Re: What's the difference between sativa and indica edibles

It's marketing. Even with the actual plants themselves the differences are very little by now due to marketing, crossbreeding, etc. Since by and large edibles these days are made with just THC or CBD extract, there's 0 difference in those cases, since the only reasonable difference is the terpene content. You'd have to guarantee that a strain that isn't contaminated by crossbreeding was combined with butter or oil to make the edibles, and since so much of the plant is lost in the process, I still can't imagine it will have much of an impact on the effect compared to actually consuming just the plant.
Use my GanjaWest referral and I'll pet my cat in your honor.
(Cat petted chain modifier x4)

I tend to agree that, in most cases, the difference between Sativa and Indica edibles is largely due to marketing. However, there are a few key differences that should be noted that I found out on https://online-dispensary.co/weed-marij ... ash-online. First, as you mentioned, the terpene content can differ between the two strains. This can impact the flavor and smell of the edibles, as well as the effects. Second, the cannabinoid content can also be quite different. Indica strains have higher levels of CBD, while Sativa strains have higher levels of THC. This can impact the effects of the edibles, as well. Finally, the ratio of THC to CBD can also differ between the two strains. This can impact the psychoactive effects of the edibles. In general, Sativa edibles tend to be more energizing and uplifting. In contrast, Indian edibles tend to be more relaxing and sedating.

VioletRuiz wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:56 am I tend to agree that, in most cases, the difference between Sativa and Indica edibles is largely due to marketing. However, there are a few key differences that should be noted that I found out on https://online-dispensary.co/weed-marij ... ash-online. First, as you mentioned, the terpene content can differ between the two strains. This can impact the flavor and smell of the edibles, as well as the effects. Second, the cannabinoid content can also be quite different. Indica strains have higher levels of CBD, while Sativa strains have higher levels of THC. This can impact the effects of the edibles, as well. Finally, the ratio of THC to CBD can also differ between the two strains. This can impact the psychoactive effects of the edibles. In general, Sativa edibles tend to be more energizing and uplifting. In contrast, Indian edibles tend to be more relaxing and sedating.
disagree, the difference between indica and sativa is misleading on most strains
Also smoking is different than eating your liver processes it different than hitting the bloodstream, so there is virtually no difference bewteen sativa and indica on eating it just try it yourself instead of theory.
You dont smell your food then eat it to get therapuetics, even if you did the terps are locked in you arent really inhaling a solid, and again is eaten and not released, such as eating a natural flavored orange candy isnt the same as orange oil essential therapy.