Re: Which MOM has the best packaging?

I like Kootenay's plastic jars. Not the best for long term, but it insures the buds come intact, it's airtight so it keeps the buds fresh and you can see they really have an attention to bud quality. Some complain about trichs sticking to the static, but I just swipe with my finger and drop it in my glass jar, no big deal for like 0.00001 gram of kief...

I love Speedgreens packaging. Ships in a box. Everything has its own custom designed label, is in little plastic bottles with a bodeva pack. It really shows they care about their buds arriving intact, and the custom label art makes me grin each time. I AM a graphic designer so of course that extra mile is appreciated by me, and it's not NECESSARY to get me as a customer (certainly other MOMs are simpler with their packaging) but I do like it when it's above and beyond what I expect (bag with label).
xsinx wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:41 pm Some complain about trichs sticking to the static, but I just swipe with my finger and drop it in my glass jar, no big deal for like 0.00001 gram of kief...
Yeah, almost every single baggie of weed I've ever dealt with has knocked off like .0000001 grams of kief and still my world is rocked... if ya really care, lick your finger and stick it in to grab the bits. I usually don't care that much. It does happen a bit more with plastic jars but ehhh it's worth it to me to get my buds intact.

For shipping, we try and use less plastic but if asked for, we have these to offer:

- Child proof reversible vial, 8 dram (1 gram) up to 125 dram (good for an oz)
- Triple layer heat seal-able mylar bags
- Boxed
all orders are double food grade vac sealed
All orders are packed with a boveda
All resin, rosin or a like are packaged in glass shoulder-less jars
All shatter in mylar bags

I come from a Dispensary Supply company that specialized in packaging. We just don't use all of that to be nice to the environment as best as we can without compensating on safety or detection.

The works is available though.

At the moment, we just use some custom stickers for some products labels but hope to be getting in some custom printed bags soon... We're getting close to meeting the minimum requirements for n order as we grow,

Had to mention, as it's tough for us to be compared as again, we do our best to not leave much waste. Besides custom labeling, our packaging options are second to none.

Keyll wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:13 pm I love Speedgreens packaging. Ships in a box. Everything has its own custom designed label, is in little plastic bottles with a bodeva pack. It really shows they care about their buds arriving intact, and the custom label art makes me grin each time. I AM a graphic designer so of course that extra mile is appreciated by me, and it's not NECESSARY to get me as a customer (certainly other MOMs are simpler with their packaging) but I do like it when it's above and beyond what I expect (bag with label).
xsinx wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:41 pm Some complain about trichs sticking to the static, but I just swipe with my finger and drop it in my glass jar, no big deal for like 0.00001 gram of kief...
Yeah, almost every single baggie of weed I've ever dealt with has knocked off like .0000001 grams of kief and still my world is rocked... if ya really care, lick your finger and stick it in to grab the bits. I usually don't care that much. It does happen a bit more with plastic jars but ehhh it's worth it to me to get my buds intact.
Thank you for the mention! We haven't compromised on our packaging since the beginning as this was very important to us to stand out from the rest. We will continue to upgrade as we go but I think we've done pretty well so far! ;)
Last edited by Speedgreens on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think everyones definiton of 'best packaging' might vary a bit.
Like I really liked that thehighclub was just plain black bags with the strain label on it, and that they didn't include any packing slip. two packs of 4oz vacuum sealed and then put in a box. I like the discretion and lack of identifying info.
I don't like when places include packing slips with my name and address etc on it. Or when the bags have the MoM name on it or some sticker I can't remove, then I can't reuse the bag cause I don't feel comfortable leaving the house with a bag with a black market MoM on it
I don't need cans or containers, I just want plain bags with the strain labelled on it, then vacuum sealed. I move everything to mason jars anyways

Kaseyyeah wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:57 am I don't like when places include packing slips with my name and address etc on it. Or when the bags have the MoM name on it or some sticker I can't remove, then I can't reuse the bag cause I don't feel comfortable leaving the house with a bag with a black market MoM on it
I don't need cans or containers, I just want plain bags with the strain labelled on it, then vacuum sealed. I move everything to mason jars anyways
Yea I agree, no packing slips with id plz.

If I were transporting my herb, I'd repurpose some gov containers.

hedcramp wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:31 pm Yea I agree, no packing slips with id plz.

I also agree regarding the packing slips. Only once have I received a packing slip and I felt weird about it.

Having transported some bud back home for Christmas, I put it in a gov container but ya'll they didn't even GLANCE at it when I went through security. Anyway, I move into mason jars at home for larger orders (larger than 7 for sure) if the packaging itself isn't sufficient and I don't tend to bring my bud out of the house which is why my preference is towards cool packaging that simplifies my task at home.

Keyll wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:56 pm
hedcramp wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:31 pm Yea I agree, no packing slips with id plz.

I also agree regarding the packing slips. Only once have I received a packing slip and I felt weird about it.

Having transported some bud back home for Christmas, I put it in a gov container but ya'll they didn't even GLANCE at it when I went through security. Anyway, I move into mason jars at home for larger orders (larger than 7 for sure) if the packaging itself isn't sufficient and I don't tend to bring my bud out of the house which is why my preference is towards cool packaging that simplifies my task at home.
Our packing slips are included (with no information of dispensary or customer, only the contents) for the purpose of showing customers we do a double check of what's included. Once during the picking process and another check from a senior staff member with a stamp of approval. This mitigates the chances of a mistake on the order.