Donating a portion of sales from now on, brainstorming ideas.

Hi guys,

I want to donate a portion of sales starting in 2020. I've thought long and hard about money, society, our planet and myself.

Before I got into this business it was all about bringing relief to fellow Canadians but did you know that in some countries marijuana and CBD is still treated like hard drugs? Did you know that a mother in South Korea was prosecuted for bringing CBD for her child suffering from epileptic seizures? Suicide rates in countries like Korea and Japan are one of the highest and mental illness is not treated seriously over there, at least not the level we have it here. Anyone, including expats, who get caught face harsh prison in horrible conditions.

Now you might be thinking, Korea and Japan are rich countries, why bother helping? The non-government organizations in those respective countries lack funding and face an uphill battle from the government and also because of the social stigma around marijuana and even CBD that have been ingrained through decades of misinformation.

I feel so fortunate to be Canadian and live in a country where marijuana and CBD is tolerated freely, but I can't help but feel saddened that this wonderful plant and its derivatives isn't recognized for its potential and normal working folks like you and me around the world suffer because of political persecution. We are all humans and desire the same basic things. How can a plant be legal here but illegal in another when the plant just naturally grows and have been with the human race for millenias?

What do you guys think? I am still thinking about other organizations to donate to like the Red Cross etc....but this recent idea of funding NGOs outside Canada fighting to bring medical marijuana and CBD to patients gets me really excited. I have talked with these groups and they are run by pastors, doctors and social workers.

I know there are large mainstream organizations that accept donations but god damn it, I want to put my money to work where it counts. Yes, I could donate it to the Red Cross. Yes, I could donate it to a local Vancouver NGO group. They are all well known and receive millions of dollars but a grassroots NGO groups outside Canada, I feel like its worth a shot. More so because there just hasn't been good education and information about marijuana outside Canada and US, some countries are just that behind, and they bring the stereotype views and stigma. I am seeing more and more Japanese students in Vancouver smoking marijuana so its clearly changing but other governments threaten drug tests upon arrival and I feel bad for some Korean student having a criminal record following him because he smoked a joint in Vancouver.

Anyways, just a quick rant, wanted to see what your thoughts are. I feel like making money is important too but I want to help other human beings wherever they may be in way where my heart and passion is. I really think of marijuana and CBD to be a gift from the Gods, and thats where I came up with the name, Alora Botanicals. I want to bring relief to those who suffer in this country and outside. The latter is far more challenging but I think I would feel good knowing more people are waking up to the truth of marijuana and CBD.

Re: Donating a portion of sales from now on, brainstorming ideas.

The red cross is definately not deserving of $, please investigate these charities like their overhead, even if they announced they were funding cannabis projects they have 0 obligations to fund donations toward any cannabis projects they do it with emergencies all the time like Katrina and the Australian fires etc get alot less than raised at the cause of the moment.
It is comendable to want to do something but China and Korea would kick your ass, it needs to be grassroots it was grassroots that did it in Canada with the people. Do through education etc so you arent doing anything illegal and be familiar with the laws there. Christian & govt organizations are known for corruption and abuses of the people who you want to help, because they created these problems too, and stomp all over culture. Japan you might have more of a chance, although they are also very hard on crime.
Although I think in China hemp is not as regulated so Im unfamiliar why cbd would be banned.

GanjaGoddess wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:12 am The red cross is definately not deserving of $, please investigate these charities like their overhead, even if they announced they were funding cannabis projects they have 0 obligations to fund donations toward any cannabis projects they do it with emergencies all the time like Katrina and the Australian fires etc get alot less than raised at the cause of the moment.
It is comendable to want to do something but China and Korea would kick your ass, it needs to be grassroots it was grassroots that did it in Canada with the people. Do through education etc so you arent doing anything illegal and be familiar with the laws there. Christian & govt organizations are known for corruption and abuses of the people who you want to help, because they created these problems too, and stomp all over culture. Japan you might have more of a chance, although they are also very hard on crime.
Although I think in China hemp is not as regulated so Im unfamiliar why cbd would be banned.
thanks so much for your reply. You've highlighted my main concern with donating to a large organization, the so called "overhead", or six digit salaries for executives was where I always felt uneasy.

I think its a lot harder in China as they are an authoritarian government. As of now I don't think China is right to focus. Maybe if they see Korea and Japan legalize, they might have to as well.

I didn't know hemp is unregulated in China, I will have to read more about that.

alorabotanicals wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:38 am Hi guys,

I want to donate a portion of sales starting in 2020. I've thought long and hard about money, society, our planet and myself.

Before I got into this business it was all about bringing relief to fellow Canadians but did you know that in some countries marijuana and CBD is still treated like hard drugs? Did you know that a mother in South Korea was prosecuted for bringing CBD for her child suffering from epileptic seizures? Suicide rates in countries like Korea and Japan are one of the highest and mental illness is not treated seriously over there, at least not the level we have it here. Anyone, including expats, who get caught face harsh prison in horrible conditions.

Now you might be thinking, Korea and Japan are rich countries, why bother helping? The non-government organizations in those respective countries lack funding and face an uphill battle from the government and also because of the social stigma around marijuana and even CBD that have been ingrained through decades of misinformation.

I feel so fortunate to be Canadian and live in a country where marijuana and CBD is tolerated freely, but I can't help but feel saddened that this wonderful plant and its derivatives isn't recognized for its potential and normal working folks like you and me around the world suffer because of political persecution. We are all humans and desire the same basic things. How can a plant be legal here but illegal in another when the plant just naturally grows and have been with the human race for millenias?

What do you guys think? I am still thinking about other organizations to donate to like the Red Cross etc....but this recent idea of funding NGOs outside Canada fighting to bring medical marijuana and CBD to patients gets me really excited. I have talked with these groups and they are run by pastors, doctors and social workers.

I know there are large mainstream organizations that accept donations but god damn it, I want to put my money to work where it counts. Yes, I could donate it to the Red Cross. Yes, I could donate it to a local Vancouver NGO group. They are all well known and receive millions of dollars but a grassroots NGO groups outside Canada, I feel like its worth a shot. More so because there just hasn't been good education and information about marijuana outside Canada and US, some countries are just that behind, and they bring the stereotype views and stigma. I am seeing more and more Japanese students in Vancouver smoking marijuana so its clearly changing but other governments threaten drug tests upon arrival and I feel bad for some Korean student having a criminal record following him because he smoked a joint in Vancouver.

Anyways, just a quick rant, wanted to see what your thoughts are. I feel like making money is important too but I want to help other human beings wherever they may be in way where my heart and passion is. I really think of marijuana and CBD to be a gift from the Gods, and thats where I came up with the name, Alora Botanicals. I want to bring relief to those who suffer in this country and outside. The latter is far more challenging but I think I would feel good knowing more people are waking up to the truth of marijuana and CBD.
You have a heart of gold bro. I feel you when you said other countries are still considering marijuana as an illegal drug. Well we can't blame their gov't for that. There are pros and cons for using these stuff. Guess they just have to learn to go around about that. Hope you find a well-deserved organization to donate your sales.

Thats very nice of you. seldom people will think of giving to others that is less fortunate. In other countries who doesn't consider marijuana probably have their own studies but maybe prioritizing more problems to their country. And probably legalizing marijuana may affect large industrice. Goodluck on finding! God bless!

You have a good heart and a God-send and such an inspiration too! I can feel your passion and sincerity and I wish you all the best. Many people think marijuana and CBD are evil because they are not educated about the medical benefits. Do you have social media platforms?