Re: What Cannabis forms/strains do CANMOM friends use for insomnia/sleep?

realgrimm wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:06 am I got that Death Bubba too , doesn't quite knock me out ..

Right now the Organic Black Nuken has been knocking me out, usaully have some full spectrum CBD tincture in me and sometimes I dive into my screen caught keif because I have no patience
I've seen that organic black nuken around, it looks sexy.

Takes me a few bowls of the death bubba to get the eye droop, but in combo with the tears, the old lids slam shut pretty good.

Thanks for the reply! :)

I'm a fucking freelance artist so I sleep when I'm tired and wake up when I wake up... it's an unreal treatment for insomnia that I wish all humans had access to. I determined by sleeping intuitively that my insomnia was actually a non-24 circadian rhythm. I sleep GREAT as long as I sleep when my body says it's time, which might be 7am... D:

When I do have to force myself to sleep I love Death Bubba, Bubba Kush and Purple Kush. Nothing original there, I know! Pretty much anything with 'purple' in the strain name is a good bet.

Keyll wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:47 pm I'm a fucking freelance artist so I sleep when I'm tired and wake up when I wake up... it's an unreal treatment for insomnia that I wish all humans had access to. I determined by sleeping intuitively that my insomnia was actually a non-24 circadian rhythm. I sleep GREAT as long as I sleep when my body says it's time, which might be 7am... D:

When I do have to force myself to sleep I love Death Bubba, Bubba Kush and Purple Kush. Nothing original there, I know! Pretty much anything with 'purple' in the strain name is a good bet.
Interesting. I've ALWAYS been a "night-owl," so perhaps my issues are similar to yours... I may be trying to force sleep outside of my natural rhythms.

MirkaLane wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:57 pmInteresting. I've ALWAYS been a "night-owl," so perhaps my issues are similar to yours... I may be trying to force sleep outside of my natural rhythms.
Five years I worked a 7-3 job. I just called myself a night owl, didn't know any better. I just knew that sometimes I could get sleep, and sometimes it was as bad as one hour of rest before I was back up, even if I'd been laying down. Sometimes it felt like I didn't sleep at all. Even then I tried to shuffle it into the times of the day I personally preferred to sleep, often sleeping for 3-4 hours before work, and then 3-4 hours after work. I hadn't discovered the joys of cannabis yet either... misery.

I would LOVE to get it so I'm only freelancing. I can't quite follow my natural rhythm all the way around (I got friends to hang out with between 5pm-1am because of their schedules and I love my peeps! We share so much weed! But now I only have to force myself to sleep some of the time and usually if I cannot sleep I just get up and do something. I suspect a lot of humans are unaware of a sleep disorder and consider insomnia a trap rather than a signal to change their lifestyle. The freedom is wonderful and I wish so many more people had access to the ability to sleep at their leisure, it might make for a lot less cranky humans! It especially effects teenagers and young adults mental health too, I think generally people need less sleep when they're middle-aged, but yikes, those 6am mornings were brutal when I was 18.

Keyll wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:51 pm Five years I worked a 7-3 job. I just called myself a night owl, didn't know any better. I just knew that sometimes I could get sleep, and sometimes it was as bad as one hour of rest before I was back up, even if I'd been laying down. Sometimes it felt like I didn't sleep at all. Even then I tried to shuffle it into the times of the day I personally preferred to sleep, often sleeping for 3-4 hours before work, and then 3-4 hours after work. I hadn't discovered the joys of cannabis yet either... misery.

I would LOVE to get it so I'm only freelancing. I can't quite follow my natural rhythm all the way around (I got friends to hang out with between 5pm-1am because of their schedules and I love my peeps! We share so much weed! But now I only have to force myself to sleep some of the time and usually if I cannot sleep I just get up and do something. I suspect a lot of humans are unaware of a sleep disorder and consider insomnia a trap rather than a signal to change their lifestyle. The freedom is wonderful and I wish so many more people had access to the ability to sleep at their leisure, it might make for a lot less cranky humans! It especially effects teenagers and young adults mental health too, I think generally people need less sleep when they're middle-aged, but yikes, those 6am mornings were brutal when I was 18.
I am legally disabled, so I pretty much sleep the hours that my body prefers and it is far happier and heathier than it was when I worked 9-5, or in university. I agree that more people should have the freedom to explore sleep patterns that may be more conducive to their individual biological clocks, unfortunately, we do not live in that world for the most part. :/

So I’ve suffered sleeping disorders for 15 years.. and I have personally tried at least 200+ strains just for sleep alone.

Kingtuts death bubba won’t work unless you’re a lightweight.. IMO. Death bubba is okay for sleep.. but it’s too cerebral from the sour diesel heritage for me. It can leave you feeling tired after the high is gone.. but if you want to smoke then head right to bed I’d try a strain over 80/20, indica dominate obviously. Night nurse, I believe is 80/20 and it’s a good mix of calming the mind and the good body stone that makes you tired.

Another big winner is Pink Kush. It has this way of just calming the mind that some strains just can’t do, Right now I got Kingtuts pink bubba rosin that’s my preferred midnight toke. Usually anything pink, bubba or purple is good for sleep, Just keep it above 80/20 and you’ll be good.

Vdubb wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:12 am So I’ve suffered sleeping disorders for 15 years.. and I have personally tried at least 200+ strains just for sleep alone.

Kingtuts death bubba won’t work unless you’re a lightweight.. IMO. Death bubba is okay for sleep.. but it’s too cerebral from the sour diesel heritage for me. It can leave you feeling tired after the high is gone.. but if you want to smoke then head right to bed I’d try a strain over 80/20, indica dominate obviously. Night nurse, I believe is 80/20 and it’s a good mix of calming the mind and the good body stone that makes you tired.

Another big winner is Pink Kush. It has this way of just calming the mind that some strains just can’t do, Right now I got Kingtuts pink bubba rosin that’s my preferred midnight toke. Usually anything pink, bubba or purple is good for sleep, Just keep it above 80/20 and you’ll be good.
Thats solid info, thanks for this! Love me some pink kush, but have yet to try any night nurses. :P

I’ve yet to try kingtuts black domina.. but I’ve tried the strain elsewhere. I’ll second that it’s pretty good for sleep.

It really just depends on what stops you from sleeping. For me.. I have a difficult time shutting my thoughts off.. so I prefer strains that calm my mind as well as my body.
Some people can’t sleep due to pain.. and prefer an extremely heavy pain reducing strain.

I think you have to ask yourself, why can’t I sleep? Then try and find some strains that fit your particular problem.

On a non-cannabis side note.. my sleep has GREATLY improved ever since I downloaded the app ‘headspace’. You do have to pay for it after the free trial runs out. But this app has given me back control of my mind at night and helps me fall asleep. If anyone has similar issues to mine.. maybe try the free trial to see if it’s for you.

Vdubb wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:12 am Kingtuts death bubba won’t work unless you’re a lightweight.. IMO. Death bubba is okay for sleep.. but it’s too cerebral from the sour diesel heritage for me. It can leave you feeling tired after the high is gone..

THIS!

Ive been wondering what was going on, everyone says Death Bubba is it but I dont feel like I can sleep directly after a bowl of it. Thank you for explaining the reasoning.

I'll be sure to pick up some Pink Kush, ive never really considered it a nighttime strain but I also havent tried it for sleep yet.

White Rhino from House of Cannabis. I use it for pain and insomnia. It doesn’t go to your head, at first you don’t even think it’s working until you realize the pain is melting back to a tolerable degree. Then next thing you know you wake up after 8-9 hours of solid sleep. I deal with chronic pain and have delt with insomnia lots over the years and have a pretty high tolerance.

ImAngeloid wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:44 pm
Vdubb wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:12 am Kingtuts death bubba won’t work unless you’re a lightweight.. IMO. Death bubba is okay for sleep.. but it’s too cerebral from the sour diesel heritage for me. It can leave you feeling tired after the high is gone..

THIS!

Ive been wondering what was going on, everyone says Death Bubba is it but I dont feel like I can sleep directly after a bowl of it. Thank you for explaining the reasoning.

I'll be sure to pick up some Pink Kush, ive never really considered it a nighttime strain but I also havent tried it for sleep yet.
Yeah man I can never hit death bubba and go right to bed, it leaves me too high! Lol if you try Pink Kush make sure it’s real good quality. The 150$oz Pink Kush deals aren’t ideal for sleep.

Some more good options.. Purple Urkle, purple candy. Tom Ford.. which is a mix of Pink Kush and death bubba. A good strong bubba strain is ideal as well. Just make sure it’s high quality! The flower needs to have a good amount of CBN.. that’s what makes you sleepy. Atleast that’s what I’ve read:p it’s not like I’m getting lab results from every MOM

ImAngeloid wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:44 pm

THIS!

So great news. Cannabis Extraction the e-mail based MOM, has finally re-stocked their Pink Kush. It’s top notch quality and will put you to sleep for sure! It looks like it’s covered in sugar in their pics.. I can’t wait til it comes in the mail, their last batch was very potent.

Vdubb wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:40 am So great news. Cannabis Extraction the e-mail based MOM, has finally re-stocked their Pink Kush. It’s top notch quality and will put you to sleep for sure! It looks like it’s covered in sugar in their pics.. I can’t wait til it comes in the mail, their last batch was very potent.
Pink Kush is good stuff... Haven't tried CE, they good to deal with?

MirkaLane wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:51 am Pink Kush is good stuff... Haven't tried CE, they good to deal with?
Honestly.. they got poor customer service. If you ask any questions they’ll just ignore you until you place your order. But their weed, concentrates and edibles are very potent. Great prices for AAAA weed too.. $220 oz for flower that most places charge $260+. If you’re a conisseour like me.. you have to try them at least once.