Canada Post and Delivery, coming from flex delivery to regular home delivery

Hey guys, I've been a long time lurker on this forum and just had a question or two about Canada Post and how they will deliver any package I may buy.

I've recently moved to a city, from a very small town and in that small town I was used to Flex delivery. All mail was delivered to my post office box and it was worry-free.

Now I think my only option is home delivery, in my current situation. Can I order as I normally would without worry, or having CP send to wrong address or some other nightmare scenario? I have a very small mail box currently and the size of boxes I'm used to receiving cannot fit within it. Do the CP workers knock on the door to deliver your mail if it's over-sized, or will they just mark not home? Or worse; place it on door-step for any passer-by to grab? I'd like to say I will be home for the next two-three days to make sure someone is here to answer the door, but can never be too sure since life doesn't work that way.

Any advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated. I do apologize if these are stupid/obvious questions, but like I mentioned; I'm used to flex delivery and never have had mail delivered to my home. This is all new to me.

Thanks, take care.

Re: Canada Post and Delivery, coming from flex delivery to regular home delivery

I moved from an extremely small town to a city. That town just had flex delivery by default, I couldn't get something delivered to my home address even if I wanted to. I never set it up before.

I was able to set it up on CPs site. Phoned CP and asked them some questions and looks like I'll have stuff coming through in no time. Just had to be sure before placing an order and all.

Re: Canada Post and Delivery, coming from flex delivery to regular home delivery

Really was trying to find a random Canada Post inquiry thread ,tried searching Canada Post in the search but it's to common a term...lol.. so I got a question.. if you think you got a lazy mailman (seen my mailman grabbing from the parcel drop off box 4:45 pm) most of my parcels now arrive a day past the expected delivery more then not(recently assigned carrier )..are my parcels just sitting in that box while the mailmans off screwing the pooch???This will never be pointed out of course since a happy mailman is a quite one and now that he's been assigned my route will be bribed with liquor and Timmies cards for holidays but am worried that one it could get jacked or 2 in the summer with the heat that could be damaging to the product..

realgrimm wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:16 pm Really was trying to find a random Canada Post inquiry thread ,tried searching Canada Post in the search but it's to common a term...lol.. so I got a question.. if you think you got a lazy mailman (seen my mailman grabbing from the parcel drop off box 4:45 pm) most of my parcels now arrive a day past the expected delivery more then not(recently assigned carrier )..are my parcels just sitting in that box while the mailmans off screwing the pooch???This will never be pointed out of course since a happy mailman is a quite one and now that he's been assigned my route will be bribed with liquor and Timmies cards for holidays but am worried that one it could get jacked or 2 in the summer with the heat that could be damaging to the product..
I haven't seen any parcel box like you describe, I mean they have that for letter mail but generally the peeps doing parcels are using trucks and are not the same as mail unless it's a rural area (in which case the mailman does the whole run in his truck)... but it's safe to say if it arrived in your city and only gets delivered the next day, there's a high chance it spends that time in the box. Definitely not the best for preserving bud, even a potential problem for mold proliferation if your buds are on the fresher side.

IMHO get a Flex Address, it takes 2 min online and it avoids this and cuts at least one middleman.

Flex would just make me have to travel to the closest Shoppers Drug Mart and I don't drive so thats 45mins away, then got to ask some weirdo for your package? I get to paro for that ,old days getting nabbed at the post office..lol..nah...

but with these latest tracking results leaves me still waiting on mine but its not looking good for me again since it's not even out for delivery(3:03pm), now it gets to dry out over the week-end in the post office...