Thinking of quitting weed

Well... Not exactly. Thinking of not using bud any more and just using distillate. 😁It's getting a little harsh on the throat, and am concerned about carsonagens and so forth.

I love smoking blunts, and almost all my doobs now contain distillate anyway. I was using a vaporizer but ended up going back to rolling because my wife and I were actually finding it harsher on the throat. Was getting a cloggy feeling.

I wasn't considering dabbling or anything, just ingesting the distillate orally. Is this a crazy idea?

Also would take way less time than rolling or packing a bong, and no smell either....

Re: Thinking of quitting weed

I love picking my bud, looking at my bud, rolling my bud, smelling my bud again...lol I love everything about bud ......you crazy lol and I like my distillate too but would die without my bud if you find your lungs are getting sore and coughing a lot try spending a little more on your herb the difference is huge a factor alot of people don't think about

I got a few grams of distillate here and I don't really use it. To me, the distillate buzz is so bland and depressing I'd rather not smoke than be stuck with only that. Not just that, a lot of distillate products are mixed with nasty thinners and I keep hearing horror stories about those, so I don't feel very safe smoking them.

If I were to give up bud/combustion, I'd definitely go for FSE extracts like Live Resin, Rosin, HTFSE, HCFSE, etc. All of those can be vaped and are full spectrum, so you don't have that flat and depressing buzz issue and using a Pico/Sai, e-nail or similar tool, you can consume them without any forms of thinners/additives, so you are smoking a 100% cannabis product. Still not as healthy as stopping altogether, but at least you know what's going into your lungs, there's no gamble.

Terpenes are important... Distillate lacks them. It's like an alcoholic saying he's switching to 100% alcohol. Sure, it'll get you drunk... but...

Xsinx I was thinking of using it orally, so no problem with the lungs, but appreciate the advice. Not sure I get the flat feeling you describe, distillate puts me on cloud 9,especially if I ingest enough it feels like I'm floating, or on some other plane of existence.

Maybe it's because I've only used it for the last year and the novelty hasn't worn off yet. My wife actually discovered it searching online. She was like "99% THC what the hell is that!"... And it's been our favourite product since.

Forgive my ignorance, but why are terps inportant? I mean this not sarcastically, but as an honest question. It's just for flavor right? WWCS has a full spectrum distillate. It was very good and I liked the taste of it better, but honestly preferred the hard hitting D9.

Henderjo I like your suggestion of higher end strains. Do you find the more expensive bud to be a lot smoother generally? Lately I have been in that mindset, which is why I've joined OKG. They are supposed to have some really nice albeit expensive strains. Some are around 1000 HP but look like better quality than I'm used to paying at cheapweed.ca for 600-700 HP.

And yeah, I love bud too and would probably miss smoking a blunt. Thinking smoking less/higher end is a good idea.

bcbuddy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:07 pm Xsinx I was thinking of using it orally, so no problem with the lungs, but appreciate the advice. Not sure I get the flat feeling you describe, distillate puts me on cloud 9,especially if I ingest enough it feels like I'm floating, or on some other plane of existence.

Maybe it's because I've only used it for the last year and the novelty hasn't worn off yet. My wife actually discovered it searching online. She was like "99% THC what the hell is that!"... And it's been our favourite product since.

Forgive my ignorance, but why are terps inportant? I mean this not sarcastically, but as an honest question. It's just for flavor right? WWCS has a full spectrum distillate. It was very good and I liked the taste of it better, but honestly preferred the hard hitting D9.

Henderjo I like your suggestion of higher end strains. Do you find the more expensive bud to be a lot smoother generally? Lately I have been in that mindset, which is why I've joined OKG. They are supposed to have some really nice albeit expensive strains. Some are around 1000 HP but look like better quality than I'm used to paying at cheapweed.ca for 600-700 HP.

And yeah, I love bud too and would probably miss smoking a blunt. Thinking smoking less/higher end is a good idea.
I guess it depends what you are looking for in weed. If you're looking to get confused and sleepy, distillate is going to do the trick. I personally don't like the sleepy effect, I feel if I fall asleep, I'm wasting my buzz, if that makes sense. I understand other people have different needs and expectations, if you're having sleep issues, it's definitely a good thing.

Terps are important because they are what gives your buzz personality. THC is just one of hundreds of different cannabinoids in cannabis, not all of them are psychoactive, but a lot of them are and they interact with each other, kinda like some meds mixed with alcohol will get you way more fucked than one or the other individually. This interaction between terpenes/cannabinoids and THC is called the "entourage effect". If you need a solid proof that it's a thing, just ask yourself how a strong sativa has a very strong head high with almost no body buzz, and a strong indica will have a strong body buzz and much less head high. THC is THC, and most sativas/indicas have similar THC content. It's the terpenes that makes the buzz vary wildly from one strain to another.

I did some tests eating different forms of cannabis, distillate was one of them. I took 500mg of raw distillate. Next week, I took 500mg of RSO (full spectrum alcohol extracted oil). The RSO got me much stoner and was a lot more fun.. The distillate I was buzzed, but it was a totally comatose and boring buzz, I was yawning the whole time and kept falling asleep and waking back up. The RSO was a proper nice trip, like smoking a joint x10, but for 24h straight (the distillate lasted about the same time).

I also have a vape pen that uses distillate... I smoked a few grams of it here and there and everytime, I'm surprised at how weak the buzz is for the amount I take... and 1h later, I'm drained and need a big nap to snap back, otherwise I'm a zombie. It's like THC alone just gives you the crash, without any of the fun/pleasant aspects.

I'm not judging, if you like distillate then by all means, go all out. If you ever feel like the buzz is no fun, think about what I've told you :)

Henderjo wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:49 pm I love picking my bud, looking at my bud, rolling my bud, smelling my bud again...lol I love everything about bud ......you crazy lol and I like my distillate too but would die without my bud if you find your lungs are getting sore and coughing a lot try spending a little more on your herb the difference is huge a factor alot of people don't think about
Man the buds are half the fun. Nothing like taking a big whiff of a freshly opened ounce and then picking a bud out and closely analyzing the trichome coverage. I use scissors to bust and I always shave off a few layers and then smell it. I also like just sitting there moving a joint back and forth under my nose like I'm playing the violin.

Plus I'm an ex cigarette smoker and just enjoy the act of smoking.

I love budddd. I must say, the choice in vaporizer does make a big difference. I'm using the Arizer Extreme Q right now and it's a pretty decent desktop unit as a cheap volcano alternative. If I get another vaporizer, it'll probably be a Dynavape, for use while camping/being out where I have no power.

That also said, if I stopped smoking and vaping entirely, I would move to edibles made with flower, for maximum terp control. If lazy, I would go back to my OG method of putting some RSO on a cracker with something on top to disguise it. RSO has more terp content than distillate. A more balanced high. I never really became too fond of distillate in my few tries. It feels flat to me.
Use my GanjaWest referral and I'll pet my cat in your honor.
(Cat petted chain modifier x4)

Geez guys I really appreciate the information, I feel like I'm going to college, and I mean that in a good way, of course you guys probably learned this in college LOL 😅

Xsinx I certainly believe you about the indica/sativa thing, it makes sense that THC can do different things, I just never realized that was the reason.

The chart from real Grimm was very cool and informative. Nice to have a visual like that. I am learning more on this post than I ever had with Google.📖

Its possible I need to experiment with different products, but at this current time my wife and I are Lovin distillate to the max, don't experience the flat effect to my knowledge. In fact, we've been joking that bud is just a filler for a distillate doob, a condoiuit for a higher purpose. 😇

When we ingest it feel a wave of euphoria like no edible has ever done. At times feel very energized and want to clean the whole house, and other times if taken enough dosage feel the sleepiness you describe. Such is my tolerance if I ignore that I trudge on with an awesome body stone. It must have some sativa like effects, as it puts a grin on my face, and at times energizes me with proper dosage. I also find it hard to do math, so that's a good sign 😉

I do believe different distillates have different effects. For example a D8 extract will have more relaxing qualities and a D9 will have more psychoactive effects. I always try to go with a D9. 👍

I can only talk based on my experiences, and I fully realize you guys know more about this than I. My wife brought up the going straight with distillate discussion last night at supper. Seems she's interested. Maybe we should go a week with just distillate and see how we feel. It would be a neat experiment.🤔

Quality bud and the humidity of your bud does make a big difference , the quality made of the vaporizer and how it heat it up is also important . I’m pretty sure you have used a cheap made vaporizer that actually kinda burn your weed that;s why it made you cough .
And not to forget the degree at which you heat it up , the problem with long time smokers when they vape is that they are not satisfied with the amount of “smoke” (kinda harsh throats feeling if you can put that way ) , and then they tend to put the heat too high to obtain that quantity of vapor , which is a big mistake ! Not only you will not taste and smell any of that good terpenes but you are actually almost burning your weed , and that cause the coughing.
For some , they just think that weed is just weed , all they want is to smoke a big blunt to get high and that’s it ! I personally, enjoy my weed as i was drinking some good wines , each and every strains are different in many way . I do enjoy to get high but i also want to enjoy my weed properly, for it’s taste, smell and buzz .
All in all , it take a bit of times to learn the proper technic to vape and then modify it into your own enjoyable technic of your liking . It’s not rocket science , it just need some time , patience, some observation and willing to learn how vaping work .

As for distillate, it’s big no for me , it taste like rubber either by ingestion or dabbing , and i definitely do not like the buzz of it , and too much of it , i’m flying out of space with some fucked up paranoia thoughts .
Distillate, it is like a 90% alcohol lol , taste like shit but will make you damn high , i rather have some rosin and live resin or any concentrates of it sort with lot tasty terpenes. I’m not sure but , i think distillate are made with a mix of strain , so it doesn’t give you a certain specific buzz , you just get fucked up that’s all . That;s why i never mix different strains together , i specifically like a certain buzz for a certain mood or time of day .