Re: Is there more risk now?

MeganRose47 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:54 am Is there more risk ordering from MoMs now that weed is legalized? Just thought I would ask you guys to see your option and experiences so far
All you're doing is saving money ordering from a MoM. The laws prohibit certain couriers to check parcels. Warrants are needed which are never given. The only risk would be a customer not doing their research on the MoM they order from.

It was de facto legal before, and I never had a problem. Now? I guarantee there's 0 chance you'll see anything other than at worst, postal theft (I had it happen once, not to weed but to a birthday card). It's legal to possess without any stipulation on where you got your weed from, if they go after anyone it would be the MOMs who actually could be charged with something. I would say the risk is exactly the same due to no rules being altered in the postal system.

With the current shortages in rec, the govt would be risking bad press to crackdown on moms now. Moms also provide patients access to some cannabis products that are still only scheduled to be legalized. So there is a risk of backlash if they enforce their monopoly too ruthlessly.

We'll see where we are in a year or so. Edibles and concentrates should be available by then. The rec system will hopefully have all the kinks worked out. And production expansion at the LPs, not to mention processing the backlog of micro cultivation licenses, should help with the supply shortages and reduce costs. Meanwhile nursery licences should bring a lot of new genetics to market and LPs have the capacities to do massive phenohunts and breeding projects to find unique, exciting strains that will strengthen their brand.

See, the goal isn't so much to crackdown on moms but to make them irrelevant by converting most of their customers to the legal market.

HighFive wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:13 pm With the current shortages in rec, the govt would be risking bad press to crackdown on moms now. Moms also provide patients access to some cannabis products that are still only scheduled to be legalized. So there is a risk of backlash if they enforce their monopoly too ruthlessly.

We'll see where we are in a year or so. Edibles and concentrates should be available by then. The rec system will hopefully have all the kinks worked out. And production expansion at the LPs, not to mention processing the backlog of micro cultivation licenses, should help with the supply shortages and reduce costs. Meanwhile nursery licences should bring a lot of new genetics to market and LPs have the capacities to do massive phenohunts and breeding projects to find unique, exciting strains that will strengthen their brand.

See, the goal isn't so much to crackdown on moms but to make them irrelevant by converting most of their customers to the legal market.
Arrived, which is why I am curious to see how things play out