**NEW POSTING GUIDLINES STARTING OCT 1ST. **

*Posts in this section are user generated only, MoM's can comment on posts made but may not start post themselves.
*Posts MUST contain at least 1 photo of the product being reviewed.
*Posts MUST be thorough enough to offer others some context of the products. 1-2 line reviews may be removed at the admins discretion.

King Tuts 2: Electric Boogaloo - GGC, LSD, Strawberry Banana, Grease Monkey

Hi y'all!

I will be checking out four strains for my second King Tuts review.
We will be looking at Gods Green Crack, Lemon Sour Diesel, Strawberry Banana, and Grease Monkey.

MOM Name - KingTuts.ca

Overall rating out of 10: 9/10

Ordering & Pricing:
The site redesign took a little bit to get used to and there are still some kinks to work out, but aside from that, the order seemed to go well. The package was shipped xpress post, but ended up in the void for a few days and was delivered 3 days later than it should have been.
Communication:
Good communication, I checked in when waiting for the package to arrive. Always friendly and quick service.
Packaging:
Products were vacuum sealed, but had been punctured or had lost its seal. The packaging was decent, though I was able to detect an odor outside of the bag. I’m not sure if it was punctured in transit, but it had lost its seal. Thankfully I'm chill with the Canada Post worker, and was able to get the parcel without issue. The two ounces I received came with two 4 gram bovida packets, and the flower was quite damp. The GGC was at risk of mold, maybe from being punctured or it may have been shipped too damp. I had to take it out and dry it.
Products / Photos:
Products were tested by vaporization in a Volcano and Vivant Alternate.

The strains in this review are Gods Green Crack, Lemon Sour Diesel, Strawberry Banana, and Grease Monkey:
Gods Green Crack: 4/5
Look – A very interesting looking strain. I had purchased this same strain a few weeks ago, and I think that it looked better the last time I got it (I got a 12 gram nug). This most recent batch had some yellowed leaves on the outside and purpling is visible on the flower, which was a nice change. Still amazing though!
Smell – Deep woodsy smell with a herbal aroma, with a kushy sourness. A little more damp than I had liked, so I was dried it out.
Taste – Very floral and pungent, I enjoy its savoriness.
Effect – Strong effects with a whole body buzz. Feeling like I am warm all over. Definitely cerebral in some ways, different from any strain I have tried before.
Note - Was somewhat damp when received and needed to be dried out before being good to vape. Not as good as the previous batch I received a few weeks ago in my opinion, but still works great.
GGC - https://imgur.com/nkejStj
ezgif-5-fd87634ff722.gif
Lemon Sour Diesel: 3.5/5
Look – A ridiculous amount of orange hairs adorn these dense nugs.
Smell – Lacks the distinct diesel smell, has almost a pineyness with light citrus hints.
Taste – Lemony with pine finish.
Effect – Milder than I had anticipated, I found the effects mellow and light. A bit more cerebral than I had though, with very little tiredness.
LSD - https://imgur.com/L7ALNPf
ezgif-4-21cf5572f8de.gif
Strawberry Banana: 5/5
Look – Well trimmed dense nugs, with tons of crystal.
Smell – Tropical funkiness with light notes of banana, though I had trouble detecting any strawberry.
Taste – Sweet and sugary taste on the front, with a super smooth finish. Left my mouth and lungs feeling great.
Effect – Super warm and fuzzy, definitely like the effects of this strain. Waves of uplifting, happy energy.
Strawberry Banana - https://imgur.com/wzyhhBM
ezgif-4-5dbe66040854.gif

Grease Monkey: 5/5
Look – The light green nug I got looked coated with crystal. A little more soft and fluffy and with less red hairs than the previous strains.
Smell – Sweet and skunky with hints of something like Chemdawg. Light and funky with an intense smell. Spicy or peppery.
Taste - Diesel taste - earthy and pungent with citrus. Less sweet than it smells. Very hard hitting.
Effect – So very strong this one is. Super relaxing and full bodied, grease monkey hits like a truck. I found myself staring off into space for some time after I vaped it. I also noticed a significant increase in hunger.
Grease Monkey - https://imgur.com/7mOjgL7
ezgif-5-0b8d26ae6de6.gif
Incentive for Customers:
New Years sale! Also free shipping on orders over $198.

Incentive for Review:
N/A

Notes:
I was pretty happy overall, King Tuts always has great service and pretty good products. That said, this time around I was a little concerned about the package disappearing for 3 days and arriving with the seal broken. If the package had sat any longer being as damp as it was, I think it may have begun to rot.
Last edited by frankthetank on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Attachments
ezgif-5-fd87634ff722.gif

Re: King Tuts 2: Electric Boogaloo - GGC, LSD, Strawberry Banana, Grease Monkey

frankthetank wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:31 pm
Cannabal wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:28 pm Really cool images! How did you manage that? My guess is a gif with a transition between two photos taken with different lighting angles?
Exactly, Just switched between angles! I actually got some new lighting gear today in the mail, looking forward to busting it out for the next photo shoot.
Super clever idea, and you did a nice clean job of it too.. Great review, thanks for the effort!

Nice job on the pictures!

When you mentioned the packaging being broken or punctured, was that at the heat seal or on the body of the bag? This is the first I have ever heard of this but I will make sure that they are triple checked before going out but again, first time hearing that and it is unacceptable to leave and arrive that way.

Sounds like we need to keep a better eye on the humidity levels.. We do store and ship all products that require humidity control with Boveda packs but we need to make sure they are at the levels you guys deserve and should be at.

Glad you really enjoyed the Strawberry Banana, Grease Monkey and the customer service :p

Thanks for the review, it's obvious the time you had spent on it was well thought out and very well executed.

Appreciate the order and support!

King Tuts wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:38 am Nice job on the pictures!

When you mentioned the packaging being broken or punctured, was that at the heat seal or on the body of the bag? This is the first I have ever heard of this but I will make sure that they are triple checked before going out but again, first time hearing that and it is unacceptable to leave and arrive that way.

Sounds like we need to keep a better eye on the humidity levels.. We do store and ship all products that require humidity control with Boveda packs but we need to make sure they are at the levels you guys deserve and should be at.

Glad you really enjoyed the Strawberry Banana, Grease Monkey and the customer service :p

Thanks for the review, it's obvious the time you had spent on it was well thought out and very well executed.

Much appreciated! I believe it was a leak in the heat seal, it may have popped from being crushed underneath something during transit. The odor wasn't super strong outside of the parcel thanks to the additional craft bag that they come in, but it was subtly noticeable. I would assume the package ended up getting wedged somewhere along the line. Stuff like this happens from time to time, I totally understand. All of the packaging we have gotten from you has been top notch so I would assume travel was a little rough this time around. As for the humidity levels, yeah I think if the parcel had made it overnight it wouldn't have been a big issue. That said, with the delays in post these days, I could see there being some issues with sealed packages if there is too much moisture.

Anyhow, I'm happy with how everything went. Thanks as usual, we appreciate the service over here!

frankthetank wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:42 am

Much appreciated! I believe it was a leak in the heat seal, it may have popped from being crushed underneath something during transit. The odor wasn't super strong outside of the parcel thanks to the additional craft bag that they come in, but it was subtly noticeable. I would assume the package ended up getting wedged somewhere along the line. Stuff like this happens from time to time, I totally understand. All of the packaging we have gotten from you has been top notch so I would assume travel was a little rough this time around. As for the humidity levels, yeah I think if the parcel had made it overnight it wouldn't have been a big issue. That said, with the delays in post these days, I could see there being some issues with sealed packages if there is too much moisture.

Anyhow, I'm happy with how everything went. Thanks as usual, we appreciate the service over here!
No, time waiting for delivery should not be enough of a factor to alter the humidity levels of the product. I'm assuming the leak was quite small, so I can't see much of a change by that. I have made sure to chat with the shop and take a look at all products we have stored and make sure we are as close to perfect moisture levels as possible. I will have an update fro that from the guys tomorrow morning. Competition is fierce and plenty, the things we can control had better be controlled to the best of our ability. That being said, we have learned a lot since we started up, with problems becoming less and less an issue. We still make sure to handle them and take care EVERY issue. I'm sure will be doing something a little extra for you either ASAP or in the future.

Thanks again for the time you spent to talk about your experience with us. I hope it's a 10/10 next time.

KT

King Tuts wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:52 am
frankthetank wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:42 am

No, time waiting for delivery should not be enough of a factor to alter the humidity levels of the product. I'm assuming the leak was quite small, so I can't see much of a change by that. I have made sure to chat with the shop and take a look at all products we have stored and make sure we are as close to perfect moisture levels as possible. I will have an update fro that from the guys tomorrow morning. Competition is fierce and plenty, the things we can control had better be controlled to the best of our ability. That being said, we have learned a lot since we started up, with problems becoming less and less an issue. We still make sure to handle them and take care EVERY issue. I'm sure will be doing something a little extra for you either ASAP or in the future.

Thanks again for the time you spent to talk about your experience with us. I hope it's a 10/10 next time.

KT
Your hard work and attention to detail really shows! The rain storms over here have been crazy over the past while so I wouldn't be surprised if things are a little damp.
I never got to thank you guys for the swag you sent out to the first 100 orders during the relaunch, that bubbler was a nice surprise. I have been running the vivant alternate through it which has definitely improved the experience.
I definitely look forward to our next order, I have some more techniques planned for the next photo shoot. Keep up the great work!

Vdubb wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:19 am I haven’t ordered from them since Halloween but the grease monkey and NLA were by far my fav strains. Glad to see you liked the GM. It’s a heavy hitting hybrid that’s very similar to gg4.. pretty sure GG4 is in the lineage, if I’m not mistaken.
Yeah, I was surprised at how nice it was! Interesting to hear it is a gorilla glue strain, I didn't know that but now that you mention it, it really makes sense.

Grease Monkey, a cross between Gorilla Glue and Cookies and Cream. Yeah, it's a nice one that we are very proud of for sure!

We have the same grower for: Grease Monkey, NLA, Zombie OG, WStar and Xsinx favorite Stripper Spit :) All very well grown and our "house" quads. Obviously because of price, quads don't sell as often as our $99 lower tier or graded buds but the more they get out, the more of a buzz they get. I think we have had close to a 99% happy rating on all of those.

The hash plant is super nice as well! Glad you're enjoying it :)

To touch on the GGC being damp, we are out of stock on it, so any more we get in will be closely looked at and made sure to be @ 8-10% moisture with a moisture meter. That goes for all the strains.

For lineage on all of our products, we have as much as we can listed but keeping the read short and sweet... if you guys wanted to know about anything else we carry :)

I have big Hash news coming up, so stay tuned Hash lovers!

Your hard work and attention to detail really shows! The rain storms over here have been crazy over the past while so I wouldn't be surprised if things are a little damp.
I never got to thank you guys for the swag you sent out to the first 100 orders during the relaunch, that bubbler was a nice surprise. I have been running the vivant alternate through it which has definitely improved the experience.
I definitely look forward to our next order, I have some more techniques planned for the next photo shoot. Keep up the great work!
Thanks, glad you got in on the gift bundle! I think they were solid for mentioning we have one going out :) Can't think of anyone that got one that wasn't happy with theirs :) They were all purchase related to, which I thought was cool!

King Tuts wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:26 pm
Thanks, glad you got in on the gift bundle! I think they were solid for mentioning we have one going out :) Can't think of anyone that got one that wasn't happy with theirs :) They were all purchase related to, which I thought was cool!
Yeah it really stood out to my partner and I, a very nice gesture! Thanks again! I will shoot you a message before our next order to get your opinion on your current stock.