Just a Reddit Rant

I have my people keeping an eye on Reddit, doing my best to keep everyone happy as best as I can. Learning and listening as we go. Love seeing good to great reviews on our products and service. It frigg'n kills me to see a few of their members just let loose and talk shit about us. Bait and switch, worst MoM, Don't trust them... These very few people haven't even placed an order with us. They jump on and reply to our good reviews and talk shit.

I am not able to simply ask these very few people what their order number was. What the problem with their product was. How did customer service not take care of you, once you brought this problem to their attention. I can't do any of these things.

The problem is, I feel these weasels, have a loud voice, they are very vocal and post a lot. I call them weasels because it is absolutely impossible for any of our customers to come away feeling like that, if they did communicate with me.

I always encourage people in life to speak up and say what they feel BUT I think these few have an ulterior motive.

So how do I combat this? For every 10 good reviews and 1 bad one, I fear the bad one is remembered, regardless if it's true or not.

How many of you do reviews on Reddit? I'm not a fan of sending out samples to simply get a review but I have no idea how to represent the company honestly on there. It's obviously a huge opportunity to earn new customers, how do I market on that bloody Reddit?

If any of you have any ideas, I'm all ears and eyes. Please send me a private message.

Re: Just a Reddit Rant

Oh, you're not wrong. I review on Reddit and every time I mention you I get downvoted and told things like "oh they're the worst MOM bait aind switch don't buy". There are some hugely vocal dissenters. I still cross-post all my reviews there though. The best thing you can do is have your people reply to those messages asking about the specifics of the order and offering compensation, do customer service out in the open and people will see if it's other companies who hired negative reverse shills to slam their competition or assholes who really don't have a complaint but just hope to get free stuff.

Yeah there are a lot of trolls. However, a lot of people don’t always complain about their order. They simply just don’t go back. There are many moms on here that I didn’t complain to, however I’ll never order from them again.

The whole Reddit thing.. most moms just post their sales and announcements. The rest they just ignore, unless it’s getting a lot of chatter. That, or they’ve just disappeared from the sub completely. If I were you, I would CARE LESS what people are saying on Reddit. Your product and customer service is all you can control. Look at CWF. They don’t advertise, they’re not on the boards.. hell they didn’t even know we existed until I told them. Yet somehow, they have blown up and completely sold out the entire store. How? It’s simple... the product spoke for itself. They didn’t need to advertise on Reddit or send out one single free gram of weed as a sample. I would rather see a mom focus on finding better growers, expanding their products, finding exciting phenos to try, etc, than try to understand and make friends with the trolls on Reddit.

Now, with all that being said, I have noticed a lot of hate for KT lately. Probably due to some mold issues.. I’ll admit that I have no clue why everyone started to jump down KTs throat. I just noticed some mold reviews, but then again, a lot of mold reviews happen when it starts to get damp out. I’ll admit that I only use craft MOMs now so I haven’t been reading much about other moms, so I really have no clue why the community turned. Maybe someone can fill me in? Cause I really don’t feel like reading people bash KT. I personally had a pleasant experience with them.

I can only recall 1 mold issue in the past month and that was handled 120%

I appreciate the comments and advice. Makes a lot of sense I just HATE to read that anyone was unsatisfied. I guess some do not bother contacting their mom if the have a problem. I couldn't imagine why, especially being on the boards or chat rooms. Just about everyone mentions that they communicate with their mom of choice.

On your point of expanding.. I think that in the short amount of time we have been around, we have expanded our inventory and genre of products by a huge margin. We have another exciting email blast going our with a new line of products shortly,

Again, I appreciate the comment and advice.

Let me mention to anyone else that reads this. If you have a problem with anything to do with us, don't hesitate to get at me, I want to know and quality control is EXTREMELY important to us.

For any trolls or weasels out there, I'm glad I believe in Karma, I'll leave that to her :)

It is consumed by HSP and JJmed supporters, as well as Instagram MoMs. After the last 3 months and COUNTLESS reviews I have witnessed this 'growth' first hand, and it is to the point that I am almost going to refrain from posting on reddit (my main platform to do so) and to go back to posting solely here.
Instant downvotes and 'shill' comments FROM shills themselves is becoming too tiring for the amount of effort and time put into it.

JD17 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:17 am It is consumed by HSP and JJmed supporters, as well as Instagram MoMs. After the last 3 months and COUNTLESS reviews I have witnessed this 'growth' first hand, and it is to the point that I am almost going to refrain from posting on reddit (my main platform to do so) and to go back to posting solely here.
Instant downvotes and 'shill' comments FROM shills themselves is becoming too tiring for the amount of effort and time put into it.
I wouldn't give up on mentioning your thoughts, good or bad. I think that some of the good MoM's need all the help they can get with these auto negative posters that do that exact thing you mentioned.

Just gotta keep doing what I feel is best and fair and let the chips fall where they may.

Thanks for the replies! Just want honest ones :)

JD17 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:17 am It is consumed by HSP and JJmed supporters, as well as Instagram MoMs. After the last 3 months and COUNTLESS reviews I have witnessed this 'growth' first hand, and it is to the point that I am almost going to refrain from posting on reddit (my main platform to do so) and to go back to posting solely here.
That is somewhat true, though those are two of the best and most trusted moms. It makes sense to recommend them over others, as they have earned it.

I think the place is filled with trolls that attack everything. jjmeds definitely gets attacked too. I literally stopped all review posting after reading many completely negative reviews for product that I had also ordered and recieved and imo was stellar. Have to take everything with a grain of salt these days i guess.

I think you are spot on that in the end you will just have to do your best, and stand by your ethics, and then hope all the chips fall where they should. MoMs have an incredibly challenging job, and I sincerely hope every good one is rewarded for their work.

With Redditors, however, it will mostly be out of your hands as mob mentality is a thing in of itself, and I've mostly cared more about what actually sensible Redditors (the minority) have to say than if any of our posts are getting upvoted or downvoted. I think most of our posts in MoMPics gets marked as controversial from the waves of shill accounts first downvoting, then getting their negative votes cancelled out by the auto-mod bot later on.

Everyone should always be taking opinions with a grain of salt on a message board, Discord chat, or on Reddit, though.

Keyll wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:14 pm
highres604 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:43 pm Have to take everything with a grain of salt these days i guess.
416Strains.ca wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:11 pm Everyone should always be taking opinions with a grain of salt on a message board, Discord chat, or on Reddit, though.
Do my eyes deceive me or do I spy two shills for BIG SODIUM??

Na.
Haha nice! Himalayan Pink Salt is the buzz right now. Origin is unknown but is believed to be a descendant of Rock Salt. You can expect shades of pink and large nuggets. Because of it's potency, It's best not consumed alone. Pairs nicely with Steak Medium Rare. As per Saltly, a sister company of Leafly.

The whole of social media is just a giant cesspool. That's why smaller communities like this thrive. More of a "family" or close-knit type of group. I try to keep my internet relationships the same as my IRL relationships; a few close/personal friends and the little niche group to socialize with.

Reddit has the same dozens of people spouting the same bullshit over and over. Kind of like a social bait-n-switch to me. Act a certain way for some people and then another way for others. Another reason for me to use varying alias' across all social platforms. Trolls can't follow you as easily.

and, I doubt I would have known about CWF if not for this sub. Too many self-absorbed bell ends over on reddit.

Not having to account for your actions or what you say, definitely allows people to use social platforms to let loose and may I suggest the worst and allow people to be themselves? Again, like you say, the same dozen spout the same bullshit. I'd like to believe that they are very few but very vocal, which makes them heard and stand out. It's like a few dozen picketers yelling slurs, racial comments and hate speech. They are only a fraction of the population but loud, newsworthy and heard.

Again, 416 strains reiterated to just do your best and let the chips fall where they may.

I'll continue to let a few of my people keep an eye on Reddit and report back on how things are going good or things we can change for the better. It's a real SHITTY feeling, as a business owner not to be able to communicate the way you would like to in any situation. That Reddit is a perfect example of that.... it's a tough one for me.

Reddit is an angry mob basically. As a business the best you can do is survey and do minimal damage control, but it's definitely not a place where you want to try and advertise or promote, you'll get eaten alive. A small intervention here and there just to set the record straight (don't get into arguments, just drop a simple reply to complaints so people don't feel you're ignoring their attacks) is about the best you can do.

Beyond the basic human nature to criticize and jump on band wagons, there are lots of people on there with an agenda, either to promote a MOM, or to destroy competition, posing as regular people. Unfortunately they can be hard to make out, so it makes the whole pool of opinions on Reddit pretty shifty and unreliable... The loudest are often the most biased too, so it's really not social media for the uninitiated.

King Tuts wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:20 pm Again, like you say, the same dozen spout the same bullshit. I'd like to believe that they are very few but very vocal, which makes them heard and stand out. It's like a few dozen picketers yelling slurs, racial comments and hate speech. They are only a fraction of the population but loud, newsworthy and heard.
The problem is that negativity attracts more attention than positively sourced things. Doesn't matter than you had over 100 positive reviews, mr-chunky-dick over there writes a scathing review full of negativity and it's the hottest topic of the day. Same reason it can suck hard to be a business in this age. You do something wrong and there's ALWAYS somebody there to witness, document and spread it. The internet is unforgiving and that's terrible. We're so desensitized to everything that it's normal for all of this negative shit to happen and not do anything about it. People's person "rights" are being stomped all over and everybody is hurt over things that shouldn't be taken as a personal insult.

Shit, this worked me up too much. need to have a sesh but work isn't over til it's over!

Points taken and heard!

I don't think I take it as a personal insult but in today's work place, reviews are quite important, regardless of what business you are in. This is all quite new to me and still learning. I just felt like venting and or chatting about it with you guys. Thanks for listening and thanks for the advice, you guys have been around this industries online social areas much longer than I.

itsjustasalad, hope you got that sesh in! Also hope it's the weekend for you guys to chill and recharge :)

itsjustasalad wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:23 am The whole of social media is just a giant cesspool. That's why smaller communities like this thrive. More of a "family" or close-knit type of group. I try to keep my internet relationships the same as my IRL relationships; a few close/personal friends and the little niche group to socialize with.
Well said 👍

Elseworlds wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:16 am
itsjustasalad wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:23 am The whole of social media is just a giant cesspool. That's why smaller communities like this thrive. More of a "family" or close-knit type of group. I try to keep my internet relationships the same as my IRL relationships; a few close/personal friends and the little niche group to socialize with.
Well said 👍
Definitely agree on this place being more tight knit. I really enjoy reading and chatting to the guys and girls here. But again, to simply be able to speak freely, defend yourself, if needed to publicly remedy a mistake or problem... That's my style of business and community. I believe in Accountability for all people. People should be held accountable for their actions and words. When people can get away without being called out or the ability to defend themselves... makes me cringe. It was and is a breath of fresh air to be here and log in every day :)

King Tuts wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:40 pm
Well said 👍
Definitely agree on this place being more tight knit. I really enjoy reading and chatting to the guys and girls here. But again, to simply be able to speak freely, defend yourself, if needed to publicly remedy a mistake or problem... That's my style of business and community. I believe in Accountability for all people. People should be held accountable for their actions and words. When people can get away without being called out or the ability to defend themselves... makes me cringe. It was and is a breath of fresh air to be here and log in every day :)

I personally don't think the issue is the size of the Reddit community as much as the lack of ability to defend yourself. Some idiots trolling is nothing new, but not being able to defend yourself against baseless claims that can actually effect your business is nonsense. It's either not being moderated well enough, or the mods don't give a shit. Either way, I think the problem is much deeper than size.

AimOrDie wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:13 pm
King Tuts wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:40 pm
Well said 👍

I personally don't think the issue is the size of the Reddit community as much as the lack of ability to defend yourself. Some idiots trolling is nothing new, but not being able to defend yourself against baseless claims that can actually effect your business is nonsense. It's either not being moderated well enough, or the mods don't give a shit. Either way, I think the problem is much deeper than size.
The mods seem to give a shit ASAP by any of my responses (when I tried to back in the day), so I am of the belief that there is a motive behind each action of theirs that must favor them. I guess it's understandable in a way but at the same time, credibility has to be in questions. I would hope and assume that the majority that post and read, have to know something us up.

King Tuts wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:56 pmThe mods seem to give a shit ASAP by any of my responses (when I tried to back in the day), so I am of the belief that there is a motive behind each action of theirs that must favor them. I guess it's understandable in a way but at the same time, credibility has to be in questions. I would hope and assume that the majority that post and read, have to know something us up.
Never modded on reddit, but it must be really a PITA to follow with the way things move... You can only rely on reports, no way anyone is reviewing all comments in all threads like you would on a forum.

2gr/day wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:31 pm what a circle jerk.

Rockstar
stripper dust
jet fuel

all were garbage I got from you, to name a few off the top of my head. Those reviews you read on reddit shitting on you are more than deserved.

The nerve you have to come here and bitch like this is pure cringe.
I ordered two ozs of Stripper Spit, got a mixed bag of two batches. One was clearly freshly harvested, honestly some amazing flower but only accounted for about 10g? The rest was very dry, not much smell or taste and burned dark. I have the jar hanging around still I should try to get some pics to show the difference.

It’s a shame, I initially really liked it but one night I busted some out and could barely clear a bowl of it. Once I dug into my jar I immediately noticed the difference 👎.

Ghost Drops wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:35 am we've just recently experienced the downvoting for no reason. Just joined Reddit the other day and had almost all of our comments downvoted on captcrunch's post about our Pink Gelato out of the blue.
Yeah that's totally typical. There is a lot of MOMpics hate, there's a whole host of redditors dedicated to downvoting every post on that sub amd they go the extra mile when its admin posts.

Seriously best advice I can give to MOMs about reddit is keep a eye out and do minimal interventions (only defend blatant lies that could actually hurt your biz) and keep those interventionss civil, brief and factual... Think business/politician reactions to drama.. Less is more and no question period ;)

people who worry about downvotes have issues...life goes on likes or not!
i have never tried king tuts...but i think i will pass...they seem too defensive , who cares about social media if you have a run good business. the moms i deal with do not care what goes down on reddits or canadianmom info. they do what they supposed to do..deliver responsibly

beaum0nt wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:53 am people who worry about downvotes have issues...life goes on likes or not!

who cares about social media if you have a run good business. the moms i deal with do not care what goes down on reddits or canadianmom info. they do what they supposed to do..deliver responsibly
That's the truth; it's the hard truth but it's totally right. The more time you spend focusing on the negative, the less time you have to focus on the positive! Just from my experiences anyway. Completely forgoing social media makes it all feel so much better. From a business standpoint I completely get why it's good to have a presence on SM, but that's really all you need. It doesn't have to take hours of your time. Just drop a newsletter, some pictures, a message or two randomly and a bit of community interaction.

A good brand will sell itself through referrals on pure positive interactions.

I have a couple of go-to mom's plus my LP, so I don't really play the field much; though it makes me itchy when I see posts on here with people talking about their experiences. Without having a ranking system it feels much more civil to speak honestly.

beaum0nt wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:53 am people who worry about downvotes have issues...life goes on likes or not!
i have never tried king tuts...but i think i will pass...they seem too defensive , who cares about social media if you have a run good business. the moms i deal with do not care what goes down on reddits or canadianmom info. they do what they supposed to do..deliver responsibly
That's an interesting quote. "You will pass on King Tuts because they seem too defensive". I'm quite surprised you came to the conclusion that King Tuts is defensive, where as, they simply care a great deal about all aspects of their business, my business. I think a MoM should care about what goes down anytime their name is mentioned. If you are trying to be the best you can, advice, little ideas of change, customer feed back... these can come from many places, including social platforms, just like here.

You're absolutely right, I will be defensive, if a defense is needed from any slander, negative comments or simple lies that's not deserved. On the other hand, if there is a problem caused by us, I will tackle that head on as well. I am not defensive when it's deserved, I'm apologetic and I take care of our mistake 100% 100% of the time.

IMO, you're mistaking care for being too defensive. Of course, as a consumer, you can give to who'm you would like to give the opportunity at your business, we are lucky to have you, not the other way around... I mention that a lot. I've been in sales and business for a long time.I know what it takes to try and earn a customer and i know what it takes to try and keep a customer. I would give me the opportunity because I care from the moment I am initially contacted to the moment my product gets in your system. Every time.

I do appreciate your comment though! I thought I had to be a bit defensive about it though lol

beaum0nt wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:01 am its 2019 honesty is hard to come by... i think i hear the orange turd on the radio speaking honestly as i type this.
I don't think it's hard to come by, I think there's just a lot of noise you have to sift to to hear honesty. In this business, you will have to take in what you can, do the best you can to do your research and then there does have to be a bit of faith and trust before you give that opportunity to someone. People are sending E-Transfers or others form of payment with the hopes of not being screwed or even simply not receiving something back. It's an interesting business for sure!

Not sure that is a zig zag to your response but that's the reply I felt after reading your quote.

itsjustasalad wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:46 am

who cares about social media if you have a run good business. the moms i deal with do not care what goes down on reddits or canadianmom info. they do what they supposed to do..deliver responsibly
That's the truth; it's the hard truth but it's totally right. The more time you spend focusing on the negative, the less time you have to focus on the positive! Just from my experiences anyway. Completely forgoing social media makes it all feel so much better. From a business standpoint I completely get why it's good to have a presence on SM, but that's really all you need. It doesn't have to take hours of your time. Just drop a newsletter, some pictures, a message or two randomly and a bit of community interaction.

A good brand will sell itself through referrals on pure positive interactions.

I have a couple of go-to mom's plus my LP, so I don't really play the field much; though it makes me itchy when I see posts on here with people talking about their experiences. Without having a ranking system it feels much more civil to speak honestly.
Hello Salad,

Agree 100% not to focus much on the negative. I actually don't go on Reddit, I have a couple of people that keep an eye out for me, to learn and grow. I focus on my business and do the best I can. You are also 100% correct on referrals and word of mouth, as that's all we grow by. We work on what we can control to the best of our ability. Things have been going great! I would say that from when we started, our growth has been more than acceptable but like the topic says, it's just a Reddit rant..

You have a couple of go to MoMs, which is awesome! They have earned your trust and business through enough interactions I would assume and that's great!

JBC wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:42 am
2gr/day wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:31 pm what a circle jerk.

Rockstar
stripper dust
jet fuel

all were garbage I got from you, to name a few off the top of my head. Those reviews you read on reddit shitting on you are more than deserved.

The nerve you have to come here and bitch like this is pure cringe.
I ordered two ozs of Stripper Spit, got a mixed bag of two batches. One was clearly freshly harvested, honestly some amazing flower but only accounted for about 10g? The rest was very dry, not much smell or taste and burned dark. I have the jar hanging around still I should try to get some pics to show the difference.

It’s a shame, I initially really liked it but one night I busted some out and could barely clear a bowl of it. Once I dug into my jar I immediately noticed the difference 👎.
JBC, I'm going to send you a private message and chat about this, as we have the same grower for that product and a few others as well. That should have not been the case. We pay big bucks for that stuff.

King Tuts wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:14 pm
Hello Salad,

Agree 100% not to focus much on the negative. I actually don't go on Reddit, I have a couple of people that keep an eye out for me, to learn and grow. I focus on my business and do the best I can. You are also 100% correct on referrals and word of mouth, as that's all we grow by. We work on what we can control to the best of our ability. Things have been going great! I would say that from when we started, our growth has been more than acceptable but like the topic says, it's just a Reddit rant..

You have a couple of go to MoMs, which is awesome! They have earned your trust and business through enough interactions I would assume and that's great!
Always room for more MOMs, I won't necessarily rule anybody out. I was actually wanting to order from you back in December but noticed you were doing the revamp. Now I spent all of my money and need to re-heal! Wish I could recall the strain but there was a particular strain or two buzzing around that made me itch.

Best of luck for 2019! New year, new fun, new experiences!

King Tuts wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:56 pm The mods seem to give a shit ASAP by any of my responses (when I tried to back in the day), so I am of the belief that there is a motive behind each action of theirs that must favor them. I guess it's understandable in a way but at the same time, credibility has to be in questions. I would hope and assume that the majority that post and read, have to know something us up.
Don't worry, some ppl know what's up :) The majority, however, don't spend enough time in those threads to pick up on what's always going on. I don't really blame the avg consumer who just goes on Reddit to look for new places casually, to really care about which ppl are writing bullshit reviews, who's shilling off of gifted product, and who isn't. Sin gave a pretty good summary of how MoMs should best handle that tough setting, though I never thought of comparing politicians haha

Personally, my only wish is that ppl would just state openly when they are reviewing free product, coz you can still generate value by giving an honest review of free product. But truth is, most ppl don't have the courage or the integrity to want to face the Reddit hatesquad willingly, so I guess the silent shills will continue to try and slide by unnoticed..

xsinx wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:20 pm Reddit is an angry mob basically. As a business the best you can do is survey and do minimal damage control, but it's definitely not a place where you want to try and advertise or promote, you'll get eaten alive. A small intervention here and there just to set the record straight (don't get into arguments, just drop a simple reply to complaints so people don't feel you're ignoring their attacks) is about the best you can do.

Beyond the basic human nature to criticize and jump on band wagons, there are lots of people on there with an agenda, either to promote a MOM, or to destroy competition, posing as regular people. Unfortunately they can be hard to make out, so it makes the whole pool of opinions on Reddit pretty shifty and unreliable... The loudest are often the most biased too, so it's really not social media for the uninitiated.
Fuck, I wrote out a whole post to KT just now.. but I should've just quoted this comment lol. +100