Photo I’d requirement

Hey, so what is everyone’s opinion on Id requests from mom’s? I was recently asked by a mom I use what the big deal is as they decided to add I’d requirement. They pretty much instantly started seeing business drop. So what is the big deal? These moms are breaking the law and risking every they have worked for to provide US the products we ask for. What would happen to your favourite mom if an under age person told on them? Cannabis and youth is a hot topic that no matter what your opinion is the truth is that anyone caught selling to minors will be in deep shit. The government dropped the ball and will never be at the top of the Cannabis industry and as the driving force behind the underground movement we created I think we owe it to the established moms to work with them and help them thrive so we all have better options than dirt government weed.

Re: Photo I’d requirement

It's a hard topic to deal with. On one end us clients want to keep our personal info as safe as possible, especially in the context of illegal sales, but then again the MOMs risk big as it is, if they start selling to kids the kind of trouble they can get in is tenfold. Us clients would never tell on a MOM, but trust me, if a 13 yo kid is caught with a bag of weed bought online, do you think his parents are going to let it slide? It increases the risk for the MOM by A LOT not to check ID IMHO. In fact I'll be honest, there's a couple of MOMs I dealt with that never asked for age and I'll be honest, I feel uneasy about it being a parent myself.

MOMs could instead use the government approach and ask for age ID upon delivery, but since most of them don't provide a valid return address, imagine how many packages would bounce back and be lost into the nether? This is not a viable solution for them IMHO... The government doesn't give a shit if it bounces back, but having orders lost forever for MOMs would drive the prices up for us significantly in little time.

In the end, I think the ID check is important and should remain. I'd very much like to see a system where they destroy the evidence once verified, this way the MOM has done due diligence (can still be fooled, but at least they can't be accused of being careless).

All that said, I don't really give a fuck if my ID is out there so I never really held back sending it. If I were a drug dealer buying pounds a week my opinion might be different, but I'm just a small time pot smoker, I don't give a shit :)

xsinx wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:01 pm It's a hard topic to deal with. On one end us clients want to keep our personal info as safe as possible, especially in the context of illegal sales, but then again the MOMs risk big as it is, if they start selling to kids the kind of trouble they can get in is tenfold. Us clients would never tell on a MOM, but trust me, if a 13 yo kid is caught with a bag of weed bought online, do you think his parents are going to let it slide? It increases the risk for the MOM by A LOT not to check ID IMHO. In fact I'll be honest, there's a couple of MOMs I dealt with that never asked for age and I'll be honest, I feel uneasy about it being a parent myself.

MOMs could instead use the government approach and ask for age ID upon delivery, but since most of them don't provide a valid return address, imagine how many packages would bounce back and be lost into the nether? This is not a viable solution for them IMHO... The government doesn't give a shit if it bounces back, but having orders lost forever for MOMs would drive the prices up for us significantly in little time.

In the end, I think the ID check is important and should remain. I'd very much like to see a system where they destroy the evidence once verified, this way the MOM has done due diligence (can still be fooled, but at least they can't be accused of being careless).

All that said, I don't really give a fuck if my ID is out there so I never really held back sending it. If I were a drug dealer buying pounds a week my opinion might be different, but I'm just a small time pot smoker, I don't give a shit :)
My thoughts exactly. Thank you.

cmom wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:46 pm I've always blanked everything except my age and name and I will not provide any more than that.
But... they're going to mail you a package... why black out your address?

I have no problem sending my ID to a MOM. I am only annoyed if it prevents me from placing an order during a flash sale. If an ID needs verification and I miss out on a sale because of that, well, then that's lost revenue.

Keyll wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:40 pm
cmom wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:46 pm I've always blanked everything except my age and name and I will not provide any more than that.
But... they're going to mail you a package... why black out your address?

I have no problem sending my ID to a MOM. I am only annoyed if it prevents me from placing an order during a flash sale. If an ID needs verification and I miss out on a sale because of that, well, then that's lost revenue.
I never use my home address, privacy and usually less convenient for me. So I blank it out

Fine for selling illicit cannabis - $5000
Fine for selling to a youth - $15000

"It is not a defence to a charge under subsection (1) that the accused believed that the young person referred to in that subsection was at least 18 years of age, unless the accused took reasonable steps to ascertain the individual’s age."

Simply asking for ID could save them ten grand if they're caught.

The issue with sending ID isn't that the law could come after you (unlikely) but that it could be leaked in a security breach (happens frequently). If a mom has a problem with my blacked-out ID, I'll use a different mom.