**NEW POSTING GUIDLINES STARTING OCT 1ST. **

*Posts in this section are user generated only, MoM's can comment on posts made but may not start post themselves.
*Posts MUST contain at least 1 photo of the product being reviewed.
*Posts MUST be thorough enough to offer others some context of the products. 1-2 line reviews may be removed at the admins discretion.

[Hillside Pharms] Do-si-dos Hybrid Indica Review | 4.5/5

Do-si-dos is another familiar strain name I hear a lot about and wanted to try out so luckily I received a sample from HSP which tend to specialize in higher-end, boutique strains.

Even before opening the jar you could tell it was really crystally, light in color. When opening the jar right away we're hit with that alcoholic, spirit smell you associate with high-end strains. Not too many red hairs, lots of crystals (hand trimmed?) and just white overall due to the lust and shine.

Breaking it open you can tell it is indeed BRAIDED foxtails which I love to see, but sticky so it simply looks like a bud when it's not ;). The red hairs, tho few, are long and rap around the tip of the bud. This kind of bud structure we've seen before with the chocolope and is almost typical in high end HSP strains. The benefit is due to the structure there is no change of color in the center, there is no hollow-ness, so we get consistent, shiny crystals right down to the middle. Now that we cracked it open we get a VERY piney, acidic, stings-the-nose alky-acidic smells. That lime, lemon pledge smell is really sharp and the smell alone wakes you up.

Grinding it up leaves a very light green, fluffy, crystally, few-redhairs material. Emphasizing JUST how light green it is you can tell the 0.5 grams ground up nearly fills up half the grinder. Tho not SUPER sticky (sticks to itself not fingers) its the smell that really makes it stand out. You get a very sour, acidic, similar to the Sour Jack we had not too long ago. Sweet, sour, lemony, candy, very very in-your-face and strong. Probably one of the strongest smells we've seen despite this bud being so little amount and from a few weeks ago with a boveda.

From the vape we get a good, but not THE best vaping experience. Lower temps (185) we got a lot of the sour taste similar to the smell, very in-your-face with slight hint of baked goods and cookies. At higher temps (195) we got a ton of vapor (signifying freshness) and eventually transitioned to a sweet-cookie taste, not the sour taste we expected. Def not a bad thing (in fact quite tasty) just a bit unexpected, a pleasant surprise.

Smoking it left a light-grey to dark-grey ash. It was a bit harsh (but whether its due to the high THC or how it was grown its hard to tell) but by far not painful harsh, just not shisha-smooth. The taste was nice too, no burned-ash taste. Effects kicked in right away: behind-the-eyes buzz, euphoric, a bit of body buzz... pretty 50/50 hybrid. Relaxed, not couch locked. Social, but stay-at-home. Def. a late night end-of-day effect.

Overall really happy with this strain having tried it for the first time. Great bag appeal, great alcoholic smell, braided foxtails once again, good in the vape, good in the pipe. Really nothing to point and say 'I didnt like this or this' and in fact would make me want to try other do-si-do even more just to see if all the strains are as great as this.