Re: Cheapweed - July 10th 2019 - UPDATE =D

Ericbig324 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:14 pm
justMe wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:05 pm
WhiteRabit wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:51 am

Again, I agree man. I have literally heard nothing from Tony. No emails, texts, calls. The first week was pretty fucking rough on me... I placed an order to prevent my medical issues from getting out of control only to be potentially ripped off.... Thats a pretty dangerous combination. But I don't want to carry that feeling around so I'll give Tony the benefit and see what happens.

I think one of the biggest issues is reddit and the mom community went ape shit. Calling for his head within like 2 days. I guarantee his emails were lit up with "fuck you asshole" etc which in no way helped anything. I get it... Recieving an empty box (or in my case nothing) will piss people off or hurt people in serious ways. At the end of the day all we can do is give the guy time to come through on his word.
I'm sure his emails were in the 10's of thousands if you believe his daily numbers (order#s). But he knows every single customer's email address who placed an order on the 5 days affected. He could have easily communicated with us personally - He wouldn't even have to read a single email. And his whole thing saying not all packages were affected is BS. There would be more than the 1 person on Reddit who said he received his package during the affected period.

On any given day he would normally have 400 orders to fill, 400 e-transfers to accept, and 400 confirmation emails to send out. Why hasn't he used his free time, while the shop is closed, to give a personal response to everyone affected. Especially contact the people who had orders placed but not mailed. The whole reason I suggested FINTRAC is because he is acting shady and is going to ruin things for all MOMs. This whole helping one person a week makes things look even shadier - as if he is trying to buy time. I've seen 2-3 people who have received their replacement or have a new tracking number indicating the replacement is on the way - why hasn't he addressed his reasoning for choosing these 2-3 people? Is it because he's buying time? I don't know... but the longer we wait to do anything, the less chance we'll have of teaching "Tony" a lesson.
Still trying to tell him how he should run his illegal business? Get outta here!
And you're telling me how to handle being ripped off when I purchase illegal weed... Pot kettle.

There are bare minimum expectations that I have of any company, illegal or not. If a customer contacts you, I think it's reasonable to expect some kind of response in the next few days/weeks especially if your out hundreds/thousands of dollars.

If he can't do it himself, he could at least get one of his cronies to do it. Seriously... what have they been doing this whole time? Surely a Canada post investigation doesn't take all your time 24/7... Oh yeah I almost forgot, you had the investigation concluded in the first week 😅

justMe wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:23 pm
xsinx wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:07 pm
I was not affected by this scandal. That said I think what you are proposing here is absolutely insane. You don't get authorities, whichever they are, involved in this business, it will not help anyone or do anything good to anyone.

First off, this is clearly not a classic scam. I don't believe the CP story myself, but despite that it's clear Tony didn't run away with the money and he's doing something about it (several clients reported getting 25%, some refunds, etc so clearly, whatever happened, Tony is trying to own up to it. By involving authorities, you will make it impossible for Tony to do anything, so you are hurting clients more than helping anyone.

Be patient and if it ends up being a scam, soak it up like a man. Shit happens. I got ripped in drug deals a few times, I used those experiences to wisen up and I've never been q fucking rat about it.
If I knew where "Tony" lived, I'd take care of it myself, but I don't. I will not let some random dude rob me without payback. He took my money and didn't even send anything in the mail - so he stole from me - I don't take theft lightly, and my only recourse is FINTRAC. I've not done it yet... and I don't want to do it. I'm not stupid - I know if I report him to FINTRAC they will take his money, take his house, take his product - He will be ruined. But that's the point - Don't fuck with my money and I won't fuck with your life.

But this "Some people have received 25% off" excuse is bullshit. 25% off what? His site is still shut down. As for refunds - I personally have seen nobody report that they have received a refund - I only saw "tony's" claim that he has sent refunds. I've seen 2-3 people who say they received product or it's on the way - but that just leads to more questions - why these 3 people... what makes them special. I personally have not even received a single reply from him or his company, and I know I'm not the only one.
you reporting him will just screw us all. use your brain

bcbuddy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:40 pm There are bare minimum expectations that I have of any company, illegal or not. If a customer contacts you, I think it's reasonable to expect some kind of response in the next few days/weeks especially if your out hundreds/thousands of dollars.

If he can't do it himself, he could at least get one of his cronies to do it. Seriously... what have they been doing this whole time? Surely a Canada post investigation doesn't take all your time 24/7... Oh yeah I almost forgot, you had the investigation concluded in the first week 😅
It's like you are reading my mind! He could have told me - I'll have your replacement in the mail by July 31st and I would have been satisfied with that. I'd wait patiently for the 31st. Instead, he has done nothing but complain about how he is being treated and post to random forums - forcing me to find his latest post to see what's up.

PaulSherwood wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:42 pm
xsinx wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:07 pm
I was not affected by this scandal. That said I think what you are proposing here is absolutely insane. You don't get authorities, whichever they are, involved in this business, it will not help anyone or do anything good to anyone.

First off, this is clearly not a classic scam. I don't believe the CP story myself, but despite that it's clear Tony didn't run away with the money and he's doing something about it (several clients reported getting 25%, some refunds, etc so clearly, whatever happened, Tony is trying to own up to it. By involving authorities, you will make it impossible for Tony to do anything, so you are hurting clients more than helping anyone.

Be patient and if it ends up being a scam, soak it up like a man. Shit happens. I got ripped in drug deals a few times, I used those experiences to wisen up and I've never been q fucking rat about it.
If I knew where "Tony" lived, I'd take care of it myself, but I don't. I will not let some random dude rob me without payback. He took my money and didn't even send anything in the mail - so he stole from me - I don't take theft lightly, and my only recourse is FINTRAC. I've not done it yet... and I don't want to do it. I'm not stupid - I know if I report him to FINTRAC they will take his money, take his house, take his product - He will be ruined. But that's the point - Don't fuck with my money and I won't fuck with your life.

But this "Some people have received 25% off" excuse is bullshit. 25% off what? His site is still shut down. As for refunds - I personally have seen nobody report that they have received a refund - I only saw "tony's" claim that he has sent refunds. I've seen 2-3 people who say they received product or it's on the way - but that just leads to more questions - why these 3 people... what makes them special. I personally have not even received a single reply from him or his company, and I know I'm not the only one.
Thanks, Sherlock, I didn't know how this works.

That's why I came here first... to see how everyone felt. I feel we will not get our money or product at this point - so I've made up my mind. I wanted to test the waters with everyone else who was robbed to see if it was time to shut him down permanently. But keep slinging the insults.

justMe wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:48 pm

That's why I came here first... to see how everyone felt. I feel we will not get our money or product at this point - so I've made up my mind. I wanted to test the waters with everyone else who was robbed to see if it was time to shut him down permanently. But keep slinging the insults.
My problem with that is that you came up with this conclusion on your own and are now looking to shut him down permanently, ok this MAY or may not be a scam, we don’t really know yet and if we wait at least we won’t get burnt, if we report him and he gets busted no one gets anything so clearly the right option for now is to wait. Not trying to disrespect anyone here I know it’s fkn frustrating but I’m still a little hopeful.

Ericbig324 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:56 pm

My problem with that is that you came up with this conclusion on your own and are now looking to shut him down permanently, ok this MAY or may not be a scam, we don’t really know yet and if we wait at least we won’t get burnt, if we report him and he gets busted no one gets anything so clearly the right option for now is to wait. Not trying to disrespect anyone here I know it’s fkn frustrating but I’m still a little hopeful.
We have no idea if "we won't be burnt" at this point. We only know what "Tony" tells us, and the 2-3 random people in this forum are saying... I.e. They have replacement packages already or on the way. He (Tony) is leaving the rest up to our imagination. And typically it takes a month or 2 to properly 'integrate' laundered money, so if it is a scam and he's cleaning his money while buying time with his random posts - then we are running out of time to at least 'punish' him for ripping off the community. Obviously, I want a good outcome for all - But I also don't want this guy sinking into the night with my money. I'd rather it be seized by the government than have him spend it in the Carribean.

justMe wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:05 pm

We have no idea if "we won't be burnt" at this point. We only know what "Tony" tells us, and the 2-3 random people in this forum are saying... I.e. They have replacement packages already or on the way. He (Tony) is leaving the rest up to our imagination. And typically it takes a month or 2 to properly 'integrate' laundered money, so if it is a scam and he's cleaning his money while buying time with his random posts - then we are running out of time to at least 'punish' him for ripping off the community. Obviously, I want a good outcome for all - But I also don't want this guy sinking into the night with my money. I'd rather it be seized by the government than have him spend it in the Carribean.
Revenge often hurts you more than anyone else, also, whether he’s in jail or in the Carribean, is that going to affect/change your life? Let it go bud.

you didnt come here to get anyones opinion. u came here seeking justification for being a rat. your no better then tony. u r going to screw everyone and piss us all off just as much as we are all mad at tony. u will be the blame for hundreds of people getting nothin!!! im on disability and i lost half my dam check!!! so whos really suffering here? u want all of us medical patients to get nothing just so u can be a rat?? piss off!!!

Ericbig324 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Revenge often hurts you more than anyone else, also, whether he’s in jail or in the Carribean, is that going to affect/change your life? Let it go bud.
I don't let things go... That would be my OCD and one of the reasons I smoke pot - which I'm still waiting for and the reason my OCD is on overdrive right now.

PaulSherwood wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:10 pm

you didnt come here to get anyones opinion. u came here seeking justification for being a rat. your no better then tony. u r going to screw everyone and piss us all off just as much as we are all mad at tony. u will be the blame for hundreds of people getting nothin!!! im on disability and i lost half my dam check!!! so whos really suffering here? u want all of us medical patients to get nothing just so u can be a rat?? piss off!!!
Go fuck yourself Eric. I'm mostly in the same boat as you - I don't have anything in my budget to replace what Tony stole from me. I've had a medical card for pot since it was first legalized. I could have submitted a report a long time ago. I don't need a justification to do it. I really don't care what others think of me - I was looking for opinions on what others thought. I obviously will not take your opinion into account though. And in case you forgot, go fuck yourself.

justMe wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:12 pm
Ericbig324 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:08 pm

I don't let things go... That would be my OCD and one of the reasons I smoke pot - which I'm still waiting for and the reason my OCD is on overdrive right now.
It’s all in your head.
You don’t let things go? Maybe you should for your sake.

justMe wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:15 pm

Go fuck yourself Eric. I'm mostly in the same boat as you - I don't have anything in my budget to replace what Tony stole from me. I've had a medical card for pot since it was first legalized. I could have submitted a report a long time ago. I don't need a justification to do it. I really don't care what others think of me - I was looking for opinions on what others thought. I obviously will not take your opinion into account though. And in case you forgot, go fuck yourself.

You think crying to me online is gonna fix things? I have news for you bud... it’s not.

Ericbig324 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:17 pm

You think crying to me online is gonna fix things? I have news for you bud... it’s not.
You must have forgot... go fuck yourself.

justMe wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:18 pm
Ericbig324 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:17 pm

lol ok bud
You must have forgot... go fuck yourself.

justMe wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:12 am Hello All,

I've waited just about as long as I can for "Tony" or @cheapweedca to respond to my email and make good on his obligations. I've sent him polite emails, I've sent him angry emails, only to have him completely ignore me - not unlike most people in this community.

Hell, I've even offered, free of charge, to help him deal with creating a few email merges to assist him with communicating with his customers.

I'm one of many who ordered on the 25/26th and had our transfer accepted only to have nothing sent out. I've thought long and hard about what I can do to get my money back - but there just doesn't seem to be an easy answer. Since we are all involved in illegal activity, the banks just don't care. BUT - the government does care about laundering money. The way cheapweedca handles their eTransfers is considered concealing the source of funds (by telling us to not use his business name and instead use something like 'cheap auto parts'. That in itself is the definition of money laundering.

It is pretty simple to report him to FINTRAC via --> https://www15.fintrac-canafe.gc.ca/vir- ... anization/ - We have his URL, his phone number, his emails with instructions on how to conceal the source of funds and the money transfer email - With that FINTRAC would have little trouble hunting him down and charging him with ML. Any monies he collected through the EFTs would be seized, he would be placed on AML and Terrorist watch lists and be banned from banking anywhere in Canada again. By law, FINTRAC must keep the reporter's identity secret unless compelled by a court to release that information, which is very unlikely in my opinion. (I've worked in Fraud and AML for 15+ years)

I get that this is a 'nuclear' option as it would eliminate any possibility of getting anything from him or CW, but if we wait any longer there might not be anything left for FINTRAC to chase down. At least this way Tony would be taught a lesson and he won't be able to open a new site and do this all over again.

I'd like to hear what the community thinks of this before I go ahead. If any of you have thoughts on this, please let me know.

I'll take all your opinions into account before I go ahead with the 'nuclear' option - but I'm done waiting for "Tony" to make things right.

Thanks,

JustMe
You have my support 👍 Will teach other moms not to fuck over their clients. To the members who actually still have their hopes up of getting a complete refund your fooling yourselves and are being naive. Have you never been fucked over before ?!? This whole fiasco reeks of a scam. There’s so many mom alternatives it’s not even worth risking money again with CW.

PaulSherwood wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:12 pm at least give it a few more weeks and see what develops. is that really hurt you?? no!!!!
As I've said multiple times - I'll let the community weigh in and we'll go from there. I really don't want to do this - 1) CW was a decent MOM, I never had an issue. 2) many people are relying on getting their meds or buzz 3) I don't want to unfairly ruin a man's (tony's) career and life 4) I want my meds.

But so far, I'm in the minority - so we'll see.
Last edited by justMe on Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NorthernFarmer wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:21 pm

I've waited just about as long as I can for "Tony" or @cheapweedca to respond to my email and make good on his obligations. I've sent him polite emails, I've sent him angry emails, only to have him completely ignore me - not unlike most people in this community.

Hell, I've even offered, free of charge, to help him deal with creating a few email merges to assist him with communicating with his customers.

I'm one of many who ordered on the 25/26th and had our transfer accepted only to have nothing sent out. I've thought long and hard about what I can do to get my money back - but there just doesn't seem to be an easy answer. Since we are all involved in illegal activity, the banks just don't care. BUT - the government does care about laundering money. The way cheapweedca handles their eTransfers is considered concealing the source of funds (by telling us to not use his business name and instead use something like 'cheap auto parts'. That in itself is the definition of money laundering.

It is pretty simple to report him to FINTRAC via --> https://www15.fintrac-canafe.gc.ca/vir- ... anization/ - We have his URL, his phone number, his emails with instructions on how to conceal the source of funds and the money transfer email - With that FINTRAC would have little trouble hunting him down and charging him with ML. Any monies he collected through the EFTs would be seized, he would be placed on AML and Terrorist watch lists and be banned from banking anywhere in Canada again. By law, FINTRAC must keep the reporter's identity secret unless compelled by a court to release that information, which is very unlikely in my opinion. (I've worked in Fraud and AML for 15+ years)

I get that this is a 'nuclear' option as it would eliminate any possibility of getting anything from him or CW, but if we wait any longer there might not be anything left for FINTRAC to chase down. At least this way Tony would be taught a lesson and he won't be able to open a new site and do this all over again.

I'd like to hear what the community thinks of this before I go ahead. If any of you have thoughts on this, please let me know.

I'll take all your opinions into account before I go ahead with the 'nuclear' option - but I'm done waiting for "Tony" to make things right.

Thanks,

JustMe
You have my support 👍 Will teach other moms not to fuck over their clients. To the members who actually still have their hopes up of getting a complete refund your fooling yourselves and are being naive. Have you never been fucked over before ?!? This whole fiasco reeks of a scam. There’s so many mom alternatives it’s not even worth risking money again with CW.
Thanks, Farmer - So far we are in the minority - but the day is still young. ;)

NorthernFarmer wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:21 pm

Thanks,

JustMe

Yeah fkn genius eh, not even sure it’s a scam yet but let’s assume it is and fuck ourselves over, I still have an order that wasn’t shipped, obviously I’m gonna have to get it before I order more, he just opened this thread on the 11th with the new email for delayed orders, some guy got his on Friday the 12th of July, I checked the tracking and he was in BC, things are slowly coming together and everyone is looking to report him. He better hurry the fk up shipping those orders, or at least mine because I’m not talking to authorities.

NorthernFarmer wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:38 pm
bcbuddy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:32 pm Geez I thought the community has already weighed in... Hence the blacklisted status.

Why have a Mom list if people ignore the warnings?
Hell I guess some people just don’t know the value of money and are willing to risk it. I lost 500$ to Tony and I don’t take that lightly. I had to work 40 hours for that.
Probably doesn’t bother me as much because I only work 10 hours for 500$
Sorry to hear you’re also out.

Here’s a side note, don’t you think if this was a scam and he’s planning on opening again to scam more don’t you think he’d at least try to make himself more credible? I mean the way he’s acting shows it’s a scam but he’s saying otherwise. I think if this actually is/were a scam he’s not doing a good job showing it’s not...
think about it, seems like he wants to open again, well better get to work because no one believes you.

Ericbig324 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:04 pm Here’s a side note, don’t you think if this was a scam and he’s planning on opening again to scam more don’t you think he’d at least try to make himself more credible? I mean the way he’s acting shows it’s a scam but he’s saying otherwise. I think if this actually is/were a scam he’s not doing a good job showing it’s not...
think about it, seems like he wants to open again, well better get to work because no one believes you.
I don't know what he's doing... the way he is managing this doesn't make sense, and as Judge Judy says "If it doesn't make sense, it's not true." Which is why I came for opinions. Funny, you don't believe that I came for opinions - but you are willing to believe everything "Tony" says without evidence. Strange that.

PaulSherwood wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:09 pm i for one dont beleive canada post investigated. how could they, cw is illegal? what did tony do? go too his local cp and say ya i had million dollars of weed stole by u cp?? no he cant do that he be in jail!!! think about it! am i wrong??
CP is an arms-length branch of the government. They are not legally obliged to enforce drug laws. But - a 3 day investigation over a long weekend is suspect. ;)

justMe wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:09 pm
Ericbig324 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:04 pm Here’s a side note, don’t you think if this was a scam and he’s planning on opening again to scam more don’t you think he’d at least try to make himself more credible? I mean the way he’s acting shows it’s a scam but he’s saying otherwise. I think if this actually is/were a scam he’s not doing a good job showing it’s not...
I don't know what he's doing... the way he is managing this doesn't make sense, and as Judge Judy says "If it doesn't make sense, it's not true." Which is why I came for opinions. Funny, you don't believe that I came for opinions - but you are willing to believe everything "Tony" says without evidence. Strange that.
I never said I believed him...