Boveda 58rh in Mtl?

Hi guys and girls,
Is there someone out here that knows where to find boveda 58rh in mtl?
I mean i know amazon can ship it, but do someone knows where i can buy some 58rh, the shops i've been to only have the 62rh

Since mold starts to develop at 60rh, i don't understand why everybody still use the 62s.
You can tell by the non breaking/not dried stems, when continuously on 62rh, that it's not the good humidity level for curing/storing properly buds.

I know that i don't need boveda to cure, but i'm trying to rehydrate, without having to pull out the humidity pack after two days because of a too high rh level

P.S. if someone know of MOMs that cure/store/send their buds with 58rh boveda instead of 62s i'll be more than happy to know and try ^^

Re: Boveda 58rh in Mtl?

Chris_91 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:04 am Hi guys and girls,
Is there someone out here that knows where to find boveda 58rh in mtl?
I mean i know amazon can ship it, but do someone knows where i can buy some 58rh, the shops i've been to only have the 62rh

Since mold starts to develop at 60rh, i don't understand why everybody still use the 62s.
You can tell by the non breaking/not dried stems, when continuously on 62rh, that it's not the good humidity level for curing/storing properly buds.

I know that i don't need boveda to cure, but i'm trying to rehydrate, without having to pull out the humidity pack after two days because of a too high rh level

P.S. if someone know of MOMs that cure/store/send their buds with 58rh boveda instead of 62s i'll be more than happy to know and try ^^
First off, that 60% claim you make is bullshit. I've had weed for over a year with 62% humidity packs and NEVER had mold in any of my weed, never, not a single time since I've been ordering from MOMs. Second, you should use Integras over Bovedas, bovedas have a pretty high failure rate and when they fail, they suck humidity without releasing it, making the weed bone dry. Integras do not have that issue for me so far.

As for getting packs in Montreal, you could look at cigar shops or headshops, they might have some. That said, I would wager about nobody on earth stocks 58 cause nobody uses that ever.

Re: Boveda 58rh in Mtl?

Thanks for the integra tip, i'll try it ^^

And sorry if it seems bullshit to you but for the mold i'm not joking
Luckily +60relative humidity is not the only thing needed for mold to develop but that's a start, if you combine it with the «right» temperature (like 20°c and above), no oxygene and no light, mold/rot (like botrytis) start to develop.

It's not that hard to forget to burp a jar when you have severals, but i agree that temperature shouldn't be an issue in mtl ^^

I've seen it mostly on fresh/living buds but i know that depending on the bud structure, temperature and rh level, you can have mold/rot during every stage of your grow/curing process if you don't pay attention

I was pissed when i noticed that a part of my blue cheese went weirdly dry and lost its taste in only two days on boveda 62rh, the complete opposite of what happen with an other oz.
It was two different boveda pack. Maybe they're the problem

I've ordered an oz of an even more indica shaped buds, packed with a 62rh boveda, and a part of this oz was too moist (stems weren't cracking) when i got it, so it didn't cured evenly, even after drying and burping more these particular buds

I've been used to keep the rh level of my buds beetween 58 and 60 when curing/storing and always had great results
That's only my experience.

Good for you if you manage to keep buds with 62rh boveda for a year without growing mold/rot, loosing taste,or potency

Thank you dude for your answer anyway
I've been to one prohibition and two cigar shops ,where they only had 62rh to sell, like i said in the first post

I'm not used to humidity pack, usually i cure without it so maybe i'll just try to find buds fresh enough to cure it the natural way instead of trying to rehydrate it