MOMs won't elaborate on this for some reason.

High! Just very curious.. why don't moms put the thc and cbd content on their packaging? If they are actually testing their products, they should know the content. I can't see it being too expensive.. is it extra work or something? Customers do need this, especially the customers who use it for medicine. And it actually looks like your products have been properly tested AND the reviews will be WAY better ... Please elaborate..
THANK YOU!! 😉

Re: MOMs won't elaborate on this for some reason.

I would like to see this as well, but no doubt that it will also drive up our purchase price......lol and might even have adverse effects for moms because people/consumers without the knowledge might just look at THC numbers and want the higher numbers when actually the THC number doesn't guage the effects example a lower THC can still have a greater couch lock/ bedtime effect just my two cents....... but to clarify yes myself I would love to see these numbers on more mom's have you noticed ganja west is doing this now they are a steady rise to fame lol

Thank you xsinx and henderjo!!! Makes a bit more sense, but if they say it's lab tested they should do that... I use cannabis mostly for quite a few medicinal purpose and I haven't ound the strain for me yet.. it was far easier to find with properly labeled products. This is a time when we HAVE to go forward.. so if the MOMs could make it look basically like the government cannabis then there shouldn't be that big of a problem.. and there's cheaper tests to do, but the "technical" lab tests are quite expensive. But there's a few methods to get the same results... or maybe a couple lol. But still if you say it's lab tested, it should be and it should look like it... definitely not annoyed or frustrated or anything, I just think it would help a LOT with their business and the customers would be happy.. guess I gotta make another GanjaWest order lol, love that company... both good responses, thanks again!...

Bassdrop30 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:33 am This brings up a question I've had for a while, and since the main issue has been addressed (most moms dont test their weed and pull info from Leafly and the like)...My are people buying off moms if they need their stuff as actual medicine? There are legal, lab tested channels in Canada for that, why pass through black market if you actually need weed to medicate?
For myself, mostly due to cost and the fact that i don't agree with what the government is doing with cannabis, it's a good start though... I think MOMs could make a HUGE impact on this new era if they become as professional as they can.. that's just what I think.. so far the MOMs are awesome.. that's just a question I have.

Bassdrop30 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:33 am This brings up a question I've had for a while, and since the main issue has been addressed (most moms dont test their weed and pull info from Leafly and the like)...My are people buying off moms if they need their stuff as actual medicine? There are legal, lab tested channels in Canada for that, why pass through black market if you actually need weed to medicate?
Weed is weed man, there's no such thing as medical and recreational weed. If you think companies growing thousands of plants a month in a huge factory geared for profit are safer/cleaner than craft cannabis from weed passionates you're only fooling yourself.

xsinx wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:53 am
Weed is weed man, there's no such thing as medical and recreational weed. If you think companies growing thousands of plants a month in a huge factory geared for profit are safer/cleaner than craft cannabis from weed passionates you're only fooling yourself.
I know weed is weed...but I'm refering to the use of it. I often see people who need weed for medical purposes buying off moms, which is what motivated my question. If you do really need weed for medicinal purposes, need a lab test etc, why arent these people buying off LPs (legal medical sources) instead of buying off moms?

Bassdrop30 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:00 pm I know weed is weed...but I'm refering to the use of it. I often see people who need weed for medical purposes buying off moms, which is what motivated my question. If you do really need weed for medicinal purposes, need a lab test etc, why arent these people buying off LPs (legal medical sources) instead of buying off moms?
Can only comment for myself, but prior to our website late last fall, 95% of my consumption was medicinal and I chose to do painstaking research on the r/CanadianMoMs sub for months as I slowly got ready to make my own orders. (My partner sourced for me previously, and used to also spend time researching reliable sources)

Primary consideration was quality vs price, secondary considerations were reliability of availability and selection. Have to say that legal options aren't better despite available lab results on every strain, especially if you are capable of doing your own research to find those good, reliable alternative sources.

(A big motivation for our website was my personal hopes of helping other medicinal users, like myself previously, source reliable, medicinally-effective strains from reputable, trusted alternative sources if they couldn't afford the insane LP subscriptions. Happy to say my health has been steadily improving over the past year, so while I'm still super careful about not increasing my tolerance irresponsibly since I rely on the relief I get, I'd say only 70% of my usage now is medicinal, with the other 30% being 'enjoyment' where I specifically evaluate strains against one another for the purposes of our reviews.)

Bassdrop30 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:00 pm
xsinx wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:53 am
I know weed is weed...but I'm refering to the use of it. I often see people who need weed for medical purposes buying off moms, which is what motivated my question. If you do really need weed for medicinal purposes, need a lab test etc, why arent these people buying off LPs (legal medical sources) instead of buying off moms?
All cannabis has medicinal purposes, as well as "recreational" purposes. With that being said.. I'll re-iderate on the fact that the government regulated cannabis simply costs too much and it seems strange with what's happening with it. So Kudos to the MOMs... or maybe that answer sucks. . Lol

416Strains.ca wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:12 pm
Bassdrop30 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:00 pm I know weed is weed...but I'm refering to the use of it. I often see people who need weed for medical purposes buying off moms, which is what motivated my question. If you do really need weed for medicinal purposes, need a lab test etc, why arent these people buying off LPs (legal medical sources) instead of buying off moms?
Can only comment for myself, but prior to our website late last fall, 95% of my consumption was medicinal and I chose to do painstaking research on the r/CanadianMoMs sub for months as I slowly got ready to make my own orders. (My partner sourced for me previously, and used to also spend time researching reliable sources)

Primary consideration was quality vs price, secondary considerations were reliability of availability and selection. Have to say that legal options aren't better despite available lab results on every strain, especially if you are capable of doing your own research to find those good, reliable alternative sources.

(A big motivation for our website was my personal hopes of helping other medicinal users, like myself previously, source reliable, medicinally-effective strains from reputable, trusted alternative sources if they couldn't afford the insane LP subscriptions. Happy to say my health has been steadily improving over the past year, so while I'm still super careful about not increasing my tolerance irresponsibly since I rely on the relief I get, I'd say only 70% of my usage now is medicinal, with the other 30% being 'enjoyment' where I specifically evaluate strains against one another for the purposes of our reviews.)
Hey! That's what I decided to do lol. Seems to be going good. It's interesting how similar some of these strains are to the actual "government regulated prescription cannabis".

A MoM like us, work on getting products in that are what we feel to be at a great value. New strains come and go. Let's say we only grabbed a pound or half a pound... not knowing if we would get it again. To add to the cost of the product to get it tested, yeah it could work but we don't. Like a poster mentioned, we do get our info from the top 3 most reliable sites to get the lowest and highest THC/CBD levels and post that for it's details. That's always been my answer to this question. That also being said, a company like Twisted Extracts that we are glad to have on board, do all their lab tests on their edibles, which is shown and available.

Maybe this will change one day but this is how it is in this Industry in most cases, I would assume and guess. Maybe that will change one day, I don't know. SO, for many of our Cannabis Products, please just use our THC/CBD content that's listed as just a high and low that has been tested on that certain strain (not product) by other parties.

When it does come to Marijuana for strictly medicinal uses, I think that the user or patient has to do some of their due diligence, either deal with companies that make sure to have accurate lab tests (hope they are not fudging their numbers, which is also a possibility) and pay the premium price OR roll the dice with MoM's like myself that that will save you some cash AND probably have a better product anyways.

If we can fairly grade our products, A-AAAA and trust us doing so, there is enough research that you can do online to get an idea of what that product contains or have an educated guess anyways.

Patients/Recreational Users have choices.

My 2 cents that would have costed 3 cents if it was lab tested.

King Tuts wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:41 pm A MoM like us, work on getting products in that are what we feel to be at a great value. New strains come and go. Let's say we only grabbed a pound or half a pound... not knowing if we would get it again. To add to the cost of the product to get it tested, yeah it could work but we don't. Like a poster mentioned, we do get our info from the top 3 most reliable sites to get the lowest and highest THC/CBD levels and post that for it's details. That's always been my answer to this question. That also being said, a company like Twisted Extracts that we are glad to have on board, do all their lab tests on their edibles, which is shown and available.

Maybe this will change one day but this is how it is in this Industry in most cases, I would assume and guess. Maybe that will change one day, I don't know. SO, for many of our Cannabis Products, please just use our THC/CBD content that's listed as just a high and low that has been tested on that certain strain (not product) by other parties.

When it does come to Marijuana for strictly medicinal uses, I think that the user or patient has to do some of their due diligence, either deal with companies that make sure to have accurate lab tests (hope they are not fudging their numbers, which is also a possibility) and pay the premium price OR roll the dice with MoM's like myself that that will save you some cash AND probably have a better product anyways.

If we can fairly grade our products, A-AAAA and trust us doing so, there is enough research that you can do online to get an idea of what that product contains or have an educated guess anyways.

Patients/Recreational Users have choices.

My 2 cents that would have costed 3 cents if it was lab tested.
Of course you're the first MOM to comment on this, lol. You guys are great! Thank you very much.. that definitely makes sense to me. Guaranteed you would have a LOT more business if your products had at least the thc and cbd content. I see what you mean, it will take some time to work up to that point. I'm just hoping all MOMs can do it asap, that way everyone can benefit.... thanks again KT!
KT=10/10 😊

Bassdrop30 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:48 pm I can understand the price differences, I can understand that moms offer lower-priced product...But to my understanding when used with a prescription through LPs a large chunk of the cost is tax-deductible...Personally if I used medically instead of recreationally, I would want most of the cost reimbursed, no?
You're totally right.. that's why I still have all my receipts from my prescription LPs... but even with that, it's still expensive lol. So thumbs up to MOMs

[/quote]

Of course you're the first MOM to comment on this, lol. You guys are great! Thank you very much.. that definitely makes sense to me. Guaranteed you would have a LOT more business if your products had at least the thc and cbd content. I see what you mean, it will take some time to work up to that point. I'm just hoping all MOMs can do it asap, that way everyone can benefit.... thanks again KT!
KT=10/10 😊
[/quote]

I was probably one of the first to read up on this topic to throw in how we do it and why. We do call our customers members, so please always ask away if you have questions. I'll be honest :)

Ganjawest said that they are looking into getting their testing done, which is great! I know there are quite a few MoMs in the Vancouver area, like us. It would be kinda cool if a few if a bunch of us invested in the instrumentation or equipment to do the testing that we all had access to. Or maybe I will just ask Tony for it for Christmas haha

Ganjawest wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:33 pm We're working towards getting all our new cannabis strains lab tested so we can stay as transparent as possible. yes this does raise the cost of our product but its the price ganjawest as a company is willing to pay to make sure the consumers know what there getting.
Yah I saw that. That's awesome, good job! Makes me more excited for my next order with you guys. ☺

King Tuts wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:47 pm
KT=10/10 😊
[/quote]

I was probably one of the first to read up on this topic to throw in how we do it and why. We do call our customers members, so please always ask away if you have questions. I'll be honest :)

Ganjawest said that they are looking into getting their testing done, which is great! I know there are quite a few MoMs in the Vancouver area, like us. It would be kinda cool if a few if a bunch of us invested in the instrumentation or equipment to do the testing that we all had access to. Or maybe I will just ask Tony for it for Christmas haha
[/quote]

LOL yes indeed. That would be a very good idea. Your area should denitely throw some money and minds together for that... hopefully Santa's got your back. 😊

All I'm saying to this feed ......is that if moms had the same strain one listed at 220 with a data sheet and one at 190 with no data sheet both rated AAAA I'm going for 190 lol in terms of medical and wanting to know exact levels don't buy herb... buy pills, drinks edibles.....regulated THC at 10,20,50 etc and same goes for CBD even lab tested flower will change plant to plant of the same strain from the same grow lol even from the top bud to the lower, King Tut said it wisely previously let's keep it at two cents and have some trust in our moms that's the whole reason of this community...share report, recommend ...all of it the best part of mom's is having such a choice example ganja west,king Tut.....cheapweed everyone does it a little different giving us the customer our choices and preferences

Henderjo wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:50 pm All I'm saying to this feed ......is that if moms had the same strain one listed at 220 with a data sheet and one at 190 with no data sheet both rated AAAA I'm going for 190 lol in terms of medical and wanting to know exact levels don't buy herb... buy pills, drinks edibles.....regulated THC at 10,20,50 etc and same goes for CBD even lab tested flower will change plant to plant of the same strain from the same grow lol even from the top bud to the lower, King Tut said it wisely previously let's keep it at two cents and have some trust in our moms that's the whole reason of this community...share report, recommend ...all of it the best part of mom's is having such a choice example ganja west,king Tut.....cheapweed everyone does it a little different giving us the customer our choices and preferences
Yes I'm with KT and GW on this 1. Both have good replies to this, and both are great MOMs I think. Could help with business if MOMs do end up doing it. I'm fine if they don't, that's how it was before legalization. Lol

I don't think it is practical for MOMs to do testing. They may have dozens of strains and new ones coming all the time. I think it makes more sense for the growers to do the testing. They are typically producing large crops of a few strains, so the cost would be more manageable. They are most often ACMPR licensed, so labs could accept their samples. It also would give them metrics to dial in their rooms, they could see how they are improving from crop to crop, if they flushed long enough, or had undetected pathogens, etc. Then they could start marketing facts rather than hype, maybe even retire the subjective A grading system.

HighFive wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:01 pm I don't think it is practical for MOMs to do testing. They may have dozens of strains and new ones coming all the time. I think it makes more sense for the growers to do the testing. They are typically producing large crops of a few strains, so the cost would be more manageable. They are most often ACMPR licensed, so labs could accept their samples. It also would give them metrics to dial in their rooms, they could see how they are improving from crop to crop, if they flushed long enough, or had undetected pathogens, etc. Then they could start marketing facts rather than hype, maybe even retire the subjective A grading system.
I see. That's a really good answer, that does make more sense to me now. Maybe more growers can possibly start more testing of their products, even that I can see creating a nuisance... I only thought this so the "black market" or "semi-illegal" aspects can possibly be dropped..
Thanks for your response! 😊

for us at the present time, mostly because the effects of weed depend more on just the thc/cbd content, which is all the basic test covers, it doesnt seem worth it with our stock level and frequent stock changes. (the amount of tests we would have to do and the amount of times we would need to test something)
I've also had some "tested" 14% thc weed knock me on my ass more than "tested" 20% thc weed, so i personally think a basic test is useless. And we're not a place you wanna look for any "medicinal" purposes (looking for CBD strains - stuff like that).

the main reason for the gov testing is for pesticides etc. to prove the weed is safe to consume, so adding in the tests with just thc/cbd content isn't going to do anything to dispel "black-market" or "semi-illegal" from the equation in our opinion.

Ghost Drops wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:49 pm for us at the present time, mostly because the effects of weed depend more on just the thc/cbd content, which is all the basic test covers, it doesnt seem worth it with our stock level and frequent stock changes. (the amount of tests we would have to do and the amount of times we would need to test something)
I've also had some "tested" 14% thc weed knock me on my ass more than "tested" 20% thc weed, so i personally think a basic test is useless. And we're not a place you wanna look for any "medicinal" purposes (looking for CBD strains - stuff like that).

the main reason for the gov testing is for pesticides etc. to prove the weed is safe to consume, so adding in the tests with just thc/cbd content isn't going to do anything to dispel "black-market" or "semi-illegal" from the equation in our opinion.
Yes, thc % doesn't really matter too much for how "medicated" you get lol. For consumers like me, it's just really handy to know. My main point for my question is because I think it would help increase the business profile of each MOM. I'm starting to think that it would be very handy if the growers could do some sort of testing (thc, cbd, pesticides and molds mainly)... I still don't mind the old fashioned way at all, its what Ive been accustomed to since I started using cannabis... the tests I'm talking about aren't just the thc/cbd tests.. but if the cannabis is known to be safe to consume, then the outreach to the customers would increase immensely .. which would take MOMs out of categories they shouldn't be in... very good response though, thank you! You guys are constantly educating me.

HighFive wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:01 pm I don't think it is practical for MOMs to do testing. They may have dozens of strains and new ones coming all the time. I think it makes more sense for the growers to do the testing. They are typically producing large crops of a few strains, so the cost would be more manageable. They are most often ACMPR licensed, so labs could accept their samples. It also would give them metrics to dial in their rooms, they could see how they are improving from crop to crop, if they flushed long enough, or had undetected pathogens, etc. Then they could start marketing facts rather than hype, maybe even retire the subjective A grading system.
👌🏼