Re: Just a Reddit Rant

Complicacy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:00 am
King Tuts wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:47 pm I have never been in a position where I can't fend for myself and communicate.
It really sucks to hear, especially after they made this comment by a mod from another thread that someone posted here about them removing comments (was Auto Mod).
"MOMs are always welcome to participate within the subreddit rules, just like any other user. There have even been numerous cases of MOMs that first come with shill accounts that are caught and then still encouraged to adopt an appropriate username and continue posting without the shilling nonsense."
https://www.reddit.com/r/CanadianMOMs/c ... e/eiqn8dx/
I'm quite sure that there is something personal here. The reality is that we have had some great reviews on there. We have been taking care of their members quite well, as best as we or I can. I have made mistakes in the past but as far as I know have remedied them to a 100% satisfaction and then some. I would think they want me around, it's good for their business and credibility. This is why I think there is something fishy going on.

If this continues and they decide to keep me banned from posting, what do I do? How can I not protect the brand? Do I stoop low to actually buying shills? I know they are for sale, I have gotten enough messages from them "Free shit for a good review"

Is there a Reddit Boss that can review the work of their mods? Do they give a shit? At the end of the day, I know hard work and doing the best we and I can, will pay off but I hate to see that crap. I get these screen shots every once in a while from members showing me any sort of bad press, then I get all pissed haha.

King Tuts wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:39 am If this continues and they decide to keep me banned from posting, what do I do? How can I not protect the brand?
I know hard work and doing the best we and I can, will pay off but I hate to see that crap.
Hit the nail on the head, the ones that do it like this seem to withstand the test of time, it may not be the quickest way to get where you want to be but the ones that use those quick tactics don't seem to last long or stay in the spot light for long. Look at Budmail, they didn't do much to put themselves out there, but the satisfied customers spread the word and they've been around 10ish years now with 400k+ orders, although things are different now with it being more competitive and them not doing much to keep customers (increased already expensive prices by 14%).

Complicacy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:22 pm
King Tuts wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:22 pm If you are a Redditer as well and you have had a good experience with us or have come to the conclusion that I am not shady, would you be so kind as to maybe drop a line in this thread?
I personally don't have any experience with you but I haven't seen anything that would warrant "shady" so I'll go ahead and ask for you out of curiosity.
Edit: According to one of the comments, they believe you sold e-mails & have had mold issues (personally haven't seen this).
I stood up for ya before I saw this! LOL yeah King, man, you're not shady, they're just casting some.

It's a very sticky situation for sure. I have zero relation with the cmoms reddit bosses so there aren't any strings I can pull, but I certainly haven't seen any activity from you that would warrant such hostility. Obviously the reward program makes it so that some of your clients might enthusiastically recommend you for their own profit, but I haven't seen any evidence of you actively pushing anyone to promote you, you seem to be doing that just fine on your own and the products/prices do the rest.

At the end of the day, those communities are ran by individuals and judgement works in mysterious ways. I don't think sending an bunch of people from here to say good about you is going to help anything, heck, it might just make it worse.

They had the same kind of opinion of TWM as well.... starting to wonder if they don't just shun MOMs that are successful in our little circle on purpose?

xsinx wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:50 am It's a very sticky situation for sure. I have zero relation with the cmoms reddit bosses so there aren't any strings I can pull, but I certainly haven't seen any activity from you that would warrant such hostility. Obviously the reward program makes it so that some of your clients might enthusiastically recommend you for their own profit, but I haven't seen any evidence of you actively pushing anyone to promote you, you seem to be doing that just fine on your own and the products/prices do the rest.

At the end of the day, those communities are ran by individuals and judgement works in mysterious ways. I don't think sending an bunch of people from here to say good about you is going to help anything, heck, it might just make it worse.

They had the same kind of opinion of TWM as well.... starting to wonder if they don't just shun MOMs that are successful in our little circle on purpose?
That’s because twm ships out shit

xsinx wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:50 am At the end of the day, those communities are ran by individuals and judgement works in mysterious ways. I don't think sending an bunch of people from here to say good about you is going to help anything, heck, it might just make it worse.
Agreed, I just received a response to a comment that I'm discussing with KingTuts in another thread, now I don't know if it's some random customer or what, but having someone with their only post being in defense of a MoM's pricing doesn't exactly look good on them. A lot of the Reddit community is quick to call any new posters Shills.

I have never heard of vachon11. I'm absolutely positive that he is a happy customer only! Good for him for making his first post in defense of a MoM he has a good if not great experience with.

I do owe a bit of an apology for part of the my ban. I was not very familiar with their rules on promoting our business and I know I did do that a few times. I did have a private conversation with a member here that helped me understand some of the rules of the Reddit a bit better.

The part that is absolutely not true and I was also accused of, was having multiple accounts that I either have created or I pay to shill. The Mod did send me a couple of names that I have nothing to do with.

I'll probably send over an apology to the mod that did ban me for the rules that I did break. I will have to also remind that person that the other part was false. I don't have shills or other accounts that I use. These "shills" are legit happy members.

Interesting situation to be in. I'm partly wrong but also partly right, as is this mod in control.

I also will never stand back and not be able to defend myself from the powerful words of accusations that can create a question in my work ethics. I will control what I can, which is doing the best I can and let the chips fall where they may. With this Reddit situation, I'll probably chill out a bit and apologize for breaking the rules of promoting my brand. It would not be a tail between the legs type of scenario, I can just admit when I'm wrong.

Big drama at King Tuts haha

c mom wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:33 am They told you that you were banned for shill accounts? Can you post the message where they said that?
I'd rather not post his actual message, as I would not want that done to me. I can assure you, it was an accusation of using shill accounts and or those accounts being mine, which were not true. He did also mention actual names in the banning message.

Again, I was wrong to promote my brand but was right in that I do not have shill accounts or multiple accounts that I have created to do this shilling.

King Tuts wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:44 pm I do owe a bit of an apology for part of the my ban. I was not very familiar with their rules on promoting our business and I know I did do that a few times. I did have a private conversation with a member here that helped me understand some of the rules of the Reddit a bit better.

The part that is absolutely not true and I was also accused of, was having multiple accounts that I either have created or I pay to shill. The Mod did send me a couple of names that I have nothing to do with.

I'll probably send over an apology to the mod that did ban me for the rules that I did break. I will have to also remind that person that the other part was false. I don't have shills or other accounts that I use. These "shills" are legit happy members.
c mom wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:18 am You're full of shit then. Funny how you're back peddling all of a sudden, I guess I wasn't the only one who messaged them today.

This too
https://www.reddit.com/r/CanadianMOMs/c ... a/efz805l/
No response from King Tuts? Another similar comment tree exists also

I'm done posting on Canadian MOMs subreddit after today. Sick of the cliques and random downvotes. Gonna post here moving forward.

For what it's worth i received an invite to try King Tuts in it's infancy and I totally forgot to. I will get around to it this spring for sure.

I have posted a lot of positive reviews of kt on reddit. That said I can totally see why they are getting so much hate latley. I have gotten some of the sulfer shatter one order and if somone ordered bulk of it reasonably wouldnt be happy. Also, in this post you say people run to complain on reddit and should contact you first but I have 3 unanswered emails to you in the past. Also, in my most recent orders it took on average 3 days per email to get responses about a lost package. Which when finally resolved and I got the partial refund of 198, I still had to pay shipping on the replacement.

The smalls of flower have been amazing for the price but I find the customer service lacking. It was also stated that you were removing the points to lower prices but they are higher than ever. 99 for mixed smalls which used to be 89 when points were around.

Gethighonlife420 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:52 am I have posted a lot of positive reviews of kt on reddit. That said I can totally see why they are getting so much hate latley. I have gotten some of the sulfer shatter one order and if somone ordered bulk of it reasonably wouldnt be happy. Also, in this post you say people run to complain on reddit and should contact you first but I have 3 unanswered emails to you in the past. Also, in my most recent orders it took on average 3 days per email to get responses about a lost package. Which when finally resolved and I got the partial refund of 198, I still had to pay shipping on the replacement.

The smalls of flower have been amazing for the price but I find the customer service lacking. It was also stated that you were removing the points to lower prices but they are higher than ever. 99 for mixed smalls which used to be 89 when points were around.
I would never dream of ever ordering again from KT and tell anyone that will listen the same.Worst shatter ever and I felt ripped off, and moved on to much better MOM's.First order and I was shocked at bad the quality was.The only other MOM that I can thing of that was worse was "Sweet Mary."At least their "A" quality weed did something to me.

JimB wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:34 am
Cofoxl wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:32 am Wow what a roller coaster this was... Thanks for the entertainment everyone!
Why would you reply to a 6 month old thread?
My apologies it is a forum I understand how some are I was just appreciating the entertaining interactions....

On most Internet forums, it is frowned upon to ‘bump’, ‘resurrect’, ‘necropost’, etc., that is to post in a thread that has been idle for a reasonably long time. On many forums this is a bannable offence. And some forums implement automatic systems that lock any thread after a set period of inactivity. Instead of ‘necroposting’, if the user thinks that a particular topic discussed in an inactive thread is worthy of further attention, they are expected to start a new thread, linking to the inactive one if applicable.

What is the reason for such policy to be imposed?

To be honest, I can’t see any benefit in prohibiting ‘necroposting’. I’ve seen at least one forum that does the opposite: they like to stick to the rule of one forum thread per any possible discussion subject, and it is there a bannable offence not to ‘necropost’ and to start a new thread on a subject that has already been discussed there. I can’t help but it seems to me that this latter policy can help better to reduce mess and keep tidiness.

IMO its time for MOMs to get off the reddit high where they get 99.9% of their business from there. Reddit users can be entitled and over opinionated. id like to see MOMs reach out into Youtube channels with commercials and tours n shit. Having a phone number to contact MOMs directly. maybe even a text service? no one really thinks outside the box much when it comes to MOMS.

Cofoxl wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:11 pm
JimB wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:34 am
Cofoxl wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:32 am Wow what a roller coaster this was... Thanks for the entertainment everyone!
Why would you reply to a 6 month old thread?
My apologies it is a forum I understand how some are I was just appreciating the entertaining interactions....

On most Internet forums, it is frowned upon to ‘bump’, ‘resurrect’, ‘necropost’, etc., that is to post in a thread that has been idle for a reasonably long time. On many forums this is a bannable offence. And some forums implement automatic systems that lock any thread after a set period of inactivity. Instead of ‘necroposting’, if the user thinks that a particular topic discussed in an inactive thread is worthy of further attention, they are expected to start a new thread, linking to the inactive one if applicable.

What is the reason for such policy to be imposed?

To be honest, I can’t see any benefit in prohibiting ‘necroposting’. I’ve seen at least one forum that does the opposite: they like to stick to the rule of one forum thread per any possible discussion subject, and it is there a bannable offence not to ‘necropost’ and to start a new thread on a subject that has already been discussed there. I can’t help but it seems to me that this latter policy can help better to reduce mess and keep tidiness.
i didnt read this thread to the end and also didnt read or care about when it was posted.

Quite the bump in this old thread. Timing is a bit odd as well, as I just finished up a long convo with one of the mods on Reddit.

I'd like to answer or speak on behalf of a few comments and or questions.

The Points System. For those of you that have to keep on assuming that I have eliminated this system for greed purposes, you have to take a look and keep an eye out for the future. What have you seen so far that has been different since the pint system has been eliminated?

1. New members now receive a 15% off their first order, instead of 10%. I understand that doesn't help present members but it does allow us to offer a discount with the cash saved.
2. Ounce Deals. Have you checked that out yet? If not, it's here: https://www.kingtuts.ca/product-categor ... ls-flower/ You will see that the ounce deals are at an approximate 15% discount from the regular ounce price. WE DID NOT MARK PRODUCT UP TO MARK THEM DOWN. We price our products based on our cost. How can you not see the savings here because of the saving, less the KT Coins.
3. Mix It Up. This is a big one for us. The points system would not work with the Mix it Up. If we had the Mix It Up during the point system, for some reason the orders would not issue the KT Coins for that order. The software for each simply did not work together. The Mix It Up is shown here: https://www.kingtuts.ca/product-categor ... mix-it-up/ We will start with Flower then move onto Shatter and Hash, as we are able to offer enough of a variety.
4. Future Purchases/Online Sales. As we get in new orders, we will now be able to offer them at a lower price, offer in the ounce deals and or offer in the Mix It Up.

If you are still in the belief that we got rid of the KT Coins for any other reason than we simply had WAY too many issues with it, you are incorrect. I invented that system. I invented that system and the math for it. It was one of a kind, to have the Coins worth more as total coins were earned. The value went up as your interaction with us went up, not only purchases. It was 1 of a kind and I was very proud of it. It just had so many issues that it was driving us crazy with the amount of labor, fixes, adjustments etc.... It was the last resort to get rd of it.

SHATTER.

Yeah, the fucking Shatter. We have moved away from the supplier that we had. We did have too many issues and believe me,
that also cost us quite a bit of money in replacements or coupon codes. It was brutal. So, moving forward we have a new supplier (Darth Vader and Sunset Sherbet) to start off with UNTIL we have the full control of the process from start to finish, which is just around the corner.

That goes for the Hash as well. FULL CONTROL from start to finish on the products in "THE HASH MARKET".

What else we have? SOmeone mentioned that they ave not gotten a response back to emails within a fair amount of time. My email is [email protected] In our contact us menu, please make sure to contact the correct department. If an email comes to me or the wrong dept. it then gets forwarded to the correct one, which could take a bit of time to respond to. IF you do not feel that you have gotten a response within a fair amount of time, please email that to me and mention that. I will do my best to help out and get you a response.

We're making a few necessary changes. We were quite a hot topic here and on Reddit. We will get back there, that is a 100% guarantee. Right now, everything we have on the site is great! Look for the inventory to beefed-up VERY soon with more great products, especially the ones that we have full control over.

I can't think of any other questions or concerns at the moment but f there are any, please mention them here and I'll respond as fast as I can.

KT

King Tuts wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:56 pm I have my people keeping an eye on Reddit, doing my best to keep everyone happy as best as I can. Learning and listening as we go. Love seeing good to great reviews on our products and service. It frigg'n kills me to see a few of their members just let loose and talk shit about us. Bait and switch, worst MoM, Don't trust them... These very few people haven't even placed an order with us. They jump on and reply to our good reviews and talk shit.

I am not able to simply ask these very few people what their order number was. What the problem with their product was. How did customer service not take care of you, once you brought this problem to their attention. I can't do any of these things.

The problem is, I feel these weasels, have a loud voice, they are very vocal and post a lot. I call them weasels because it is absolutely impossible for any of our customers to come away feeling like that, if they did communicate with me.

I always encourage people in life to speak up and say what they feel BUT I think these few have an ulterior motive.

So how do I combat this? For every 10 good reviews and 1 bad one, I fear the bad one is remembered, regardless if it's true or not.

How many of you do reviews on Reddit? I'm not a fan of sending out samples to simply get a review but I have no idea how to represent the company honestly on there. It's obviously a huge opportunity to earn new customers, how do I market on that bloody Reddit?

If any of you have any ideas, I'm all ears and eyes. Please send me a private message.
I agree to an extent, but we have to understand Reddit is clearly run by a few MOMs and so are most of the places to chat. I have mentioned reviews of NUMEROUS moms on r/CanaduabMOM to get banned. I follow the requests and rules and still get banned even mentioning the NAME of a few established moms. It's garbage, but it;s also a communoity owned by people. I also understand that most of the guys gettting pumped alot on there are very active in SEO and ranking their sites first, they clearly have a team of marketing guys monitoring the conversation, deleting as needed and shaping the opinion. Which is fine. But people need to be open to this. On the other hand, people are negative, 7/10 with a bad experiece will review it, and vocalize it. Which is fair, but then the negativity should be spread across the board. People shilling with "oh they didn't have my product they knew it) and shit like that are just overlooking the vast duties of a MOM and how hard inventory control would be. You need to filter out the good from shitty reviews, but also note there are a lot of shills with valid feedback on these services as well.

But honestly, it takes about a grand to take a business off the internet that is Canada based. Super easy to start rumors. super easy to make fake accounts and reviews, and overall super easy to influence peoples opinions with garbage.

CanOHkush, I disagree with your assertion that /r/canadianmoms is doing as bad as you say. I think the biggest issue is the fact Reddit as a whole bans any forms of weed related promotion, so the admins there are really waking a very tight rope. MOMs that show up there expecting to make sales really hit a wall very fast because website links, product offers and even mention of price are all things that can lead to the subreddit getting permanently shut down. This forum used to be a sub for instance and we were reported and permanently banned.

With that in mind, some MOMs like KT show up there and push the boundaries. They created alts to get around the rules/bans and they ended up pissing off the admins there, which is totally understandable. I'm mentioning KT but this goes for a lot of other MOMs.

Also take note /r/canadianmoms has no link to this forum, despite very similar names these are two different entities. The MOMlist is ours, not theirs, so the presence of a MOM on that list holds zero value to them. I think they have their own list, which also does not apply here.

I really don't get the feeling the admins on there are biased. They definitely are pissed at some MOMs who have repeatedly broken rules that threaten the very existence of the sub, so their cold disposition va certain MOMs is totally warranted.

xsinx wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:32 pm CanOHkush, I disagree with your assertion that /r/canadianmoms is doing as bad as you say. I think the biggest issue is the fact Reddit as a whole bans any forms of weed related promotion, so the admins there are really waking a very tight rope. MOMs that show up there expecting to make sales really hit a wall very fast because website links, product offers and even mention of price are all things that can lead to the subreddit getting permanently shut down. This forum used to be a sub for instance and we were reported and permanently banned.

With that in mind, some MOMs like KT show up there and push the boundaries. They created alts to get around the rules/bans and they ended up pissing off the admins there, which is totally understandable. I'm mentioning KT but this goes for a lot of other MOMs.

Also take note /r/canadianmoms has no link to this forum, despite very similar names these are two different entities. The MOMlist is ours, not theirs, so the presence of a MOM on that list holds zero value to them. I think they have their own list, which also does not apply here.

I really don't get the feeling the admins on there are biased. They definitely are pissed at some MOMs who have repeatedly broken rules that threaten the very existence of the sub, so their cold disposition va certain MOMs is totally warranted.
Co-signed, all accurate + hope lots of ppl take this information in since my explanation would be 8x lazier lol
Medical marijuana advocates & connoisseurs. Honest, experienced reviews and photo essays of quality Canadian cannabis at 416strains.ca <3

Reddit

Shmeddit

When I have some time and want to jump back on there, I will. Me and rules don't get along so well.

GREEN FRIDAY SALE coming soon! Keep an eye out for the email blast and website info on that!

X, tell your mod friend at Reddit I say hello and hope to see him online soon!

KT

xsinx wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:18 pm
King Tuts wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:37 pmX, tell your mod friend at Reddit I say hello and hope to see him online soon!
I got no friends there lol, talked to that one mod (not even sure he runs the show) a few times but that's as far as it goes, lol.
Oh well. Right now its

Reddit Mod - 2
KT - 0

Not sure how I'll even the score but I'll give it a go lol.

I'm hoping it's by our name plastered over that place (but positive this time again) once our Shatter is in full swing. So far, it's just been Trim Run. Shatter for us being a delicate situation (as I'm sure many know here haha), I actually emailed every member that purchased it and asked them what they thought. So far I got about 30% or so replies back and all were excellent!

Next week, bud runs :)

I made the decision to come stronger a couple of months ago. We're just about ready to do that.

Shatter sales took a dip, no doubt. I'll bet they take flight again here pretty fast!

I'm banned on Reddit. I Deleted my Discord chat. Head down and doing the dirty work.

KT

Oh yeah, tomorrow GREENDAY for 15% off :) Maybe give our trim run ago? The price will be right, that's for sure! If any of you have any questions on how it's made, what's in it or the type of filters used, just ask me via email. I know everything from start to finish now, just the way I like it.

King Tuts wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:46 pmOh well. Right now its

Reddit Mod - 2
KT - 0

Not sure how I'll even the score but I'll give it a go lol.

I'm hoping it's by our name plastered over that place (but positive this time again) once our Shatter is in full swing. So far, it's just been Trim Run. Shatter for us being a delicate situation (as I'm sure many know here haha), I actually emailed every member that purchased it and asked them what they thought. So far I got about 30% or so replies back and all were excellent!
I don't think the quality of your shatter has anything to do with why that mod is on your ass so getting the quality up won't change much of that. Only way I see anything changing would be a true heartfelt apology to them but more importantly following the rules completely, no alts, no shills, no bullshit. Even then, he'd be in his rights to tell you to fuck off based on what you've done to get around him the first time.

King Tuts wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:45 pm What have you seen so far that has been different since the pint system has been eliminated?
Hm, how about the affiliate system that was removed but not properly deactivated, so I kept getting 0 dollar commission emails. It was never acknowledged it was being removed, that you guys never even bothered to send a nice "thanks for helping us out while we were starting we no longer need this system to promote ourselves best wishes to you all in the future" card? I'd never have complained if that happened.

Can't say I feel too inclined to go defend you on Reddit anymore after that. You'll live with the mods of Reddit disliking you for their totally valid reasons. You don't need to even the score, there is no score, just go keep selling weed, the way you plan to do it.
Use my GanjaWest referral and I'll pet my cat in your honor.
(Cat petted chain modifier x4)

I don't think the Shatter had anything to do with the actions of the mod at all. To be honest, it was a bunch of public replies to unhappy customers about that issue on the Shatter. I apologized publicly on their post and left my email to get at me if they or anyone else has an issue. I was not allowed to leave my email on a public post. I felt I needed to, as their post was public and I wanted to make sure that my reply was also public. That was a no no and I understand but disagree on that Reddit rule. I was not trying to solicit any business like I did before and got in trouble for it. My public posts had everything to do with me getting banned. Again, I probably should not be in a public area where I can not say and or reply the way I want. I still check it out and see the boards LITTERED with soliciting lol. They have favorites, which is ok :)

Keyll, I agree with you and apologize. I really wish that the Affiliate program and Coins system would have worked with our software and what we were trying to accomplish. You should have gotten a better thank you then but for what it's worth, thank you now.

I also do think that we have done our best to not keep any amounts of money that have been saved from the Coins or Affiliate and have made sure to have much more aggressive pricing on the site. You will see that continue AND I can throw around Promo Codes more often as well!

xsinx wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:32 pm CanOHkush, I disagree with your assertion that /r/canadianmoms is doing as bad as you say. I think the biggest issue is the fact Reddit as a whole bans any forms of weed related promotion, so the admins there are really waking a very tight rope. MOMs that show up there expecting to make sales really hit a wall very fast because website links, product offers and even mention of price are all things that can lead to the subreddit getting permanently shut down. This forum used to be a sub for instance and we were reported and permanently banned.

How do you disagree? It is fact. I represent a handful of MOMS. And they are all trusted. They all have a great reputation. They are all real. If you mention ANY of them, instant ban. Following all the rules, not spamming, literally mentioning their brand, boom, you get banned. Every single time. This is 100% accurate, and I am not the only one saying it, there is just a really good job of people cleaning up the conversation. You can agree or not, its fact.

416Strains.ca wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:20 pm

Co-signed, all accurate + hope lots of ppl take this information in since my explanation would be 8x lazier lol
Well it's frustrating. I come from the bitcoin world, where the conversation is truly controlled for the LT success of those running the communication. Every post, every comment essentially has a goal. This community is very similar. Main discourse is 1 forum and reddit. All communities managed by the same people. Certain companies having posts up top all the time, can't mention others even though they are community staples. There is def a nice strategy going on here, and it's very profitable for the forum owners / mom owners. Just sucks when everyone claims transparency and that it's not happening when yes, it obviously is.