Is this Mold?

Was going through the batch I got and noticed a few spots on the bud looked a little white, and when feeling around it it seemed wet/dense/stuck together compared to the rest of the bud. Still new to this, was going to ask in discord but says invite is invalid.
Last edited by Complicacy on Sun May 27, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Attachments
IMG_4618 - Copy.jpg
IMG_4618 - Copy.jpg (6.44 MiB) Viewed 4367 times
IMG_4623 - Copy.jpg
IMG_4623 - Copy.jpg (2.39 MiB) Viewed 4367 times
IMG_4622 - Copy.jpg
IMG_4622 - Copy.jpg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 4367 times

Re: Is this Mold?

hemporess wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:34 am I've never had moldy weed so I'm no expert.. your buds look fine to me.
Here are the spots I'm talking about, imo this doesn't look normal.
Attachments
IMG_4626.jpg
IMG_4626.jpg (738.79 KiB) Viewed 4319 times
IMG_4623.jpg
IMG_4623.jpg (711.78 KiB) Viewed 4319 times
IMG_4622.jpg
IMG_4622.jpg (988.75 KiB) Viewed 4319 times
IMG_4618.jpg
IMG_4618.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 4319 times

Look's safe and fine to me,

Some bud's will have more amber colours (orange, orange hairs as well )
White mold would be powdery mildew, as if someone splashed paint on it
Example : http://www.marijuanatimes.org/avoidance ... is-plants/

Bud rot would be orange, or you would see cotton webs or bad discolouring.
https://moldresistantstrains.com/wp-con ... d-mold.jpg

:D hope this helps,

Not an expert, but from experience this would be my best opinion

RaNdMViLnCE wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:13 pm
Complicacy wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 5:58 am Was going through the batch I got and noticed a few spots on the bud looked a little white, and when feeling around it it seemed wet/dense/stuck together compared to the rest of the bud. Still new to this, was going to ask in discord but says invite is invalid.
they look ok to me, but its hard to tell, i would take a closer look at the white around that stock.

Discord link should be working fine, ill test it though, thanks!
late to the viewing... on pic#3 looks like there may be some signs of bud rot, but it's hard to tell from pics some times.
Also, the feel/texture is noticeably different from fresh bud, the dry rot part of the bud will go to like a dust form when crushed between your fingers, best I can explain it, it just doesn't break up the same as fresh bud, lol.

I had moldy weed once. If your medicine is moldy it should be the first and only thing you smell when you open the bag. For some reason I get similar whitish spots on my cannabis when I leave it for long periods with boveda packets sealed in my cannavault and by then the nice smell we all love is gone too.

Looks good to me but it is really hard to tell with only pictures. You can tell by smell as well, it would be off, there would be a musty undertone that to most people would put up flags. Depending on how much you got, you would probably smell it through out the bag.