Did i get scammed by Canna Wholesalers?

Hey guys happy to finally be a part of this community after lurking for a while. I recently made my first ever purchase through a mom and
Im slowly beggining to worry. Shortly after making my order this forum deleted all post related to this mom as well as placed it on the black list, why is that? All ive seen about these guys are positive review after positive review so i figured id jump on the bandwagon since they offered such a nice first time deal.

Should i just lose hope of my pakage ever arriving? Really makes me wonder who i can trust and where to get actual reliable information. :(

Re: Did i get scammed by Canna Wholesalers?

The reason you are seeing lots of positive reviews is in part because they offer a 40$ coupon to anyone posting a positive review. A lot of members here and on the Discord got moldy weed from them (not just one strain, several of them). Others got good stuff, it really seems to be hit and miss. That said the sheer amount of moldy packages that were received prompted us to blacklist them, it's just bad business.

I would not be worried about getting the package, everyone got their stuff so far... It's just the quality is all over the place. I strongly advise looking up the weed very carefully before smoking it.. If it looks clean then it's up to you whether you want to smoke it or not. There are serious health risks to smoking mold, so it's a gamble.

xsinx wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:15 pm The reason you are seeing lots of positive reviews is in part because they offer a 40$ coupon to anyone posting a positive review. A lot of members here and on the Discord got moldy weed from them (not just one strain, several of them). Others got good stuff, it really seems to be hit and miss. That said the sheer amount of moldy packages that were received prompted us to blacklist them, it's just bad business.

I would not be worried about getting the package, everyone got their stuff so far... It's just the quality is all over the place. I strongly advise looking up the weed very carefully before smoking it.. If it looks clean then it's up to you whether you want to smoke it or not. There are serious health risks to smoking mold, so it's a gamble.
All I got was really nice bud for the price. No mold. No dry weed, Lots of stink and taste ( except on the sugar cookie sample that is the only one with not much smell ) all in all they gave me the best deal I ever got from a mom. Been at it for about 10 years now and ordered from just about every site on the list with in the last 2 years also been toking for over 20 years so I'm no rookie. I didn't do no review for 40$ either and I don't plan on it. I'm just telling you the honest to god truth. I don't understand why all the hate on these guys? I know it's not because of a bit of mold. I've gotten mold from more than one of the sites on the trusted list and they are still treated like gold around here. So what gives?

xsinx wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:15 pm The reason you are seeing lots of positive reviews is in part because they offer a 40$ coupon to anyone posting a positive review. A lot of members here and on the Discord got moldy weed from them (not just one strain, several of them). Others got good stuff, it really seems to be hit and miss. That said the sheer amount of moldy packages that were received prompted us to blacklist them, it's just bad business.

Thanks for the reply, im new to this and was starting to get a bit paranoid when I had seen it in the blacklist last night. Il be sure to check for mold!

I had only seen one or two claims on this forum of mold and had read all the latest threads, Is there a better way of obtaining info so i could avoid situations like this in the future? Also, I imagine the reason all the reviews being taken down is because of the biased reviews for the coupon?

Butch8081 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:30 pm

All I got was really nice bud for the price. No mold. No dry weed, Lots of stink and taste ( except on the sugar cookie sample that is the only one with not much smell ) all in all they gave me the best deal I ever got from a mom. Been at it for about 10 years now and ordered from just about every site on the list with in the last 2 years also been toking for over 20 years so I'm no rookie. I didn't do no review for 40$ either and I don't plan on it. I'm just telling you the honest to god truth. I don't understand why all the hate on these guys? I know it's not because of a bit of mold. I've gotten mold from more than one of the sites on the trusted list and they are still treated like gold around here. So what gives?
That's great to hear, hearing that brings me hope haha. Il share my experience whenever it comes in.

Thanks for sharing your experience with them.

The Chronic Toker wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:51 pmThanks for the reply, im new to this and was starting to get a bit paranoid when I had seen it in the blacklist last night. Il be sure to check for mold!

I had only seen one or two claims on this forum of mold and had read all the latest threads, Is there a better way of obtaining info so i could avoid situations like this in the future? Also, I imagine the reason all the reviews being taken down is because of the biased reviews for the coupon?
There is a Discord we use and a lot of the moldy weed was posted there. Some of it was on MOMPics too, but a lot of people don't read comments so they might have missed it. There have been at least 5 cases of clear mold issues, perhaps more.

Now if you don't want to get ripped, the best way is to find multiple reviews. The MOM list has it's limits, it's not that hard to get on it so it's definitely not an ultimate seal of approval and we've seen MOMs go bad and get removed from there.

This MOM here Cannawholesalers popped up 10 days ago or so, nobody had ever heard of them. The first guy that got an order got something good apparently and then a bunch of guys blindly followed without waiting for further reviews. Over the course of last week, a lot of people got shit packages. Some got descent packages too, I'm not saying 100% of it was bad. What I personally got was dry and tasteless, no mold issues, just AA/AAA- weed at best, most of it listed as AAAA/AAA on their site.

WestCoastCannabis wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:17 pm They deserved to get banned for that, are they doing anything for the customers that got moldy stuff?
I know at least one guy got a 300$ coupon after he got mold but I don't know if anyone else complained... Most peeps got their stuff for next to nothing so maybe a lot didn't bother. I personally didn't bother, 15$ of dry weed ain't worth fussing over and I'm not trusting their product enough to bother.

WestCoastCannabis wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:17 pm They deserved to get banned for that, are they doing anything for the customers that got moldy stuff?
The one I seen that I know talked to them about it said they gave him 300 credit to replace it when he only spent half that or so in the first place. The guy seemed pretty happy . I got no complaints at all it was truly an amazing deal they gave me. As far as moldy bud well I didn't get any from them. I've had moldy bud from a few of the most popular moms on here though but I understand it happens. It's a plant and that's how nature works. A bit of moldy bud just means you know its not covered in fungicide and god knows what else. How the mom makes it up to you is whats important. I hope to see these back on here as I don't think they are out to scam or hurt anyone. Mold happens when dealing with large amounts of bud no mom can be expected to break every bud open and check. People would complain about busted open buds then I'm sure lol.
Last edited by Butch8081 on Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

xsinx wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:32 pm
I know at least one guy got a 300$ coupon after he got mold but I don't know if anyone else complained... Most peeps got their stuff for next to nothing so maybe a lot didn't bother. I personally didn't bother, 15$ of dry weed ain't worth fussing over and I'm not trusting their product enough to bother.
beat me too it on the 300 guy eh haha

I really wish all the mold weed that popped on the Discord would be posted here but a lot of the Discord guys aren't posting much if at all here. From a forum only POV I would probably be giving them the benefit of the doubt as well. Captncrunch asked for proof before banning them I assume he has some pictures. A post with all the shit pics would go a long way to explain the situation.

xsinx wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:15 pm I really wish all the mold weed that popped on the Discord would be posted here but a lot of the Discord guys aren't posting much if at all here. From a forum only POV I would probably be giving them the benefit of the doubt as well. Captncrunch asked for proof before banning them I assume he has some pictures. A post with all the shit pics would go a long way to explain the situation.
A post like that would be a great idea. My pakage should be here by Wednesday so we'll see. I have my eye on Kootenay Craft and Cheapweed for my next order. kootenay has a great first time coupon and cheapweed from what I have seen seems to be one of the most (if not the most) reliable M.O.M. out there Would you have any
other recommendations for high quality bud at a good price?

xsinx wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:15 pm I really wish all the mold weed that popped on the Discord would be posted here but a lot of the Discord guys aren't posting much if at all here. From a forum only POV I would probably be giving them the benefit of the doubt as well. Captncrunch asked for proof before banning them I assume he has some pictures. A post with all the shit pics would go a long way to explain the situation.
That would be great as I find it hard to believe because I got 4 different ounces and 4 samples that are all just wonderful. The sugar cookie like you said is lacking in smell though but otherwise its fine. I just sent them an email asking for thier side of it so I can report back with what they say later if anyone is intrested?

The Chronic Toker wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:31 pm
A post like that would be a great idea. My pakage should be here by Wednesday so we'll see. I have my eye on Kootenay Craft and Cheapweed for my next order. kootenay has a great first time coupon and cheapweed from what I have seen seems to be one of the most (if not the most) reliable M.O.M. out there Would you have any
Walter White from grasslife.ca is quite good. Listed at $110 plus shipping but you get a 20% off first order discount. Basically it saves you the shipping. Totals $107.40 after discount. I see other sites selling the same strain for $185 and $195.

Only problem is it's sold out right now. They usually get it back in pretty fast though.

Butch8081 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:43 pm
That would be great as I find it hard to believe because I got 4 different ounces and 4 samples that are all just wonderful. The sugar cookie like you said is lacking in smell though but otherwise its fine. I just sent them an email asking for thier side of it so I can report back with what they say later if anyone is intrested?
I'm definitely interested in hearing what they have to say!

urnapple wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:45 pm
Walter White from grasslife.ca is quite good. Listed at $110 plus shipping but you get a 20% off first order discount. Basically it saves you the shipping. Totals $107.40 after discount. I see other sites selling the same strain for $185 and $195.

Only problem is it's sold out right now. They usually get it back in pretty fast though.
Thanks for the recommendation il check it out.

The Chronic Toker wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:49 pm
urnapple wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:45 pm

Thanks for the recommendation il check it out.
I'll let you know what they say.

And as for grasslife. They sent me moldy bud first time I ordered. They then sent me a moldy replacement for it. I don't mean just a bud or 2 rotting I mean open the bag and reek of mold is all you smell kind of mold. They ened up giving me a full refund but that was enough for me to stay away from them. The darkside rosin and dream budder was pretty good though.
Last edited by Butch8081 on Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You won't get scammed but they've sent out questionable product to some and strains like Death Bubba, Rockstar and Lamb's Bread were shown to have concentrations of visible mold.

Alternative options worth considering: Cheapweed with a 5% code: [edited] and HSPharms with their 20% code: [edited]

Hey, so after i made my review, even though its gone now. I ended up finding moldy buds in my qp of green crack. I first noticed it when i dug in and found the biggest bud I could and cracked it open. Instantly smelt mildew like, so i looked inside and low and behold mold. I went through more of the bag and most of the larger buds had some mold on the inside. I have pics but am computer illiterate and dont know how to post them on here. Cannawholesalers have dealt with the situation well and have sent a replacement pack. Hopefully it turns out to be mold free.
I have had moldy pot from other mom's as well and they have all dealt with it great. The thing that worries me is the amount of moldy pot that is out there and how many people are smoking it without knowing or choosing to smoke nasty shit.
Does the process of making shatter/rosin ect kill off or filter out the mold? Because i would imagine a big mono crop of moldy buds is still going to get processed.

Use imgur.com to post the pictures, it's pretty simple. You can post them on reddit as well if you have an account there, /r/mompics

The problem with mold in general isn't the mold itself, it's the fact it's a living organism that rejects/produces "shit" just like most living things, some of it can be extremely dangerous. Creating shatter, rosin or whatever other extracts will definitely have some of the chemicals/contaminants in it and it will most of the time taint the taste.

Should i throw out my oz from Canna Wholesalers?
i have been mostly a hash smoker but recently been trying MOM flowers. I know what "mold" looks like but i am not familiar with bud rot. I got an oz of purple urkle from Canna. Looked ok -----no mold on the outside, smelt ok ,a bit springy to the touch ,but after reading that there were lots of mold orders reported i decided to crack a bud in half.
The inner stem is a greyish color and the area around the stem is also greyish out to about 70% of the bud and then it is green and sticky. I just moved and i have to find my camera to upload pictures, but it doesnt look healthy.Almost all the buds in the oz the same.
Is the centre structure of a bud supposed to be green? Because now i have to check anything i purchase from a MOM.
I also hope this alerts anyone who may not have checked yet. A very deceptive problem to run into. Thanks in advance for any help.

My Oz of Green Goblin was excellent, lots of smell and tons of thc all over it. it was originally $100/ oz so i wasn't expecting the world but i would say the only thing that could have been better was the trim, however for a sativa a looser bud structure isn't un-common. even if i had paid the $100 i would have been very happy, however with coupons it was $15, so i'm ecstatic. I will likely be buying again.

rockyracer wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:52 am Should i throw out my oz from Canna Wholesalers?
i have been mostly a hash smoker but recently been trying MOM flowers. I know what "mold" looks like but i am not familiar with bud rot. I got an oz of purple urkle from Canna. Looked ok -----no mold on the outside, smelt ok ,a bit springy to the touch ,but after reading that there were lots of mold orders reported i decided to crack a bud in half.
The inner stem is a greyish color and the area around the stem is also greyish out to about 70% of the bud and then it is green and sticky. I just moved and i have to find my camera to upload pictures, but it doesnt look healthy.Almost all the buds in the oz the same.
Is the centre structure of a bud supposed to be green? Because now i have to check anything i purchase from a MOM.
I also hope this alerts anyone who may not have checked yet. A very deceptive problem to run into. Thanks in advance for any help.
Bud rot turns the inside of the bud brownish sometimes even almost black and it will be mushy if its still damp. Grey doesn't sound normal, could be mold. How does the inside of the buds smell?

ODoyleRules wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:10 am My Oz of Green Goblin was excellent, lots of smell and tons of thc all over it. it was originally $100/ oz so i wasn't expecting the world but i would say the only thing that could have been better was the trim, however for a sativa a looser bud structure isn't un-common. even if i had paid the $100 i would have been very happy, however with coupons it was $15, so i'm ecstatic. I will likely be buying again.
Ya all 4 of my ounces are just wonderful! And so are the samples they tossed in. All in All I got 8 strains and all of them are just great no mold, no bud rot, no powder mildew, lots of smell and taste and cured just right . The sugar cookie sample does lack in smell a bit but that's the only one.

thanks for replying inside smells ok ,good dryness, stem snaps not crumble. i did find 2 so far with some obvious dark brown rot but the rest are the same grey , possibly mildew ------ my camera is not good for closeup so i will borrow 1 from a friend and upload. buds go from nice green outside to the grey inside. i dont have enough experience to judge this one.

budmail and herbal dispatch are the most consistent MOMs, probably. cheapweed and kootenay have been solid so far, but they are a bit new.

G00N404 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:13 pm
budmail and herbal dispatch are the most consistent MOMs, probably. cheapweed and kootenay have been solid so far, but they are a bit new.
I saw some suspected mold in a kootenay order on reddit just yesterday I think

darkkingphoenix wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:09 am Welp i guess its good i tried the shatter lol, shouldnt have to worry about mold! Package should have been delivered today, went MIA from tracking since Friday morning tho.
Unfortunately that's not the case. Shatter will have mold particles concentrated inside each dab.

Seeing as how much contaminated product they had on hand, it's hard to imagine they used clean bud for their shatter runs. There's no way to know what's inside without a lab test.
Last edited by bblzd on Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

rockyracer wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:32 am thanks for replying inside smells ok ,good dryness, stem snaps not crumble. i did find 2 so far with some obvious dark brown rot but the rest are the same grey , possibly mildew ------ my camera is not good for closeup so i will borrow 1 from a friend and upload. buds go from nice green outside to the grey inside. i dont have enough experience to judge this one.
that's concerning, i'm just hoping it's a decent smoke and not a health hazard. Worst case scenario i'm dry for the week .

G00N404 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:13 pm
Thanks for the info, I was under the impression kootenay and cheapweed were around for a long time. Regardless though they seem reliable although, I read a review of a guy not getting his half and after contacting them they sent a quarter of another strain.

I received my package today, an oz of sour kush + four sample bags, green crack, sugar cookie, king louis and purple dream, this was actually coated in trichs and looked very nice...
The first thing I did was check for mold, and found two buds that were moldy. I wont have my camera until Thursday, I'll upload pics then.
Upon first look at the oz, I was somewhat impressed by the appearance, as I started looking for any signs of mold I noticed two buds stick out, they had a darker appearance than the rest. Broke them open and they were furry with mold. Somewhat pissed, but it was only $33. I will contact cannawholesalers and see how they respond, but this guy will not be ordering again.
I was going to toss it the ocean but I'm having a bonfire this weekend and the oz will be starter fuel lol.
This would be easier to forgive if it was only one strain they had that was moldy, but its pretty much every strain they have!!...more than one anyhow.

rockyracer wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:52 am Should i throw out my oz from Canna Wholesalers?
I heavily inspected like 3-4 bigger buds and couldnt find anything that looked like mold or rot. Honestly just good looking stuff especially for the price.

farmingbaked wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:21 pm Hey, so after i made my review, even though its gone now. I ended up finding moldy buds in my qp of green crack. I first noticed it when i dug in and found the biggest bud I could and cracked it open. Instantly smelt mildew like, so i looked inside and low and behold mold. I went through more of the bag and most of the larger buds had some mold on the inside. I have pics but am computer illiterate and dont know how to post them on here. Cannawholesalers have dealt with the situation well and have sent a replacement pack. Hopefully it turns out to be mold free.
I have had moldy pot from other mom's as well and they have all dealt with it great. The thing that worries me is the amount of moldy pot that is out there and how many people are smoking it without knowing or choosing to smoke nasty shit.
Does the process of making shatter/rosin ect kill off or filter out the mold? Because i would imagine a big mono crop of moldy buds is still going to get processed.
mold pic, 75% of the buds in the qp had this amount of mold. Not noticeable at all from the outside.