**NEW POSTING GUIDLINES STARTING OCT 1ST. **

*Posts in this section are user generated only, MoM's can comment on posts made but may not start post themselves.
*Posts MUST contain at least 1 photo of the product being reviewed.
*Posts MUST be thorough enough to offer others some context of the products. 1-2 line reviews may be removed at the admins discretion.

The Canna Society Review - April 2020

MoM/Retailer Name

The Canna Society

Shipping/Packaging

Located and ships out of beautiful BC and made it to Ontario in three business days. Quite fast considering all the delays. Safely packaged in a box with all the products vacuum sealed. No smells and no squished goods.

Strains :

Love Potion
This one certainly fits the bill of the love potion appearance with it's vibrant and bright green profile. Dense and perfectly trimmed with plenty of peach orange hairs that are overlapped by a thick coating of milky trichs. Slightly crispy on the exterior but quite sticky on the inside and still clumps together when ground up. 

Only one wiff is needed to recognize that familiar love potion profile. Zesty, tangy lemon-citrus notes followed by slight hints of pine and a certain funk that borderlines cheesy. Very pungent and translates nicely to flavour with a citrusy-pine aftertaste. Smokes incredibly smooth producing a clean white ash in a joint.

Extremely uplifted and upbeat sativa high. Very hazy like, yet social and functional with little to no burnout afterwards. Perfect wake and bake strain with a moderate potency that doesn't overwhelm or make one anxious as some sativas can tend to do.

Black Diamond
This black diamond ended up being one of my favourites of the strains next to the love potion. Slightly leafy and bushy appearance, with purple toned buds that are actually pretty dense despite the look and sticky to the touch. Very caked as well and overall a decent bag appeal.

Classic black diamond profile. A nose and taste with notes of musky berries and grapes followed by hints of earthy sweetness. Very terpy and tasty, as well as smooth smoking, leaving behind a salt and pepper ash.

The high begins with uplifting and social effects, feeling more sativa like, before turning into a relaxed and mellow buzz. Not sedating one bit and is actually one of your more functional indicas making it perfect for social evenings.

Purple Candy
A cross of Sweet Tooth and Mendocino Purps, this Purple Candy arrived on the slightly sticky side with a decent amount of crystals. Fluffy on the outside but denser towards the core. Dark green with purple streaks with a trim that could use just a bit of plucking as there is some extra sugar leaf.

Pleasant nose and taste reminiscent of a purple kush in ways and gets stronger once broken up. Sweet and nutty aromas of earth and noticeable grape subtleties. Leans more on the nutty and earthy side when smoked with candy-grape undertones. A sharp smoke that can bring on a bit of a throat tickle but not overly harsh and burns with a salt and pepper ash.

Really enjoyed the indica leaning high as it put me in a very relaxed and euphoric mood. Had me focused and glued into the couch for a good couple hours zoning out to Better Call Saul. Not sedating but did leave me feeling a tiny bit burned out afterwards.

Black Mamba
A few contradicting answers to the genes of this strain but the canna society has it listed as a cross of Grand Daddy Purple and Black Domina. This sample was on the drier side and could use some humidity pack love. Not to the point of crumbling but still broke up easily without a grinder. Dark green with purple shades and a decent dusting of trichomes with some extra sugar leaf.

The terps are a little muted, most likely due to the lack of moisture but slightly improves after breaking the bud apart. More of a generic sweet and earthy profile and is also the same when smoked. Smokes rather smooth in a joint however, burning a clean white ash, but definitely left a bit to be desired in the taste category.

Potent indica leaning high that promotes a very relaxing and calming body stone with euphoric and heady sensations to go along with it. Didn't find it to be sedating but it definitely put me into quite a lazy and tired mood afterwards.

Critical Mass
A classic lineage of Afghan and Skunk #1, this Critical Mass shines in the bag appeal department with a sticky, dense, beautiful bud structure. Covered in a heaping helping of frosty trichomes and neatly trimmed, sporting colours of light greens and and wild orange hairs. Also some visible purple shades throughout the surface.

The profile is decent as well and shares characteristics from both parents with hints of Sweet kush and earth with lingering undertones of subtle skunk when broken up. This batch undoubtedly had some potential but unfortunately it stops at the looks and smell. As another reviewer pointed out, it smoked rather harshly with a dark ash and inconsistent burn, stunting the flavour and enjoyment to be honest. Definitely seems like a flush issue.

Only smoked a tiny amount before stuffing out the joint as I didn't want to start coughing or get an irritated throat but the little I smoked gave me quite a potent buzz, once again making me think this stuff had some potential. Hopefully the next batch will be better!

Incentive

These samples were offered by The Canna Society for my honest opinions and reviews on them.