Community Input -- (Not Trying To Sell You Anything)

Hi Everyone,

I hope your weekend was faaaaantastic!

We're revamping the organization of EVERGREEN, specifically how products are sorted to make it as user friendly as possible for new (and experienced) enthusiasts.

Most of the time, I get questions such as:
"I have trouble with [insert problem], and am looking for something to help with that. What do you have?"
or
"I want something to enhance [insert activity], what do you recommend?"

With that said, we went and created 6 categories based on feeling, and added the appropriate products based on their terpene profiles, user feedback, and our own experiences.

1. SLEEP & Insomnia
2. PAIN & Inflammation
3. BLISS & Euphoria
4. MOOD & Depression
5. CALM & Anxiety
6. AROUSAL & Creativity

What do you all think, is anything missing? Should anything be added? Are any of the categories redundant? Do you love it, hate it?

All feedback is appreciated, you awesome people have been great in guiding us to being the best MoMs possible- so thank you.

I'm always available via site help chat if you need anything,

Greg

EDIT: Links removed <3
Last edited by EVERGREENMedicinal on Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Community Input -- (Not Trying To Sell You Anything)

EVERGREENMedicinal wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:49 pm One suggestion I heard was to categorize strains by grade (AA, AAA, & AAAA). Is that necessary or an eye sore in the menu?
In my opinion, just keep it as open as possible. I'd rather for example see a list of items with a filter which I can adjust to see what I want and need, as opposed to a ton of pre-canned categories. There are sites for example where you have an indica, sativa and hybrid category, but no way of seeing a full list of all flowers. That bugs me to no end for whatever reason.

As for AA vs other, this is probably even more important than indica vs sativa for me. I don't buy budget strains so I want to be able to filter for top shelf products.

The whole effect categorization isn't a plus for me, but I don't mind it. Whenever ordering, I'll look up the comments on the site itself and on leafly and usually all I need to go will be on leafly anyway in terms of effects.

xsinx wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:00 pm
EVERGREENMedicinal wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:49 pm One suggestion I heard was to categorize strains by grade (AA, AAA, & AAAA). Is that necessary or an eye sore in the menu?
In my opinion, just keep it as open as possible. I'd rather for example see a list of items with a filter which I can adjust to see what I want and need, as opposed to a ton of pre-canned categories. There are sites for example where you have an indica, sativa and hybrid category, but no way of seeing a full list of all flowers. That bugs me to no end for whatever reason.

As for AA vs other, this is probably even more important than indica vs sativa for me. I don't buy budget strains so I want to be able to filter for top shelf products.

The whole effect categorization isn't a plus for me, but I don't mind it. Whenever ordering, I'll look up the comments on the site itself and on leafly and usually all I need to go will be on leafly anyway in terms of effects.
Hello,

Thanks for the reply!

You make a good point when it comes to over-categorizing and it being an annoyance. Personally, I find the grade rating to be overkill, but it has to be considered since it was requested.

I think you, like myself, are a seasoned smoker where an open-ended display is ideal. However, we've had so many people new to cannabis get a bit overwhelmed at the choices. They come in with a vague understanding of indica and sativa, let alone terpene profiles, so seeing 20 strains with wacky names that all look the same can be too much at times.

As of right now, we don't have the 6 "feel" categories on the main menu from the home page to keep it simple. When someone clicks on an item, or goes on the store page, they can see the categories on the side menu.

xsinx wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:00 pm There are sites for example where you have an indica, sativa and hybrid category, but no way of seeing a full list of all flowers. That bugs me to no end for whatever reason.
Same here. When I'm trying to shop for flowers I want to see everything. I'm shopping by purported effects. Sativa/Indica is misleading as it's more botanically relevant than chemically and practically everything on the market is a hybrid anyway. I need the option to see all flowers instead of hopping menus. A short blurb from the vendor or merchant on top of the generic description is far more useful.

I like the idea of having filters for grade, taste/smell, effects, etc. to narrow down choices especially on a larger menu. I think that's a better solution than the confusion those 6 categories. There is too much overlap; I can't tell what the difference is supposed to be 'bliss and euphoria' and 'mood and depression' but if I selected it from a filter the overlap in results would seem more organic.

grimfukis wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:16 pm
xsinx wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:00 pm There are sites for example where you have an indica, sativa and hybrid category, but no way of seeing a full list of all flowers. That bugs me to no end for whatever reason.
Same here. When I'm trying to shop for flowers I want to see everything. I'm shopping by purported effects. Sativa/Indica is misleading as it's more botanically relevant than chemically and practically everything on the market is a hybrid anyway. I need the option to see all flowers instead of hopping menus. A short blurb from the vendor or merchant on top of the generic description is far more useful.

I like the idea of having filters for grade, taste/smell, effects, etc. to narrow down choices especially on a larger menu. I think that's a better solution than the confusion those 6 categories. There is too much overlap; I can't tell what the difference is supposed to be 'bliss and euphoria' and 'mood and depression' but if I selected it from a filter the overlap in results would seem more organic.
So, for example, with our menu:

FLOWER
- Sativa
- Indica
- Hybrid

On EGM (or other sites), do you ever click on "flower", or does it seem like the menu is indicating to only click on sativa, indica, or hybrid? "Flower" is how you would view all, but if that isn't obvious then it is a flaw in design.
Would having it like this make more sense:

FLOWER
- All
- Sativa
- Indica
- Hybrid

Also, we are hoping to start testing in the very near future.

Appreciate all the input, guys.

Looks good, having "All" is definitely better design even if it's redundant.

Let me hammer this though, the grade is super important for me. Like I said I only buy top shelf products so seeing a 50 strain menu without a way to filter out the budget strains is a big PITA. Look at Kootenay's site for example, I think how they did it is good. They have another menu near the end with other prebuilt filters for Cannabis cup winners and other stuff, something like that would be perfect for chosing effects / indica vs sativa, etc.