end.

KrysCalamity wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:09 am
themelancholyspirit wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:46 am Definitely eat 10mg and start your way up. The government is saying this will be the legal limit in October. So why not start there? I always tell my customers at the legal rec store I work at to GO SLOW. You can never take less.

I mean this in the most respectful way but your post made me lol in rl. If I listened to the gvt, I'd likely never have found forums such as these to begin with... lol

But, that is interesting though ... in regards to the gvt and the 10 mg doses. How on earth would they even regulate something like that.

Ok no rambling from me right now, I am too stoned lol. But yeah, thank you for the advice! I will definitely keep that in mind. And I think as you and others here have suggested, start small and go from there.

It's been sitting in my fridge for a few days now as it was a tad too soft sitting on the counter. Now I just need to be brave and eat some LOL.

Thanks again everyone!

Krys
Totally, I'm just giving an example and opinion to go slow haha.

Yeah, I work at a legal store but we follow the Government & Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority's rules, which are absurd. Completely agreed though. I believe the limit should be 1000mg lolol. I've stated that I've taken double that, but when it comes to edibles 10mg it a lot for people that have never consumed THC before. The more you eat Edibles, you'll figure out what dose works for you.

Hope you cave in and try it out soon 😁

@themelancholyspirit oooh Saskatchewan! The only province in Canada where you can watch your dog run away for 3 days lol! Sorry, I had to do it ;)

I think I am going to choose tomorrow to try the bar(s). I have a few days off of work so that's ideal. And honestly, I keep laughing at how nervous I am about it. I have smoked flower for geez .. let's just say well over 20 years and we'll leave it at that rofl.. But yes, I will take all this great advice into account.

Cheers!
Krys

KrysCalamity wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:01 am
Holy shit... lol
Definitely have had that experience when I first started with edibles....funny to look back on and laugh about....but when you're in it....it's hell lol

KrysCalamity wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:05 pm Thanks for your input @WeirdoD613. I will definitely keep you guys posted. Going to wait until this weekend to eat the edible. This is what I ordered though, if you are curious.

https://www.ganjawest.com/product/herbi ... 00mg-copy/

Krys
Ganja west is the best place to find edibles from baked stuff, chocolates, candies, gummies and all! great stash :P :P :P

Everybody is different. Some people are fine at 20-30mg for their first dose. I would start at 40-50, but to be safe, eat half of it first and wait an hour or two before finishing the other half. This is just to be cautious some people freak out on edibles and have never been that high before in their lives, low tolerance empty stomache, who knows better safe than sorry. Don't make your first edible experience a bad one start slow. You'll notice your tolerance will build fast as well, before you know it you'll be needing 100mg to get the same effect. So starting slow and low is not a bad thing. Good luck!

Ragnarokie wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:15 am
AimOrDie wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:09 am I ate a 260mg cookie from SG for my first time consuming edibles, and it was a fun high that just ended up putting me to sleep. I wouldn't worry about taking too much unless you go really, really overboard.
yeh worst case is you get the spins for a little and feel a little nauseated. No big deal - unless your body is just not made for edibles lol. You get the odd person that just cant metabolize it properly. 50mg and they're drooling on the floor lmao.

oh really? thanks for the insights. never tried edibles but would love to join the fun. lol

sjoeseff wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:27 am
Ragnarokie wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:15 am

oh really? thanks for the insights. never tried edibles but would love to join the fun. lol
definitely taking down notes here.. am exploring edibles as well.. :D this is gon' be fun.

If you are new to consuming cannabis in the form of edibles, it is important to start with a low dose and see how you feel after waiting at least 2 hours before consuming more. Edibles can take up to 4 hours to fully kick in, so it is important to be patient. It is also important to remember that everyone metabolizes cannabis differently, so what may be a low dose for one person may be too high for another. and you can get you edibles at https://getmagnolia.net