Legal Risks

Hey guys,

I was wondering what are the legal risks of using an MOM service if you buy more than 1 ounce of flower (legal limit)? Is there a chance of being charged with trafficking/distribution? I know this rarely happens but what on the off chance that you get a real prick cop/judge and they decide to make an example out of you? Could you do time for this? End up with a criminal record? I have looked all over the internet and cannot find anyone that has ever suffered legal consequences from using an MOM.

From what I understand, weed is not usually seized unless there is a leak/hole in the packaging. If a package is seized it goes to Scarborough, Ontario and is destroyed by RCMP and you will get a letter. However, I have also heard that they document the information of the sender and receiver before it is destroyed which means your address could be flagged and you may have trouble in the future receiving packages. Has anyone ever heard of the RCMP following up on these packages if there were large amounts in them? At what size does a package become of interest to them? 4 ounces? 8? 16? Could they subpoena your bank records and prove that you ordered it?
I know a lot of people who buy in bulk and have never had an issue. Also, would you be deemed guilty if you signed for the package? Is it better to leave the signature required option unchecked when ordering for this reason?

Cheers
Last edited by thepulse101 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Legal Risks

I personally wouldn't be too worried unless you're going international. You're 1 of millions across Canada placing order DAILY online. Canada Post is already carrying more than the mobile 30g limit with essentially every truck that goes out... If you want to talk trafficking etc, there's a long list on top of your name. There's a lot going on in the Canadian ecosystem, I wouldn't be too worried. With that being said, it isn't legal and technically anything can happen if they choose... IMO worst case scenario is you lose a package.
Canada Weed Delivery - Free 1/8th with your first order using code BESUPHERB. Free joint with every order. 2 hour or less Calgary deliveries | Supherbs on MOMINDEX

Seconding SupHerbs. We have never seen anything other than lost packages. Zero risk to the consumer.
I would say lower risk, as we don't sell you irradiated Cannabis grown by minimum wage page employees...
The product you get from CAMMP or any of the other MoMs here is almost certainly superior to the LPs or government stores.

Most MoMs will replace any missing or lost packages
We offer insurance for your purchases for guaranteed delivery even to high-loss Northern destinations

It is a privilege to serve you.

https://ww.cammp.ca

Had a QP package get seized years back due to wrong address ..

They gave me some story about all packages in the Scarbrough warehouse getting opened no matter what saying since its their lost package warehouse its necessary to catch the parishables.. Nothing came of it and I was never flagged..
I wouldnt be to concerned, if they are to investigate further theyd be gunning for the mom not you