A place to request a strain, assistance in finding a strain, or the perfect version of your favorite strain!
MoM's may not start topics here, but can comment.

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE: True pungent skunk

Alright so... In the 90s, there was a type of weed we simply called skunk in my area and I've been chasing this dragon for months on MOM sites and having ZERO success. I don't have much more information than that, it was EXTREMELY pungent, like having a dimebag of it in your pocket would reek the whole house, it was insane.

The taste was amazing and it had a very creamy taste, it would also freeze the tip of the tongue when smoked. I'm fairly sure it was some kind of indica or indica leaning hybrid. Appearance was all green, no purples or othet dark hues.

I have tried several skunk crosses and all have been sooo far from this I don't even know if there is any relation.

The closest thing I got was a White Widow pheno from a street dealer about 6-7 years ago, it had the skunk taste but it was much fainter than the stuff I'm looking for.

I keep bringing this up with peeps on Discord and there are LOTS of people looking for this as well, so any MOM actually bringing this to the table would make a killing.

So, any of you MOMs able to fill this request???

Re: WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE: True pungent skunk

I have often wondered about this too. I think the strain you are looking for is called Roadkill#1 . I believe it's hard to grow with low yield which is why you don't see it too much nowadays. Mota cannabis has B.C Roadkill which should be very similar. I have not tried Mota but the pics of their bud looks great. Very expensive though. Just search BC Roadkill on their site. Hope that helps and if you order please let us old schoolers know if it's the real deal . Haven't smelled/seen any since the 90's.

Asapdroopy wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:15 pm I have often wondered about this too. I think the strain you are looking for is called Roadkill#1 . I believe it's hard to grow with low yield which is why you don't see it too much nowadays. Mota cannabis has B.C Roadkill which should be very similar. I have not tried Mota but the pics of their bud looks great. Very expensive though. Just search BC Roadkill on their site. Hope that helps and if you order please let us old schoolers know if it's the real deal . Haven't smelled/seen any since the 90's.
Yeah I saw MOTA has roadkill but I've spent so much looking for this I'm noy throwing money at the problem anymore. If anyone had their roadkill, let me know if it sounds like the thing I'm looking for.

xsinx wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:30 pm
ODoyleRules wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:04 pm CK has some BC Road KIll that was very very skunky. its not a AAAA but it was nice and sticky on the fingers, and definitely stank to high hell.

Hope that helps
I'll keep it in mind. Thing is there have been so many mold reports in the last few months originating from this place I'm really not thrilled to give them my business.
Yea i have seen those too, i have been ordering once or twice a week, 3-4 oz each time and i have never had mold personally. I keep going back because they will deliver same day in the GTA if i order before 4pm and then i can pay the driver cash. its very convenient for me and no etransfers which always make my anxiety levels spike.

I will also say the Jet Fuel they have right now is a steal of a deal. i should do a review really.

anyways i digress.

Cheers
S*

P.S. O'Doyle Rules!

the fine line between skunk and diesel ...i grew some og kush that i found super diesel ..if i would open a bud in a room..many would smell skunk.. SO i feel it's hard to find a taste ...every plant is different and every year it could be altered by environmental issues . I gave up searching for the taste of 70's Chitral ..i even traveled to Peshawar and couldn't find it...got some good Afghani though! have you considered getting some skunky terps to add the flavor?

beaum0nt wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:24 pm the fine line between skunk and diesel ...i grew some og kush that i found super diesel ..if i would open a bud in a room..many would smell skunk.. SO i feel it's hard to find a taste ...every plant is different and every year it could be altered by environmental issues . I gave up searching for the taste of 70's Chitral ..i even traveled to Peshawar and couldn't find it...got some good Afghani though! have you considered getting some skunky terps to add the flavor?
If I could find skunky terps, I'd be all over them... lol. You think skunk flower is rare? Imagine terps :P

beaum0nt wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:29 am there are many sites with terpene profiles from cannabis ...
i am setting up a press for my personal use and plan on scoring a few profiles to make my own chitral. i will need pinene, myrcenen , limonene and linalool . I already have a good supply of 2018 kush that is very skunky , but i want to try adding some flavors to experiment
Yeah I've considered it but I'd much prefer getting the real deal. Where is that skunky kush from?

So far I got a bunch of new stuff said to be it since posting this and still not even an hint of skunk. Got Dancehall CBD from monkey, Romulan and Walter White from High-key (Romulan is def a 90's strain but more pine), nuken from Ganjawest (nope) and El Jefe from Cheapweed (gassy but not skunky).

Inquired about MOTA's roadkill and the lady said it was "pretty good nose". This doesn't cut it, I want "holy fuck we almost threw it away thinking a skunk pissed on it" kinda skunky...

Xsinx 0 --- Skunk 1, still getting my ass beat.

R.R.Toking wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:52 pm I know it’s not Skunk but this Violator is some of the stinkiest weed I’ve had in awhile, certainly worth trying out on your quest for skunk. I’ve put the Skunk #1 from Emerald Castle a few times, they rate it AAA, but I just keep feeling I will be disappointed. One of these times I’ll order it and let you know what I think.
Yeah I need to try Coastal... I mean I'm not all about skunk, there's some killer weed out there that isn't :)

xsinx wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:12 pm
R.R.Toking wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:52 pm I know it’s not Skunk but this Violator is some of the stinkiest weed I’ve had in awhile, certainly worth trying out on your quest for skunk. I’ve put the Skunk #1 from Emerald Castle a few times, they rate it AAA, but I just keep feeling I will be disappointed. One of these times I’ll order it and let you know what I think.
Yeah I need to try Coastal... I mean I'm not all about skunk, there's some killer weed out there that isn't :)
Yeah, it’s good but like you I’m still looking for real skunk.

xsinx wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:12 pm
Try the death bubba if you want dank weed. Violator is spicy and sweet and very strong! I know it’s not skunk but taking a large whiff when opening that tin can is like heaven. The death bubba made my eyes water, lol.

xsinx wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:11 pm
beaum0nt wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:49 pm got some pine tar kush at a Mohawk dispensary... pretty stinky stuff...i was able to finally examine buds b4 investing. probably not what you are looking for... maybe closer. these names drive me crazy
Kanawake? I'm not far from there, never actually went but I've been curious. Might hit them up and see what's up.
better dispensaries in Kanesatake , last time i checked there are 4 so the competition is great for the prices. the Medicine Box have jars of good bud , 20+ strains of shatter..soon to be stocking higher end extracts , oh yes 100$ oz's, Meanwhile Kanawake only has greenleaf with minimal selection a few extracts , the pk still threaten to raid them. Also noticed they have been dropped from weedmaps...the past few weeks.

beaum0nt wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:22 pm better dispensaries in Kanesatake , last time i checked there are 4 so the competition is great for the prices. the Medicine Box have jars of good bud , 20+ strains of shatter..soon to be stocking higher end extracts , oh yes 100$ oz's, Meanwhile Kanawake only has greenleaf with minimal selection a few extracts , the pk still threaten to raid them. Also noticed they have been dropped from weedmaps...the past few weeks.
Yeah I went to Khanawake yesterday to check it out, not even sure what the name of the place was there were no markings on the buildings, no branding anywhere. Was pretty meh selection-wise, ended up buying some Black Widow which was pretty damn good (better than most MOM weed I've got and reasonably priced). Won't bother driving there again though, their other strains were pretty weak nose-wise. Really liked being able to see, touch and smell the product though, this is what's missing from the SQDC.

xsinx wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:05 pm
beaum0nt wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:22 pm better dispensaries in Kanesatake , last time i checked there are 4 so the competition is great for the prices. the Medicine Box have jars of good bud , 20+ strains of shatter..soon to be stocking higher end extracts , oh yes 100$ oz's, Meanwhile Kanawake only has greenleaf with minimal selection a few extracts , the pk still threaten to raid them. Also noticed they have been dropped from weedmaps...the past few weeks.
Yeah I went to Khanawake yesterday to check it out, not even sure what the name of the place was there were no markings on the buildings, no branding anywhere. Was pretty meh selection-wise, ended up buying some Black Widow which was pretty damn good (better than most MOM weed I've got and reasonably priced). Won't bother driving there again though, their other strains were pretty weak nose-wise. Really liked being able to see, touch and smell the product though, this is what's missing from the SQDC.
once the laws get sorted out on the south shore...there will be some good choices... Kanesatake is already light years ahead of the curve , working on preparing the region for cannabis tourism.

xsinx wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:43 pm Alright so... In the 90s, there was a type of weed we simply called skunk in my area and I've been chasing this dragon for months on MOM sites and having ZERO success. I don't have much more information than that, it was EXTREMELY pungent, like having a dimebag of it in your pocket would reek the whole house, it was insane.

The taste was amazing and it had a very creamy taste, it would also freeze the tip of the tongue when smoked. I'm fairly sure it was some kind of indica or indica leaning hybrid. Appearance was all green, no purples or othet dark hues.

I have tried several skunk crosses and all have been sooo far from this I don't even know if there is any relation.

The closest thing I got was a White Widow pheno from a street dealer about 6-7 years ago, it had the skunk taste but it was much fainter than the stuff I'm looking for.

I keep bringing this up with peeps on Discord and there are LOTS of people looking for this as well, so any MOM actually bringing this to the table would make a killing.

So, any of you MOMs able to fill this request???
Hey, there is small grower out of Grand Prairie AB that I have been dealing with. He grows a strain called Super Skunk. I saw it and I remembered your post. Are you familiar with this strain??? If your interested DM me and I’ll give you his info, he has some killer stuff

chuchon06 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:31 amHey, there is small grower out of Grand Prairie AB that I have been dealing with. He grows a strain called Super Skunk. I saw it and I remembered your post. Are you familiar with this strain??? If your interested DM me and I’ll give you his info, he has some killer stuff
Did you try that particular strain from him? I've had it twice from two different sources and both were very underwhelming. They had a decent nose that's pretty skunky, but they had a taste that was a lot more diesel than skunk and very faint, so definitely not what I'm looking for. That said, a good grower can really make a huge difference, so I'm interested nonetheless.

Let me know if you tried it?