Where does it all come from?

I know I know don’t tell blah blah blah. Don’t need specific names etc. Just a general idea of what type of people are supplying the illicit market.
I just would like to know what type of person(s) are growing all the weed from the A to AAAA, from the hash to the vape carts. For such an evolved, medical side to a new legal order the LP are obvious.

But this craft cannabis culture is intriguing to me. As many I just used to grab off a friend of a friend and take what I could. Ups and downs and shit to great, but the consistency of online weed blows my mind.

Who are these fantastic growers? How do they keep it all in check and not get caught? Or do the cops just really not care?

My bro has in-laws that grow up the coast and I know there are tons like that that are just average joes that happen to have property/space and a green thumb and just go for it and hope for the best. Then there are the crazy outdoor grows out in the middle of nowhere up a mountain that may or may not ever be seen by another human but the grower.

Are these medical patients with a grow license that sells their excess? So much weed that wasn’t grown by the LPs it would seem there are thousands of grows. Would it saturate the market if all those just were legal?

Sorry for all the digging just really curious. I have more questions too.