Customer Satisfaction - SEEDS IN YO WEED

Hi guys and gals,

It's not super often that I get somewhat of a complaint of customers finding a few seeds in their order but I do get them here and there. If you know me, I like to handle problems head on and take care of the customer to a 100% satisfaction.

I'd like to know what you guys think and or expect when you find some seeds in your order. If you need to know how many, let's say 2-5 in an ounce. How do you expect you MoM to handle it?

I'll be 100% honest, it's an interesting one to me. I like to try and feel out the customer, as usually they would show me whatever problem they have and wait for me to come up with a remedy. That's fair to do. If it's cut and dry, then it's a simple fix. For some reason I find that when I get told about and shown seeds, I just kinda ask for what they would like or expect done.

I totally understand that expectations are super high from us and that's ok because many MoMs deliver on them.

As a paying customer, your thoughts and expectations once you find seeds in your order, if you wouldn't mind :)

Re: Customer Satisfaction - SEEDS IN YO WEED

I honestly never had seeds in any MOM weed I bought except once. Didn't really bother me because I break it down pretty small to remove stems anyway so I saw it and it never went in the joint. 2-5 in a oz wouldn't be a big deal, but if I were to find more than 7-8 in an OZ I'd be unhappy, especially since I mostly order high end flowers.

Depends on the grade too I think. 4 or 5 in a budget / aa oz isn't a problem at all, however, if someone is selling weed as quads I wouldn't expect any. Really depends on how many seeds in what grade weed. I've got a total of 7 seeds that I've found in weed over the past 2 years, none from a mom. Doesn't bother me at all, got 7 different bag seed strains to practice on when I start growing.

Every situation is different, that is a tough question to answer. It would depend on the price of the ounce and how its promoted.

--2-5 seeds in a AAA (or lesser) oz with no damage to the buds from germination. I would not complain or want anything in return.

--2-5 seeds in a AA-AAA with a few empty seed cases and some immature seeds and not advertised as such then maybe 50% store credit from that ounce and a freebie next order.

--2-5 seeds in a AA-AAA and there is excess casings and immature seeds with decreased potency and not advertised as such I would say full refund or replacement

--2-5 seeds that was in a 200+ AAAA with no damage to the buds from germination. I would tell the vendor and if asked what I would want for compensation I would say throw in a nice fat sample (3.5 grams+) of some AAAA next order.

--2-5 seeds in a 200+ AAAA with a few empty seed cases and some immature seeds and not advertised as such then 100% store credit and take down the rating on the AAAA.

I am assuming you are having problems with well grown cannabis where a few seeds got germed but didn't effect the overall grow. I would offer a extra gift on the next order or give them free shipping. The thing would be if you see a pattern in what strains get complained about to just advertise that a few seeds were found but did not affect its potency in the description.

Interesting. Since purchasing from MOMs, I've only found 1 seed.. which made me happy cuz ima grow it.. but 1 seed out of quite a bit of cannabis should be fine, because it's natural and very hard at time's to stop 1 plant from making at least 1-5 seeds, depending on the strain.. pollen is very amazing at traveling and some plants will produce a seed or 2 under the tiniest amount of stress.. it's a hard thing to judge sometimes.. as for selling cannabis with seeds in it, I find seeds noticeable due to the lump they create, and usually you can see them sticking out. So if you sell this and don't notice it and the customer isn't satisfied, some sort of refund would be necessary... I've heard of seedy weed, but have never purchased any somehow...
Definitely a good topic.

If I found 1-3 seeds in a purchase I wouldn't complain. If I found 5+ then I would. I've never gotten any seeds in MoM weed, only once I had an immature seed and a couple of times I've had seed casings. I wouldn't be disappointed, you bet I'd try grow that sucker, but so far it's never happened. I think it would be okay in AA weed but not in AAAA weed, and if that's the case then you failed to live up to your customer's expectations and should compensate in some way.

I've had seedy weed twice in my life, but never from MoMs and definitely not anything worth reproducing. It was notably less potent and hazardous (making a joint was a laborsome process of picking out all of the seeds lest there be explosions/popping from the moisture trapped within. There's a good reason people don't want them and it does create a worse product experience.

Appreciate the comments and what you guys would expect as a remedy. All of your math with how many times you have received seeds in your order makes sense to me. I'm sure that you guys have had maybe 50 - 100 orders come in over the years? That's just a guess anyways but I sat that because out of the thousands that have left, I have been told 3 times now that orders that have been sent have had seeds. Minimal but found.

Not only would I take care of the situation if it was a quad but I'd be on our supplier big time.

Appreciate the comments guys, as it's a very uncommon thing to happen but I'd like to be prepared of how the customers might feel t should be handled.

I hope peeps understand that those seeds found are more than likely from a hermaphrodite plant and in turn they will probably produce hermaphrodite plants if grown out, I doubt very much it was stray pollen in a controlled environment where absolutely no males should be to begin with. I would never waste my time and money sprouting and growing out seeds that will throw nanners and fuck up a grow. I only grow reg's no fem beans for me no matter how tested and proven they are ! To each their own spose'.....

Quadzilla wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:42 pm I hope peeps understand that those seeds found are more than likely from a hermaphrodite plant and in turn they will probably produce hermaphrodite plants if grown out, I doubt very much it was stray pollen in a controlled environment where absolutely no males should be to begin with. I would never waste my time and money sprouting and growing out seeds that will throw nanners and fuck up a grow. I only grow reg's no fem beans for me no matter how tested and proven they are ! To each their own spose'.....
This is very true, I've had my share of growing. There have been some stains that produced good plants from stressed females that went a bit hermy... bubba kush, afghani, hashplant, sleestack, and a couple others that I can't remember, it's been a while, but those did great and we're from hermies... there was a couple that did terrible, so it's a swing or miss. But it is possible to get the good genetics back, at least for me. Definitely a "to each their own" kind of thing , how much time and material you got? Lol... I listed pollen because I had plants that didn't hermy at all and got seeds somehow, t'was confused.

Ill give some input being as ive got 100+ orders thru moms. And have recieved seeds in ruffly 4 strains / batches fr 2 seperate moms out of 6 i have gone through. To me personally. I dont mind 1-5 seed range per oz. if i enjoy the bud. Hey its whatever. Unfortunately that is usually not the case. I had one bud that. Smelled and looked just killer but as soon as i would bust or. Cut a joint up. I had literally a tray of 70% weed 30%. Deformed seed pods / germination growths. To the point smoking it was unbearable. I reached out to the mom. And After basically saying it is the bud structure of the strain and not seeds they then said that seeds was found all in the batch and offered a free 3.5. Aaa on next order. My issue to this was. It was 1/4 the total amount i had unsmokeble product. So i ate the 80$ loss and just dont order the herb / strain. And another occasion Was about 30 seeds in a half oz. to me a retarted amount. I emailed and ended up leaving mom due to it was starter mom and i had found a new one at the time. I think personally if its any more than. A cpl and it affects the smoke ability. Than ofc. A replacement to equal the loss would be fair to me. Personally everyone probably hate on me for saying it. But up until about 2 year ago. Customer satisfaction was you got 50 c off a gram or u was first stop on your hook ups. Route 😂. Its come a longggg way. I do commend any mom that is willing to make it right. In situations that is a grey area .. where do you decide. Who is legit and who is just always onto free any way possible. In the end to sum up my speel is i guess ut boils down to the situation at hand price pd vs seeds found etc. Hope this helps.

highres604 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:06 pm 1 or 2 seeds is no big deal imo. I wouldn't complain or expect of the mom either, id just move to another one. too many options to waste time like that.
I do understand that. You guys do have lots of options out there. To me, that would be a pretty good time to check out how that MoM handles a situation that you are unhappy with. I do worry about members/customers that feel the same way. I hope that they would take the moment to reach out and mention their displeasure before moving on. I would guess that seeds have happened to every established MoM out there. It's not easy to inspect each individual bud like that.

The point being here, even if you do move on to another MoM, chances are that has happened with them in the past anyways. How they handle it, should be something to consider before moving on. In the case, moving on to another MoM doesn't make sense before reaching out first.

Just an opinion anyways...

King Tuts wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:37 pm
highres604 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:06 pm 1 or 2 seeds is no big deal imo. I wouldn't complain or expect of the mom either, id just move to another one. too many options to waste time like that.
I do understand that. You guys do have lots of options out there. To me, that would be a pretty good time to check out how that MoM handles a situation that you are unhappy with. I do worry about members/customers that feel the same way. I hope that they would take the moment to reach out and mention their displeasure before moving on. I would guess that seeds have happened to every established MoM out there. It's not easy to inspect each individual bud like that.

The point being here, even if you do move on to another MoM, chances are that has happened with them in the past anyways. How they handle it, should be something to consider before moving on. In the case, moving on to another MoM doesn't make sense before reaching out first.

I agree - if I subscribed to that mentality, I would have left hillsidepharms awhile back. Got a seedy oz of blue moonshine in the fall. Simply emailed them to let them know, and they had an oz in the mail for me the next day. Actions like that are why I give them (not exclusively) my $$.

Otownkush wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:48 pm
King Tuts wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:37 pm

I agree - if I subscribed to that mentality, I would have left hillsidepharms awhile back. Got a seedy oz of blue moonshine in the fall. Simply emailed them to let them know, and they had an oz in the mail for me the next day. Actions like that are why I give them (not exclusively) my $$.
I think you will find many stories just like these. Not only has a good reputable MoM like the above mentioned fix that problem but has probably built up a stronger report with their customer. If you might be the type to have a very short leash on your MoM and their mistakes, I would ask that you have a bit of patience and give them the opportunity to remedy it. You MIGHT have lost out on a great one if you pull the trigger to fast and move on. We will ALL encounter obstacles, it's just the way it is. Have faith, give an opportunity for them to show you what they are really made of. Trust is gigantic in this industry, in ALL aspects. Is there a better way to prove trust than by your MoM holding themselves accountable?

I'll be 100% honest guys and girls. I think that because of the challenges we have had in the past, we were able to prove that we don't run from them. I think that we have proven that yeah, we make mistakes BUT we will do our best to fix them. I believe those mistakes have helped us grow and that's because we have been given a second chance by many. Look, we're no MoM mogul by any means but in a competitive market like this, we are still afloat and that means something.

Bla Bla Bla, give whatever MoM you have dealt with the opportunity to fix their mistakes. If they don't, then you are always welcome here ;)