**NEW POSTING GUIDLINES STARTING OCT 1ST. **

*Posts in this section are user generated only, MoM's can comment on posts made but may not start post themselves.
*Posts MUST contain at least 1 photo of the product being reviewed.
*Posts MUST be thorough enough to offer others some context of the products. 1-2 line reviews may be removed at the admins discretion.

Citrique Showdown - King Tuts versus Speedgreens

When two MoMs I use had a strain I liked at a similar price point I couldn't resist

King Tut Citrique AAA versus Speed Greens Citrique AAAA

I can tell they are the same strain. They have similar scent notes and flavor notes, and the buds look pretty similar, though they have a bit of a different overall feel.

Default Packaging
KT - Black bag, transparent on one side, hand-written label.
SG - Pill bottle with a bodeva and a custom printed label .
SG takes this point. It is worth noting that KT does have some custom packaging and will send in bottles on request, but this is the default.

Price point - I bought 8ths to compare.

KT - I paid $25 for the 8th, originally priced at $159 for the ounce but it’s their $99 ounce. Free shipping at $195, so to just buy this strain you’re adding on $20 shipping but you'll get a free gift at the $99 free gift level. It is fairly priced for the strain quality.
SG - I paid $32 for the 8th, it's $193 for the ounce. Free shipping at $149–yep, they raised it. Some mumbo jumbo about coupon codes, but since you can’t use a coupon after your second order, eh.
KT takes this point.

Bud size
KT - largest one was a 1.3
SG - largest bud was a 1.16
Pretty similar, but KT takes this point.

Bud quality
KT - Nice trim job with no leaf, a robust stem and fat shaped nugs, a few orange hairs, not remarkably shiny, not really sticky and not really dry, it’s a perfect balance. Handling them, the aroma is present in the air. Definitely has bag appeal.
SG - nicely manicured, no leafy bits, lots of orange hairs, a “spring” to it, not dry at all. Kinda skinny and you really have to get close to get the smell, which is awesome, but not as pervasive. My fingers get sticky when I interact with the bud.
Giving it to KT.

Smell
pre-busted
KT - delicate and sweet, it’s not overpowering, and it is distinctly citrusy, but not any particular fruit, more like a mixed pop beverage.
SG - a modest citrus nose, not particularly “weedy” or overwhelming.
KT takes this point.

Post-grind smell
KT - sweet and tangy, orange candy, still very much like a soft drink. It doesn’t evolve so much as get more powerful. Breaking it up releases aromatic notes into the air which I have trouble imagining anyone being offended by. I can foresee this being a Bed n Bath scent.
SG - sweet and dusty orange. There are more “cannabis” notes upon breaking into it, getting some musty and piny tones and the smell is not as apparent.
Point to KT.

Vapor Taste
KT - a delightful orange-lemon-lime presence that dies off after a few good hits.
SG - rolls in with a non-sweet orange flavor, like an orange essential oil rather than a candy. There’s also notes of lime. The flavor is extremely present.
Giving the point to SG, since I felt the flavor lasted a bit longer. They have slightly different strengths (more sweetness in the KT).

Vapor smoothness
KT - moderately smooth, coughed a bit.
SG - very smooth, no coughing on my end though I shared it with a friend and they coughed, produces volumes of clouds for a long period of time.
The point goes to SG.

Vapor longevity
KT - Decently productive for a few good hits and then lets up after a while.
SG - Lasted a bit longer in the vape, as it was more damp to begin with.
Point to SG.

Smoke Taste
KT - lightly orangey but turned smoky quick.
SG - tastes amazing smoked, the smoke just wallops you in the mouth with orange and lemony notes.
Point to SG.

Smoke Smoothness
KT - smooth AF, not a tickle
SG - pretty good, I coughed a couple of times but I don’t smoke regularly enough to have a tolerance and it may just be that my throat was annoyed because of me being unused to smoking.
Point to KT.

Ash
KT - burnt black and brown. It reminded me of really dark ABV, which made me wonder if I didn’t combust it properly, except I couldn’t get that bowl to relight and it just tasted like soot so I guess that was the resulting ash? I’m just not a skilled smoker.
SG - burnt to a dark grey, mostly black ash.
Point to SG.

Quality of high
KT - Moderate strength quality, shorter duration.
SG - Moderate quality of strength, I felt like this one might’ve been a bit more potent.
Point to SG.

Final Score
7 Speedgreens
6 King Tuts

So, the result is Speedgreens by a hair!

As it should be, since they’re selling it as a quad and not a trip! That said, I believe that King Tuts is a amazing value, since it’s a shockingly good flower to be sold as a $100 ounce. If money saving is more important to you, get the KT. If you're smoking, get the King Tuts. If you're vaping, get the Speedgreens.

If my review has inspired you to try either company, consider hunting down my code from the shill factory to sign up. :) Either way, fellow tokers, may the buds be ever in your favor!
Last edited by Keyll on Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Citrique Showdown - King Tuts versus Speedgreens

TRACKER420 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:07 am Love this kindda review, great work, wish shipping cheaper at king tutt be ordering right now
I have not tried this strain , you like? @ 6-7 outta 10..
Had me at orange pop smell taste
Thanks. About 7/10. It's nice, but not my top favorite strain. I feel like I had a fling with orange flavored strains for a bit and I'll probably buy it again at some point when I'm feeling orangey. I wish shipping was cheaper at KT too, $15 bucks instead of $20'd be nice but eh.

Keyll wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:59 am
TRACKER420 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:07 am Love this kindda review, great work, wish shipping cheaper at king tutt be ordering right now
I have not tried this strain , you like? @ 6-7 outta 10..
Had me at orange pop smell taste
Thanks. About 7/10. It's nice, but not my top favorite strain. I feel like I had a fling with orange flavored strains for a bit and I'll probably buy it again at some point when I'm feeling orangey. I wish shipping was cheaper at KT too, $15 bucks instead of $20'd be nice but eh.
yes, thanks for this comparison. was wondering about these two. nice to know they're comparably good!

Just a couple of quick notes here LOL

Free shipping is @ $198 (always has been). HOWEVER a free fairly nice gift (Including a free mystery AAA gram of weed, Pipes, Grinders...), is @ $99.

Free shipping and free gift @ $198

Citrique is on right now for $99 an oz. Jump on it while it lasts :)

Fun little competition though!

Yes, we have packaging options up the boof. Nothing against any other MoM here, as we may change things up in the future but we try and use less garbage and plastic. You can just about name the packaging you would like your products shipped in and we have it. I helped out a friends company who specializes in MJ Packaging get sales going. Just ask or it will be shipped as discretely and as safely BUT the use of the least amount of plastic and or cardboard will package the order.

I heard a couple other MoMs claim to have Tuna Kush and Nuken right now ;)

I'm always down to have our products compared :) It's fun and keeps us honest and of course, keeps us on the up and up while we shop and put a price tag on things!

Cheers, SpeedGreens, ThinkBach, thanks for reading and commenting.
King Tuts wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:35 pmFun little competition though!

Yes, we have packaging options up the boof. Nothing against any other MoM here, as we may change things up in the future but we try and use less garbage and plastic. You can just about name the packaging you would like your products shipped in and we have it. I helped out a friends company who specializes in MJ Packaging get sales going. Just ask or it will be shipped as discretely and as safely BUT the use of the least amount of plastic and or cardboard will package the order.

I heard a couple other MoMs claim to have Tuna Kush and Nuken right now ;)

I'm always down to have our products compared :) It's fun and keeps us honest and of course, keeps us on the up and up while we shop and put a price tag on things!
Yes, I respect the desire to keep packaging costs low and use the least amount of junk in an order. :D Edited the shipping cost and gift in there. Thanks for being down to let me compare your products! It was a fun format though it took a while to put together and I'll do one again when I get the opportunity to compare two strains I'm sure.

Appreciate the review! I'd like to say it finally pushed me over that edge and I made my first order! Though, I went with Black Cherry Soda over Critique as per Shawn's suggestion from the BudTender (not for me) and an order of Tuna for myself mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Natch, needed to throw in 1g of Death Bubba Live Resin, 1g Rockstar shatter and 1g GGC shatter.

Like I mentioned to Shawn, I'm not big on doing reviews, but since he asked to hear my feedback on the Tuna I said I would let him know.
King Tuts wrote: /snip
Attempted to reach out to you via the budtender but you were MIA (in my words). Had a nice little chat with your shipper! Maybe next time, who knows :P Looking forward to the Tuna; couldn't wait for the cans!