**NEW POSTING GUIDLINES STARTING OCT 1ST. **

*Posts in this section are user generated only, MoM's can comment on posts made but may not start post themselves.
*Posts MUST contain at least 1 photo of the product being reviewed.
*Posts MUST be thorough enough to offer others some context of the products. 1-2 line reviews may be removed at the admins discretion.

PhatNug - May 2018

PhatNug

Overall rating out of 10: 2

Sign Up: Relatively easy, a third party portal handles the age verification process so there is very little wait time for your new account to become active to make purchases.

Ordering & Pricing: Pricing is definitely on the high side, even with the one time new customer promo code 'phatnugdiscord' or 'discordphatnug' i forget which. I ordered 28g of what was presented as C99 and theorder process was smooth. Two days passed before my payment was accepted, it was sent Tuesday and accepted Thursday night, package arrived Friday morning. the 28g with promo code was still 221. Shipping is free over 200 so at least that was a small bonus.

Communication: Mike the Phatnug discord rep is cool and responsive and genuinely seems to want to help. It was him who alerted me that C99 was back in stock on the site.

Packaging: The package left much to be desired, it got here ok and the smell was minimal which is surprising considering it wasn't vac sealed. I suppose they figured it would only be in transit over night so no big deal.

Edit May 14: The part that really bothers me is the duct tape provided no function, it wasn't sealing the container in anyway as i was able to lift the top without cutting or ripping anything, the worst part though is the clear part of the container is the only part that is recyclable but the duct tape glue residue now makes it garbage. A cardboard box would be a much friendlier solution.

Products / Photos: Well, the product I received is nothing like what is described and pictured on the phatnug site. The phatnug site product page:
https://phatnug.com/product/cinderella- ... va-hybrid/

They claim it to be tangy, sweet, earthy, and citrus.

What I actually received was a really musty cheese / skunk variety with zero nose profile to that of Cinderella 99. Thinking I was crazy I took out what remaining C99 I had from last fall to compare. The photo shows my C99 bud on the left, and the PhatNug C99 bud on the right... I even captured the PhatNug photo side by side to compare. Two out of three are distinctly Cindy. I smoked a small half gram joint as the final factor, the effects were energetic, foggy, lethargic, then ultimately disphoria with a headache... the typical cheese/heavy indica reaction I get. The looks are different as well so I certainly must have been mistakenly sent the wrong strain.
Incentive for Customers: None

Incentive for Review: None

Notes:

I've been in touch with Mike and Caroline, to be fair Mike has been the only PhatNug member that was truly helpful and wanted to resolve the problem that came up.

For reference, this is what C99 should be and what I'm used to
https://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Ci ... ers_Grimm/

After finally conceding to Caroline and Mike that this could possibly be a pheno of C99 I've never had I did come across one mention of C99 F42 - a pheno of old cheese and rotten meat. I've only seen one mention of this and it's on a subreddit, so it's very possible PhatNug got their hands on the extremely rare cheese and meat pheno of C99. The effects are entirely different from traditional C99 as well, but that's just me.

Be aware, it's possible the descriptions on the site are not updated from batch to batch.

Update 2: May 14
Still no word from PhatNug, i had to reach out to them. Still no update to the product page so I really don't know what's going on but from my perspective this MoM is not reliable at all.
Last edited by smokearoo on Mon May 14, 2018 10:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

Re: PhatNug - May 2018

Annointed wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:06 am Man I don't get why they only offer you free shipping. What are they thinking? If I received a completely different strain from what I ordered, what makes them think I'll make a 2nd order?.. I don't want your free shipping, I want my strain!
agreed id be pretty upset when it's such an expensive ounce
Hey clicking here will take you to Cheapweed.ca where you can order and use my referral code : KUSH5OFF for 5 percent off your order! Thanks for supporting my reviews!!!

flyingmigit8 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:25 am
Annointed wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:06 am Man I don't get why they only offer you free shipping. What are they thinking? If I received a completely different strain from what I ordered, what makes them think I'll make a 2nd order?.. I don't want your free shipping, I want my strain!
agreed id be pretty upset when it's such an expensive ounce
Same here. Its not like were not paying good money for their products.

Refund........Free oz

There was no point to the duct tape, it wasn't sealing the container at all but it is a good point about the bud not getting crushed... though a more environmentally friendly box would've been better. None of this plastic can be recycled... the clear is contaminated with duct tape glue and black plastic can't be recycled. This is all to say the bag itself wasn't vac packed.

Hi everyone,
We always appreciate genuine and honest feedback on our products and service.
OP has approached us about the problem and has been polite and friendly through our conversations. We are still currently going through a process of a satisfactory resolution.

We also started vacuum packaging all our shipments containing bud and hope to continue improving our products and services to serve the community.