How can you still have Cheapweed ads?

With all this bullshit going on why I am seeing a cheapweed banner ad on every single page? You're still directing people to them, implying they're trusted, and that's unacceptable. Or do any of you somehow still trust cheapweed after the literal nonsense they've put out?
I thought the whole point of this forum was to help protect MoM users. Having that banner ad on *every single page* is doing the opposite.

Re: How can you still have Cheapweed ads?

EDIT: The ad is now gone for good.

Original post:

Hey, that’s a great question. I’ll post the same explanation I posted last night on discord, and hopefully this answers everything in full.

CW has officially lost their established status on the MOMList, Discord and the forum. I moved them over to community issues on the list (scroll all the way to the bottom - see https://goo.gl/qCX9PT). About the banner, since many have asked: I want it gone as much as any of you, as we don’t want to officially recommend them after the empty box fiasco. Unfortunately, we accepted the sponsorship when they were reliable, and we used the funds to pay for expensive server costs. Due to this, we’re stuck with the banner for 2 more weeks. But bear with us and it will be gone shortly!

Prior to this situation, CW was known as one of the biggest bulk providers and MOMs out there. We had no way of predicting this disaster. If we had known, we never would have moved forward. When the ad is set up, the buyer purchases an ad slot for a certain amount of time. In the case, it was paid for until mid-July. As mentioned above, the ads will be gone very soon.

captcrunch wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:24 am Hey, that’s a great question. I’ll post the same explanation I posted last night on discord, and hopefully this answers everything in full.

CW has officially lost their established status on the MOMList, Discord and the forum. I moved them over to community issues on the list (scroll all the way to the bottom - see https://goo.gl/qCX9PT). About the banner, since many have asked: I want it gone as much as any of you, as we don’t want to officially recommend them after the empty box fiasco. Unfortunately, we accepted the sponsorship when they were reliable, and we used the funds to pay for expensive server costs. Due to this, we’re stuck with the banner for 2 more weeks. But bear with us and it will be gone shortly!

Prior to this situation, CW was known as one of the biggest bulk providers and MOMs out there. When had no way of predicting this disaster. If we had known, we never would have moved forward. When the ad is set up, the buyer purchases an ad slot for a certain amount of time. In the case, it was paid for until mid-July. As mentioned above, the ads will be gone very soon.
Informative, thank you.

I think a more reasonable approach would be to pull the ad until the situation is fixed. Just note how much time is left and they can have it when they sorted out their shit.

When you started with the ads, I quit my mod position over it and I remember clearly telling you about the possibility of an issue raising with a banner MOM, telling you that it would put you into a position that cannot be held. Well here you have it.

I still don't think it's an exit scam, but I don't feel Tony's solution is acceptable. I understand and empathize with Tony and all affected clients, but this is ridiculous, I can't believe Tony doesn't have enough stock to reship a few days worth of orders.

Big loss but no business should be strapped to the point of being unable to absorb this.

I can understand the issue about the pre-paid advertisement and wanting to give them the agreed upon amount of time.

However, it should be forfeit if they cannot maintain their trusted status.

I think the community here would agree that if you can't (or won't) pull it down, there should be a stickied warning about purchasing from them "at your own risk". They should be blacklisted for what they've done, not just moved to "community issues" on the list.

As I see it, Candianmom.info's reputation is also on the line here. The ad should be pulled.

Fireb wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:49 pm I can understand the issue about the pre-paid advertisement and wanting to give them the agreed upon amount of time.

However, it should be forfeit if they cannot maintain their trusted status.

I think the community here would agree that if you can't (or won't) pull it down, there should be a stickied warning about purchasing from them "at your own risk". They should be blacklisted for what they've done, not just moved to "community issues" on the list.

As I see it, Candianmom.info's reputation is also on the line here. The ad should be pulled.
I'm sure they'll tell you it was a business ethics decision to keep it up, but then you have to think about the responsibility to protect the users from scam artists, not advertise one to them. I see the update but the fact they had to be pressured to remove it already ruined their reputation. Not to mention the MOM list is a mess and has MOMs listed as established that haven't existed for months.

urnapple wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:06 pm Not to mention the MOM list is a mess and has MOMs listed as established that haven't existed for months.
I’d love to work with you on cleaning up the out of business MOMs. Since we aren’t frequently checking all Established MOMs to make sure they’re staying up, sometimes it can be a while before it is noticed. If you DM me with any dead link (here or Discord), I will quickly remove it from the MOMlist! As a community we can definitely improve it.

captcrunch wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:15 pm
urnapple wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:06 pm Not to mention the MOM list is a mess and has MOMs listed as established that haven't existed for months.
I’d love to work with you on cleaning up the out of business MOMs. Since we aren’t frequently checking all Established MOMs to make sure they’re staying up, sometimes it can be a while before it is noticed. If you DM me with any dead link (here or Discord), I will quickly remove it from the MOMlist! As a community we can definitely improve it.
Sorry just everywhere I look I feel like he's getting off easy.
Anyway, The Dope Haus (tomgreene on here) has been offline forever and Recmeds is Sabrina's World. I guess they're under new and not established, but still. And Green Society has more community issues than any other MOM currently in that section.

UPDATE: Really glad to announce that the CW ad is GONE for good!
urnapple wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:46 pm Sorry just everywhere I look I feel like he's getting off easy.
Anyway, The Dope Haus (tomgreene on here) has been offline forever and Recmeds is Sabrina's World. I guess they're under new and not established, but still. And Green Society has more community issues than any other MOM currently in that section.
Thank you. TheDopeHaus has been removed (added to offline/out of business section). I will investigate Recmeds and Green Society and follow up with you!

I know I have an abrasive image and appear to be out for blood but I just stand up for what I think is right, and I have to say that it's far too common for websites to just copy/paste tedious writing work so I'm not sure we have enough evidence about the Weed Royale thing. Not saying I do think it's true but if you listen to reddit Tony owns 95% of all MOMs

Edit: @realgrimm Here's a screenshot of before and after https://imgur.com/a/5PLuSo7