**NEW POSTING GUIDLINES STARTING OCT 1ST. **

*Posts in this section are user generated only, MoM's can comment on posts made but may not start post themselves.
*Posts MUST contain at least 1 photo of the product being reviewed.
*Posts MUST be thorough enough to offer others some context of the products. 1-2 line reviews may be removed at the admins discretion.

Kootenay Craft - October 2018

Kootenay Craft 8/10 – I’d been hearing good things about KC’s flower for a while, so I figured I’d finally bite the bullet and give them a try. Ordered back in mid October, but I believe many of the strains I tried are still in stock, or have been restocked. I had somewhat of a mixed experience, but I’ll get into that more below.

Sign Up: Fairly straightforward, only it took about a day longer than with most MoMs to get approved – no big deal. I believe they are only accepting MMPR patients now, but I’m sure it’s still worth applying either way.

Ordering & Pricing: Pretty pricey without a discount. I ended up combining two discounts – the $50 off WELCOME code and 20% off because I got four quarters. Otherwise their top-end stuff is definitely out of my price range. They do offer a free shipping threshold of $120, which is better than the average $200 a lot of MoMs offer.

Communication: Not the best, if I’m being honest. They generally take a few days to respond to emails. But one thing I’ve noticed with some of the more popular MoMs is that customer service tends to decrease as they gain in popularity. While cs is super important to me, at the end of the day as long as I can get good weed in a timely fashion I don’t really mind much.

Packaging: Packaging is definitely on point. Clear jars with black lids and nice labels. They keep everything from getting crushed, but they’re pretty staticy if that bothers you. Each jar came with a one gram boveda, but they were all completely dry and hard. Everything came vac-sealed as is standard these days.

Products / Photos:
Green Grease Monkey This one came recommended as a heavy hitter, and while at first I was a bit underwhelmed by the size of the nugs, I found it to have a nice subtle gassy aroma, and it was glistening with trichomes. The taste is really nice as well – earthy, but sweet and gassy. I definitely got a creamy cookie flavour from the cookies genetics as well. I would definitely re-order and recommend this one.

Goji Berry Haze My favourite of the four strains I tried. It doesn’t stand out all that much appearance-wise, but the flavour and smell on this one are just perfect. I can’t quite figure out how to describe it, but it’s fucking delicious – sweet and fruity with a generic berry flavour – almost reminiscent of Hawaiian punch or fruit punch. The high is nice and uplifting, and very energizing. I found myself organizing and cleaning the house for like 4 hours after vaping two bowls. This is also one of KC’s ‘living soil’ strains; idk if it made a difference, but it was super terpy and fresh-tasting.

Amnesia Haze Here’s where things started to go south a bit. I found the smell on this one to be really off-putting. It just has an overpowering musty, stale smell that covers any earthy lemon, citrus smell it’s supposed to have. Based on a couple reviews and their website description I really don’t think it smelled right. I checked all the nugs over pretty thoroughly and couldn’t see any rot or mold, so maybe it’s just an old batch, or it was jarred a while ago. After spending a week in a jar with a larger boveda it still smelled bad, but tasted somewhat sweet and earthy like it’s supposed to. I quite enjoyed the buzz from this one, and found it energizing like the Goji berry. Definitely wouldn’t re-order because of the smell, but I’d say it’s still worth a try if that’s not a deal breaker for you.

Watermelon This one unfortunately had a similar musty earthy smell to the Amnesia, though there were definitely sweeter undertones. After a week with a boveda it smelled a lot better and was much less dry. I still hate having to do that though. I feel like drying and rehydrating degrades the quality of the weed. Maybe I’m wrong, idk.
I also unfortunately found some white specks on the leaves under the microscope that appeared to be mold. I can’t say for sure, but I checked with others on discord and multiple people said it looked like it to them. I want to say that I don’t hold this against the MoM – I literally stumbled across it while taking pics under the microscope for this review. Other than that one spot I couldn’t find any others, so I just threw that nug out. I sent KC this pic, and they said they hadn’t received any complaints about those two strains and offered me some goodies on my next order to make up for it. I could have pressed the issue further, but it just wasn’t worth it to me tbh. It appears they have a new batch of watermelon in stock, so I would maybe give this one more chance, as it’s pretty cheap. Maybe.

Incentive for Customers:
As mentioned above I used the one-time code WELCOME for $50 off and got 20% off for combining four quarters.

Incentive for Review: No incentive.

Notes: I found KC’s quality to be a bit hit and miss. One pro is that they offer a good first order coupon, so it’s absolutely worth trying them at least once if you can still sign up. I also found everything to be fairly potent, even the two strains I had issues with. Granted, I probably have a lower tolerance than some people on here, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I would re-order 2/4 strains, which is generally a positive for me as I’m pretty picky. I find their communication to be pretty lacklustre, and their response to my issue with the watermelon and amnesia was tepid, and left me a bit underwhelmed. If they had another good sale going and the Cactus Breath is in stock I’d consider giving them another shot.

Imgur album with all the pics: https://imgur.com/a/N6fVnJ7

Re: Kootenay Craft - October 2018

Thanks, I appreciate it! They have much better weed than most moms for sure. I'd rate them in the top two or three, even with their issues. I bought exclusively with HSP for the last eight months before I tried KC, and had purchased from a bunch of different moms before that. I used to always stock up when Walter at BC bud store would put out a 30% off coupon. I've heard KC compared to JJ and CE, but I haven't tried either of them.
As for the jars, that hasn't been an issue yet. It's easier for me to read them with the labels on top.