Site issues follow-up

Hey all,

Just wanted to update you all on the downtime we've had recently.

The summary of the situation is that we've been hit HARD by DDOS, and we've taken many steps to prevent this from happening again in the future.

I'll update this post as I get more info.

IMPORTANT: If you have any issues signing in, email me at [email protected], or message me on Discord.

Cheers and thanks for your patience all.

Capt / Admin team

Re: Site issues follow-up

cheapweedca wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:55 pm I feel for Capt,

Myself got attacked very hard

If you search up 4-5 other reputable MOM's they also have cloudflare DDOs protection on and they were also offline

I feel like random websites are getting attacked and targetted

But thanks to everyone's patience!
Tried to login to complete order but site is down. Sorry to hear you're having issues over at CW.

Re: Site issues follow-up

cheapweedca wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:55 pm I feel for Capt,

Myself got attacked very hard

If you search up 4-5 other reputable MOM's they also have cloudflare DDOs protection on and they were also offline

I feel like random websites are getting attacked and targetted

But thanks to everyone's patience!
Thedopehaus was the first to be hit a few months ago. Seems like it was a tester for this large wave as it's a lesser known and newer site.
In an email from them on May 3rd (just before being fully shut down)

"We have had someone trying to hack the website. Unsuccessful, yet it causes a whole slew of issues.
Currently our tech team is working on solving this issue but right now the site is down which causes issue with getting anything going out.

We are hoping to have things come back up soon. Looks like another MoM did not like our competition so trying to take out our site."