**NEW POSTING GUIDLINES STARTING OCT 1ST. **

*Posts in this section are user generated only, MoM's can comment on posts made but may not start post themselves.
*Posts MUST contain at least 1 photo of the product being reviewed.
*Posts MUST be thorough enough to offer others some context of the products. 1-2 line reviews may be removed at the admins discretion.

Weedsmart review, 4 strains & goodies

MOM Name WEEDSMART.CA

Overall rating out of 10: 8/10

Sign Up: Had a small issue with the site not accepting my hometown as valid, reported it via PM here and it was fixed the next day (site did not ask for the address at all once "fixed"). I was asked to send my address by PM here so I never actually provided it on the site except for the photo of my ID (required on signup).

Ordering & Pricing: I was offered a free sample pack for review (exactly this: https://weedsmart.ca/product/indica-sample-pack), listed at 160$ for an ounce and goodies, given the quality of the product received, I consider this a good deal. The flower is all AAA+/AAAA in my opinion. They currently have a 33% sale on most products so currently the individual products are cheaper than the pack, so keep it in mind.

Communication: Like I said I was offered this sample pack via PM, out of the blue. I had issues with the site which I reported via PM here, didn't get a reply but it eventually fixed itself, so I PM'ed again to tell them it was OK. Then it was radio silence for a couple days. I then got a message telling me I had been added to the list and that I'd get a tracking number. Took almost a week for the item to ship and I got my tracking number then. The package was sent Tuesday and I got it Thursday morning. Since it's a free gift, I'm not going to complain or alter my score but had it been a paid order, I would really have appreciated better communication.

Packaging: A cardboard XpressPost envelope, containing a thin cardboard box in which there was a vacuum sealed bag containing the different products (each in individual ziplock style bags). No smell, discreet return address, overall pretty good. The only small complaint I have is the vacuum bag was vacuumed pretty hard and all the buds were a bit crushed. Some room for improvement here, but once in a rolling paper, I doubt my joint will complain :)

Products / Photos:

All the products are properly trimmed and cured, not too dry, just how I like it. I never had any of these strains and I usually get mostly sativas, so this is all new territory for me!

Grinder + Rolling paper + filter pack + Sticker: Not much value there, but free goodies are free goodies.

Purple Candy: The nose is relatively subtle, a bit gassy, very nice. One (and only one) of the buds has a clear purple hue to it. Looks nice! Update: Just smoked this and meh, I was disappointed. Rolling it I noticed it was noticeably dryer than the other samples I got in this order. There is pretty much no taste other than smoke and it was a bit harsh on the throat/lungs. Didn't get much of a buzz either. Giving this like a 4/10.

Black Diamond: Nice nose, a mix of gassy and grassy. Pictures I saw of this strain from other MOM's showed dark purple almost black buds but this is definitely green. This was a pretty good smoke and solid buzz. The taste is smooth and the smoke is thick, not much terpene but the little that makes it through is nice and sweet. 7/10.

Pink Crack: The nose on this is strong and gassy, smells amazing! The smoke was much smoother than expected, it has a rich mellow earthy taste and it's very smooth on throat and lungs. Good smoke. I like a little more character in my weed, but that was a very pleasant smoke. Buzz is nice and strong. Giving this a 8.5/10

Mk Ultra: This one has a very special nose, very distinct, never had any weed that smelled like this. It reminds of a bit of fresh cocoa, it's a subtle but rich nose, a tiny my earthy, smells delicious! The smoke is smooth with a hint of spice on exhale, the terpene level is a bit low but the smoke is very rich. The buzz was a bit of a creeper and ended up being very strong and nice. Good stuff! Giving this a solid 8/10.

Incentive for Customers: They have a reward system where every order gives points as well as a referral program. I couldn't find info on free shipping threshold on the site, so no idea there.

Incentive for Review: The sample pack was offered free in exchange for a review here and MOMpics reddit.

Notes: As always my allegiance lies to the members here, so the review or score is not skewed by the fact the product was received for free (well, other than the slack I'm giving them for comms, see comment above).
Last edited by xsinx on Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Re: Weedsmart review, 4 strains & goodies

Thank you for the valuable input and the very detailed review on our product :) We truly appreciate this!

I would like to deeply apologize for my delayed response during our conversation there was a disconnect for a few days where we were doing updates and a few days where I could not get on to the forum as such I would like to also say if you ever need to get a hold of us promptly going forward you or any one can feel free to reach out via discord just tag @weedsmart this will ping my cellphone directly! which then I can reach out to my partners to figure out any inquiry as quickly and effortless for you the end customer :).

We look forward to proving ourselves within this community by serving only the highest quality products and offering only the best customer service!

Let us know what we can do for you today!

Sincerely
Weedsmart

Re: Weedsmart review, 4 strains & goodies

Just a quick update. I posted the pics on reddit and one guy told me the weed looked washed. I'll be honest I have no experience with washed weed, so I would never have brought it up myself.

I did look at it with a magnifier (wish I had a microscope) under a bright light and I'll admit the trichomes are pretty much nonexistent on the samples I got.

Make what you will of it. The pics I posted can be zoomed quite a bit, check it out for yourselves. Pics were taken under the bright afternoon sun.