Re: Think pricing will change after we go back to work???

I had a feeling this summer was going to be rough regarding prices, so I tried something new this year and am I ever glad I did. I bought most of the stash that I will be smoking this summer in April when everything was deeply discounted. Now I'm only buying if I see a deal that is really good, and just adding it to the pile (yes, my stash is rather large right now, haha). I've stopped buying from MOMs as I would a normal dealer, because I think that is not the most cost effective way, imo. I buy when the deals are good, not when I am close to being out and desperately need to get more. This has already saved me a ton of money this year, so I will be doing this every year from here on out, unless I start growing soon, which may happen sooner than later.

Captain-Canucklehead wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:33 pm I had a feeling this summer was going to be rough regarding prices, so I tried something new this year and am I ever glad I did. I bought most of the stash that I will be smoking this summer in April when everything was deeply discounted. Now I'm only buying if I see a deal that is really good, and just adding it to the pile (yes, my stash is rather large right now, haha). I've stopped buying from MOMs as I would a normal dealer, because I think that is not the most cost effective way, imo. I buy when the deals are good, not when I am close to being out and desperately need to get more. This has already saved me a ton of money this year, so I will be doing this every year from here on out, unless I start growing soon, which may happen sooner than later.
Cool! Why didn't I think of that?

Captain-Canucklehead wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:33 pm I had a feeling this summer was going to be rough regarding prices, so I tried something new this year and am I ever glad I did. I bought most of the stash that I will be smoking this summer in April when everything was deeply discounted. Now I'm only buying if I see a deal that is really good, and just adding it to the pile (yes, my stash is rather large right now, haha). I've stopped buying from MOMs as I would a normal dealer, because I think that is not the most cost effective way, imo. I buy when the deals are good, not when I am close to being out and desperately need to get more. This has already saved me a ton of money this year, so I will be doing this every year from here on out, unless I start growing soon, which may happen sooner than later.
That's good for you man.. Im also thinking of growing sooner.. and buying wholesale is really cost efficient.. you just really need a strong self control

rickgotrix wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:05 am
That's good for you man.. Im also thinking of growing sooner.. and buying wholesale is really cost efficient.. you just really need a strong self control
Hehe, I made another post somewhere here about how this quarantine is the ultimate test of self control when you have a good amount of stash. So far so good though, as I usually don't start smoking until sometime in the afternoon, sometimes evening. I will admit that when the quarantine first started I was waking and baking quite a bit (haven't done that in a long time, haha), but the high started to get really dull and mediocre so I quit doing that. I have to say though, I like having 16 or so strains on hand. I find It really helps with tolerance levels. It doesn't help that I keep on buying ounces when I see a killer sale. >.<

Captain-Canucklehead wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:33 pm I'm only buying if I see a deal that is really good,
just out of curiosity, what would you consider a "good" deal? Would a $99 for an ounce of "simple-easy-to-grow" strain ( basically not the primo AAAA products ) fall in that category ? or maybe do you have a couple examples from your past transactions ? Thanks for any info, I 'only bought online twice.

growing is something I always wanted to do but lack sooo much knowledge, and TIME ! I can only grow tomatoes... sometimes!

malcanada wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:03 am
Captain-Canucklehead wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:33 pm I'm only buying if I see a deal that is really good,
just out of curiosity, what would you consider a "good" deal? Would a $99 for an ounce of "simple-easy-to-grow" strain ( basically not the primo AAAA products ) fall in that category ? or maybe do you have a couple examples from your past transactions ? Thanks for any info, I 'only bought online twice.

growing is something I always wanted to do but lack sooo much knowledge, and TIME ! I can only grow tomatoes... sometimes!
I tend to hunt for AAA quality and up, so I'm looking for deals that bring the price down on high quality stuff. I have yet to see a $99 AA ounce that I would like to keep in my stash, so I usually steer clear of the cheap ounces. The last purchase I made was from CannaPanda, and I paid $195 for a $260 zip of AAAA product as a first time deal. If they are selling real quads, then I consider that to be a good deal. My package should be in tomorrow, so that will be the real test!

If I had to put it into the numbers that I use as a guideline, If I am paying around $200 for an ounce of quads (I'll pay a bit more, 20-30 (ish) dollars if they're good but not much more than that), I consider that to be a good deal. For AAA, I like to pay close to or under $140 if they are solid trips. The farther I get away from these amounts, the less of a deal it is.