Re: Best bang for your buck?

captcrunch wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:38 pm
KefkaTheInvesta wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:55 am Are you averse to making your own edibles? My recipe yields approximately 6000mg for 23 dollars
I've only done it once (successfully), but no I'm not averse to it at all. Post your recipe!!! 6000mg for 23$ is absolutely insane
The recipe I use to make edibles has a possible variation of say, 5% up or down i don't know 100% unless i paid for lab testing what the shake i received was.

I bought a pound of shake from BWIB for 259$ which comes to about 58 cents a gram.

My recipe calls for 1 cup of cannabis and 1 cup of oil(I found there was a bit too much cannabis so I added butter in for flavor I did a 1/3rd of a cup the first time but next time I try this recipe I would recommend a cup of butter to be honest I think 1 cup oil and 1 cup butter is the perfect way to facilitate the extraction of THC. The oil prevents the butter from getting too hot and scorching, and the butter makes the oil taste less intensely weedlike.) You may get different weight without shake but when I weighed a cup of weed it came to about 40.5 grams, so i took 40500mg and divided that by 15% ( black cherry soda said it was between 19-30% ) and got 6075 mg thc I am willing to admit it may be as low as 10% because it's shake. Let's say between 10-20% thc ( thats why i settled on 15 ) and from what i have read the absorption of THC into Coconut/butter is as high as 60%
Let's divide that number 4000-8000mg thc by 60%, you get approximately 2400-4800mg thc for about 23.2$(40*.58)

KefkaTheInvesta wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:01 pm
KefkaTheInvesta wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:55 am Are you averse to making your own edibles? My recipe yields approximately 6000mg for 23 dollars
I've only done it once (successfully), but no I'm not averse to it at all. Post your recipe!!! 6000mg for 23$ is absolutely insane
The recipe I use to make edibles has a possible variation of say, 5% up or down i don't know 100% unless i paid for lab testing what the shake i received was.

I bought a pound of shake from BWIB for 259$ which comes to about 58 cents a gram.

My recipe calls for 1 cup of cannabis and 1 cup of oil(I found there was a bit too much cannabis so I added butter in for flavor I did a 1/3rd of a cup the first time but next time I try this recipe I would recommend a cup of butter to be honest I think 1 cup oil and 1 cup butter is the perfect way to facilitate the extraction of THC. The oil prevents the butter from getting too hot and scorching, and the butter makes the oil taste less intensely weedlike.) You may get different weight without shake but when I weighed a cup of weed it came to about 40.5 grams, so i took 40500mg and divided that by 15% ( black cherry soda said it was between 19-30% ) and got 6075 mg thc I am willing to admit it may be as low as 10% because it's shake. Let's say between 10-20% thc ( thats why i settled on 15 ) and from what i have read the absorption of THC into Coconut/butter is as high as 60%
Let's divide that number 4000-8000mg thc by 60%, you get approximately 2400-4800mg thc for about 23.2$(40*.58)
you should send me some treats :D

PaulSherwood wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:27 pm

If i figure out how to put it in candy maybe yeah lol possibly even throw in my top 3 buds to sample. My next attempt ill be mixing the oil with chocolate instead of brownies.

Also i recommend you google how to but basically use a thermometer and make sure the oil doesnt scorch by going over 200. Apparently you can decarboxylate at 220 to 240 if u want to skip decarbing. I strained with cheesecloth after i cooked it 12 hours and let it cool all night then i reheated it then let it cool and strained it.

KefkaTheInvesta wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:57 am
PaulSherwood wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:27 pm

If i figure out how to put it in candy maybe yeah lol possibly even throw in my top 3 buds to sample. My next attempt ill be mixing the oil with chocolate instead of brownies.

Also i recommend you google how to but basically use a thermometer and make sure the oil doesnt scorch by going over 200. Apparently you can decarboxylate at 220 to 240 if u want to skip decarbing. I strained with cheesecloth after i cooked it 12 hours and let it cool all night then i reheated it then let it cool and strained it.
i bought magic butter machine year or two ago. it seems to do a good job

PaulSherwood wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:28 am i bought magic butter machine year or two ago. it seems to do a good job

me too 115gs = 3lbs infused butter/oil

I got the Ardent Lift for decarbing.. it's better to do low and slow minez takes just over 2hrs to decarb depending on the amount I'm decarbing(Ardent is small 14-20gs capacity ) @ 150

I have a wholesaler near me so discounted chocolate is an easy find ,I just melt it down and remold it,I've had great success some favorites include ,Cadburys caramel eggs and Mackintosh Toffee..both real yummy..

haven't made the hard candies since the alcohol is an issue to locate (94% and higher) but it seems pretty straight forward once you learn how to extract to FECO for the tincture

good luck..

realgrimm wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:45 am
PaulSherwood wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:28 am i bought magic butter machine year or two ago. it seems to do a good job

I got the Ardent Lift for decarbing.. it's better to do low and slow minez takes just over 2hrs to decarb depending on the amount I'm decarbing(Ardent is small 14-20gs capacity ) @ 150

I have a wholesaler near me so discounted chocolate is an easy find ,I just melt it down and remold it,I've had great success some favorites include ,Cadburys caramel eggs and Mackintosh Toffee..both real yummy..

haven't made the hard candies since the alcohol is an issue to locate (94% and higher) but it seems pretty straight forward once you learn how to extract to FECO for the tincture

good luck..
i also bought the decarb kit from magic butter. i dont have a problem infusing the oil and decarbing. my problem is idk how to bake or make anything with it. did some coockies but i had help. i find the cookies help with pain and sleep a lot

PaulSherwood wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:17 pm
realgrimm wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:45 am

good luck..
i also bought the decarb kit from magic butter. i dont have a problem infusing the oil and decarbing. my problem is idk how to bake or make anything with it. did some coockies but i had help. i find the cookies help with pain and sleep a lot
https://www.cannabischeri.com/food/reci ... -brownies/

Worked for the brownies for me pretty good. One of my friends gave the brownie to his gf and she had half and greened out.... I had 3 and was fucked up but i enjoyed it haha. I got about 8 nice brownies for the half cup of coconut oil recipe so i divided 6000 by 16 and got 375, however after realizing it's only 60% absorption from the weed maximum i have to dial that back to a conservative 4000mg thc so if you divide 4000 by 16 you get 250mg thc per brownie, still pretty good.

Next time I am going to try and mix chocolates with the oil in muffin pans with little paper things to line the bottom, pour it out and put it in the freezer so it solidifies and then I should have chocolate cannabis bites to nibble on, i'll calculate the amount of bites by the approximate thc in the oil to get my dosage.

Thank you for all this info!!! Super helpful :mrgreen:

Hi Everybody,

At https://buymyweeddirect.com/ we have a deal going on for a free 200mg bag of edibles on the first 10 orders!!
If you act fast you should be able to get some for free!

They're great edibles, the taste, and texture is a much closer representation of candy than a lot of the edibles I have seen.

Anyways check us out @ https://buymyweeddirect.com/

Use promocode: buymyweeddirect for 30% off everything in store other than the $99 ounces!!!

Making your own is the way to go IF you have the time and desire to learn the basics. Also depends on your preferences. You can control potency and flavour but that also requires some level of effort to get the results you're looking for. My wife and I are "foodies" who worked for years in the food services industry. 5 years ago I had a license to grow my own weed and I began making cannabutter and it turned out great. We eventually began selling some of our cannabutter to friends. That seemed to work for them but when they tried our baked edibles they stopped buying the butter and started buying our cookies and brownies. Eventually this grew into a full time job for us and now we bake 5 days a week. We even started a Cannabis Cookie of the Month Club.

buymyweeddirect wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:38 pm Hi Everybody,

At https://buymyweeddirect.com/ we have a deal going on for a free 200mg bag of edibles on the first 10 orders!!
If you act fast you should be able to get some for free!

They're great edibles, the taste, and texture is a much closer representation of candy than a lot of the edibles I have seen.

Anyways check us out @ https://buymyweeddirect.com/

Use promocode: buymyweeddirect for 30% off everything in store other than the $99 ounces!!!
Was going to get to this.. but then realized it was posted last year. *sighs*

shadowcaster78 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:27 am
pagesmith wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:53 am
avascott77 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:05 am love this! exploring a lot of new stuff! any recommendations for newbies?
try ganjawest, westcoast releaf, and pacific cannabis! :) it was one of the firsts as well when i started. check their stuff out!
Bought some of their gummies before they sold out. It was awesome!
GREAT! I know right. They keep getting sold out. I check out their stuff almost everyday waiting for the opportunity to order again.. Haha kudos to them