Re: Moms charging tax?

Ask a lawyer what's worse: selling illegal weed or not paying taxes. Also ask how the biker gangs were almost all booked in prison on tax fraud rather than drug dealing, prostitution and murders.

I would assume most MOMs pay taxes, or at least some.

xsinx wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:19 pm Ask a lawyer what's worse: selling illegal weed or not paying taxes. Also ask how the biker gangs were almost all booked in prison on tax fraud rather than drug dealing, prostitution and murders.

I agree 100%. I think a lot have "built in" GST to their prices as well.

Sensfan44 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:53 pm
xsinx wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:19 pm Ask a lawyer what's worse: selling illegal weed or not paying taxes. Also ask how the biker gangs were almost all booked in prison on tax fraud rather than drug dealing, prostitution and murders.

I agree 100%. I think a lot have "built in" GST to their prices as well.
does anybody know for sure weather or not moms actually pay taxes?

PaulSherwood wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:01 pmdoes anybody know for sure weather or not moms actually pay taxes?
All the ones I asked told me they did. But then again, anyone running such a business pretending otherwise would be dumb, so I'm fully expecting some were lying. I know a lot of MOMs are running a legit business on top of it and tend to get creative with finances (ie: classic money laundering) so I would not expect 100% of MOM revenues to be taxed.

Hey Guys!

Johnny from Theralife here.

Just wanted to give my 2 cents on this thread as we do charge tax but we definitely submit it.

Like mentioned before the worst thing you can do is run a company and have money coming in but not pay any taxes.

As in B.C after 2 years of not submitting taxes they will start an investigating and probably shut you down.

Hope this helps!

Johnny

Theralife wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:06 pm Hey Guys!

Johnny from Theralife here.

Just wanted to give my 2 cents on this thread as we do charge tax but we definitely submit it.

Like mentioned before the worst thing you can do is run a company and have money coming in but not pay any taxes.

As in B.C after 2 years of not submitting taxes they will start an investigating and probably shut you down.

Hope this helps!

Johnny
ty so much that answers my question :) my 2 cents i like it better when its built in instead of extra charges at checkout, just my preference :D

PaulSherwood wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:24 pmty so much that answers my question :) my 2 cents i like it better when its built in instead of extra charges at checkout, just my preference :D
Not sure how it is in the rest of Canada but in Quebec, you can't include tax in the price, it has to be charged separate. So even if you did charge full tax but didn't disclose taxes separately, you could get in trouble with the law.