Canada Post Strike

For those who haven't been following along, I thought I would update the crowd on the possible strike coming as early as Monday, October 22nd.

From the official Canada Post update page:
Impact to Customers
Rotating legal strikes may be isolated to one or two specific locations at a time, affecting those areas for a period of 24 hours. In that situation, Canada Post would continue to accept, process and deliver mail and parcels in all other areas. Once the temporary disruption ends, we would return to normal operations in the affected locations.

In the event the strike does happen, Supherbs will be monitoring the progress of this strike and the locations it will affect at all times to find ways to combat the potential for error in receiving your orders in good time.

Our highest priority is our customers. We will do everything we can to make sure this effects you in the least possible way :)

http://www.supherbs.ca

Re: Canada Post Strike

Hmmm that sounds quite worrying, I would just contact post with your tracking asking about the package not mentioning whats in it, See what happend to it and if possible have it rerouted if its going somewhere wrong. I wouldn't think this would have anything to do with the strike, most likely package misplaced or something along those lines

UPDATE!

The Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) started rotating strikes after 12:01 am (local time) in and around Victoria, Edmonton, Windsor and Halifax. The rotating strikes are expected to last 24 hours. In those areas, mail and parcels will not be delivered or picked up today.

Canada Post continues to operate across Canada. We are accepting and delivering mail and parcels in all other locations.

The Supherbs team will do everything we can to make sure your orders are disrupted as little as possible during this strike period. When these strikes happen, often many will switch to other couriers expecting a faster delivery. Unfortunately, if everyone does that - those couriers become overloaded and your orders may actually take longer to receive.

We will be judging these shipments on an order by order basis to best deliver your goods.

REMEMBER: only certain locations are affected at each given time. If you are not located in these areas, your order will likely be unharmed by the effects of the strike.

We want to thank everyone in advance for having patience wth us, as well as all of the other MOMs that will be navigating this strike. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - you guys are the best!

- Team Supherbs
http://www.supherbs.ca

ImAngeloid wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:20 am I noticed that my tracking number for a package went from "Item accepted at post office" to "Could not find this item". Never had this happen before, any idea if it was siezed or (Idk why it would) if it's due to the strike?
Ive read that in some provinces rcmp and canada post are stopping weed in the mail by simply scanning the package. Fines are then issued to the sender and reciever if they find them
My overall thought is we need a good new mail service that we can use

realgrimm wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:15 pm
PuffLevel wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:11 pm
realgrimm wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:49 pm here we go..

All orders shipped out of the GTA on the 22nd or 23rd will have that. The rotating strikes only last 24 hours though, so it's only gonna be a one day delay from how long it usually takes. No big deal.

Oh nice , since this ones from BC must mean its in GTA...
I mean all it said was Canada and I was just trying to help from what info I had. Sorry bud, no idea what's going on there.

EDIT: My guess is, since it says "MAY" and not "WILL be delayed", Is it's showing that for everyone but only actually delayed in areas where the Strike is active (Which is currently the GTA). Again, just trying to help, I come with good intentions lol

Thank you for your time,
PuffLevel Team

PuffLevel wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:27 pm
realgrimm wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:15 pm
PuffLevel wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:11 pm

All orders shipped out of the GTA on the 22nd or 23rd will have that. The rotating strikes only last 24 hours though, so it's only gonna be a one day delay from how long it usually takes. No big deal.

Oh nice , since this ones from BC must mean its in GTA...
I mean all it said was Canada and I was just trying to help from what info I had. Sorry bud, no idea what's going on there.

EDIT: My guess is, since it says "MAY" and not "WILL be delayed", Is it's showing that for everyone but only actually delayed in areas where the Strike is active (Which is currently the GTA). Again, just trying to help, I come with good intentions lol

Thank you for your time,
PuffLevel Team

I get you... I was expecting the worst, it sat in Richmond for a day so am assuming it hit Mississauga(sorting) which made the parcel stagnant.. hope once it hits the local PO it doesn't drag it's ass again..

viho420 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:50 pm
ImAngeloid wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:20 am I noticed that my tracking number for a package went from "Item accepted at post office" to "Could not find this item". Never had this happen before, any idea if it was siezed or (Idk why it would) if it's due to the strike?
Ive read that in some provinces rcmp and canada post are stopping weed in the mail by simply scanning the package. Fines are then issued to the sender and reciever if they find them
Where did you read this? It doesn't sound quite right.

urnapple wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 pmWhere did you read this? It doesn't sound quite right.
I saw this too but it is to find fentanyl and they don't give a shit about weed. They are mainly targetting packages that come from outside the country. They scan packages and when they see something that looks like powder, pills or plant material they poke a tiny hole to get to the stuff with a testing rod or some shit that can detect fentanyl and opiates. If the test is positive they seize the package for further analysis.

The article I read was pre-leg though so no idea if they got new instructions... Fact is though the RCMP is in some sorting facilities checking packages.

UPDATE: Going into day 2 full strike mode in Toronto...grrr , hate my shit sitting in limbo

Canada Post wrote:Rotating strikes are under way in Toronto for a second day, as well as in Kelowna BC
Posted on Oct. 24, 2018 by Canada Post in Customer Alerts
The Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) continues their strike action in the Greater Toronto Area for a second day. The union's strike action in Toronto began at 12:01 am on Tuesday, October 23.

CUPW is also striking in Kelowna, BC and surrounding areas on Wednesday.

Mail and parcels will not be delivered or picked up in the impacted areas while the union continues their strike activity. While Canada Post is attempting to minimize the impact on customers, the union has decided to shut down a key processing hub for mail and parcels in Canada for a second day. Customers across the country should expect to see delays for parcel and mail delivery.

Canada Post continues to operate across the rest of Canada and is accepting and delivering mail and parcels in all other locations.

We remain committed to arriving at a negotiated settlement with CUPW, while making every effort to minimize the impact of any disruption on the customers we serve.

xsinx wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:06 am
urnapple wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 pmWhere did you read this? It doesn't sound quite right.
I saw this too but it is to find fentanyl and they don't give a shit about weed. They are mainly targetting packages that come from outside the country. They scan packages and when they see something that looks like powder, pills or plant material they poke a tiny hole to get to the stuff with a testing rod or some shit that can detect fentanyl and opiates. If the test is positive they seize the package for further analysis.

The article I read was pre-leg though so no idea if they got new instructions... Fact is though the RCMP is in some sorting facilities checking packages.
That makes sense, especially when it comes to fentanyl. The thing that stood out to me was fining the receiver of weed. Haven't heard of that one yet.

Taken from an article from the Calgary Journal:

What about the law?
Although selling and purchasing recreational marijuana is still illegal, other facets of the law can hinder enforcement. Police officers need to get a warrant to seize and search suspicious mail, but The Canadian Association of Police Chiefs told CBC that warrants are rarely granted, with exceptions relating to national security risks.

In 2015 the police chiefs association submitted a resolution to allow police more freedom when it comes to searching suspicious mail, but the Trudeau government did not make any changes to the Canada Post Corporation Act.

So there you have it. It's against the law for them to search your package without a warrant. Maybe they'll start following Xpresspost vans to cutomers' doors? lol from my cold dead hands!!!!!!!

hoffa83 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:27 pm Taken from an article from the Calgary Journal:

What about the law?
Although selling and purchasing recreational marijuana is still illegal, other facets of the law can hinder enforcement. Police officers need to get a warrant to seize and search suspicious mail, but The Canadian Association of Police Chiefs told CBC that warrants are rarely granted, with exceptions relating to national security risks.

In 2015 the police chiefs association submitted a resolution to allow police more freedom when it comes to searching suspicious mail, but the Trudeau government did not make any changes to the Canada Post Corporation Act.

So there you have it. It's against the law for them to search your package without a warrant. Maybe they'll start following Xpresspost vans to cutomers' doors? lol from my cold dead hands!!!!!!!
Thanks for searching that. It is as I had heard before as well: packages traveling within Canada can not be searched. However packages coming from outside the country can be searched at the border. RCMP wanted to be able to search Canadian packages too using fentanyl as the reasoning but Trudeau said no.

bblzd wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:48 pm
realgrimm wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:10 pm UPDATE: Going into day 2 full strike mode in Toronto...grrr , hate my shit sitting in limbo
Didn't expect CP to strike at the same city 2 days in a row. They're really trying to hit 'em where it hurts I guess.
yeah now its delayed at Mississauga a day then Toronto for another day delay...

viho420 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:50 pm
Where did u read that?

ETA has bumped yet again ... 10 days and counting...total BS...so glad I paid for Expresspost had an order placed and recieved mailed 2-3 days later with Purolator driver even made a joke when I asked if it required a sig ..he said "of course it's your weed"...lol.then informed me the volume of these parcels has really increased

Here we go again

Canada Post strikes hit Toronto, 11 other cities in southern Ontario

The Canada Post rotating strikes have hit the country’s largest processing centre in Toronto for a second time in three weeks as workers in 11 other southern Ontario communities walked off the job just after midnight.

The Canadian Union of Postal Workers says 4,500 Canada Post employees joined picket lines in Toronto at 7 p.m. Tuesday.

CUPW says that was before workers in Chatham, Clinton, Georgetown, Milton, Orangeville, Port Hope, Stratford, Strathroy, Tillsonburg, Wingham and Woodstock walked off the job early Wednesday.

Canada Post says in a statement that the union continues to escalate their strike activity, adding more communities each day and shutting down major processing centres for extended periods.

Toronto facilities were shut down by the union for two consecutive days in October.

Canada Post says there is no indication when that strike will end, adding it will worsen backlogs in mail or parcel deliveries across the country.

“Prior to the union’s decision to target Toronto again, the number of trailers full of parcels and packets waiting to be unloaded and processed at a Canada Post facilities sat at over 150,” Canada Post spokesman Jon Hamilton said in a statement late Tuesday.

“The escalating strikes have now shut down our three largest processing facilities in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal up to 48 hours. Combined, those three plants can process a million parcels and packets a day for communities across the country.”

The union and the postal service have been unable to reach new collective agreements for two bargaining units after 10 months of negotiations.

“After ... the intervention of two mediators and two weeks of rotating strikes, Canada Post’s true colours are emerging,” Mike Palecek, CUPW national president, said in a statement Wednesday.

“The lofty rhetoric of wanting to work with us to reach fair agreements for our workers is turning out to be nothing more than smoke and mirrors.”

CUPW has also called on a national overtime ban for both of its major bargaining units, meaning workers will not work more than an eight-hour day and no more than a 40-hour week.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/1 ... tario.html

I ordered from the Harmony Collective last Tuesday, when the package was entered in the system, it told me the 9th for delievery. That actually updated to Monday, where they said that my package was delivered but nothing was in my mailbox. I made an investigation claim, and the next day, around 2pm there was a key in my mailbox with my package being in the large compartment. I was assuming they forgot that key, but still said my item was "delievered". Nothing to do with the strike, I think... but still annoying to deal with, especially with the strike happening.

Wishing it ends soon for all of us!

Made an order Friday. Shipped Monday afternoon, checked tracking this morning, was out for delivery, checked again, tracking down - waited all day and no package AND I can't even find out where it is. This gives me so much anxiety - most people can't afford to be out $100+ and if it was delivered to someone else, I can't even do anything because I have no idea where the dang thing is. If I could just track it, I probably wouldn't be so pissed.

Jrqua wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:16 pm Made an order Friday. Shipped Monday afternoon, checked tracking this morning, was out for delivery, checked again, tracking down - waited all day and no package AND I can't even find out where it is. This gives me so much anxiety - most people can't afford to be out $100+ and if it was delivered to someone else, I can't even do anything because I have no idea where the dang thing is. If I could just track it, I probably wouldn't be so pissed.
same here orders placed on the 2nd ,3rd and 4th tracking was all over the place at first now tracking is down for CP, got over 4 grand out there in product..

realgrimm wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:29 pm
Jrqua wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:16 pm Made an order Friday. Shipped Monday afternoon, checked tracking this morning, was out for delivery, checked again, tracking down - waited all day and no package AND I can't even find out where it is. This gives me so much anxiety - most people can't afford to be out $100+ and if it was delivered to someone else, I can't even do anything because I have no idea where the dang thing is. If I could just track it, I probably wouldn't be so pissed.
same here orders placed on the 2nd ,3rd and 4th tracking was all over the place at first now tracking is down for CP, got over 4 grand out there in product..
Tracking is finally back up and my package is now scheduled to be delivered Thursday, so we'll see. It's so frustrating for so many people. And for people having to wait for medicine of any kind is shitty. I feel like Canada Post shouldn't be allowed to strike. I hope you get your packages soon! Good luck!

Jrqua wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:10 am
realgrimm wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:29 pm
Tracking is finally back up and my package is now scheduled to be delivered Thursday, so we'll see. It's so frustrating for so many people. And for people having to wait for medicine of any kind is shitty. I feel like Canada Post shouldn't be allowed to strike. I hope you get your packages soon! Good luck!
yeah half my stuff came in even though ETA is the 14th and tracking never updated to delivered or out for delivery..pleasantly surprised