BMWO 5A Grading System Explained

Hey folks,

We're aware that a part of the community is in strong disagreement with the way we grade our weed. So we thought of discussing this a bit. First off, we totally respect everyone's opinion and we don't mean to impose ours. The purpose of writing this is to just explain our stance regarding the 5A grading system. We're one of Canada's oldest MOMs and we are blessed to have a lot of contacts in the industry growing up in the heart of the cannabis movement in Canada and having been involved on the forefront. We're proud to have thousands of loyal customers who have been with us for quite some time now, and are in complete harmony with our grading system.

The grading system is actually an unending discussion and we could go on about this for hours. But there's absolutely no denying the fact that there's NO standard grading system whatsoever, anywhere in the world. That's the primary reason why we've adopted a system of our own to best serve our customers. At the end of the day, everyone has their own opinion and you're welcome to call our AAAAA a quad, an AAAA+, or whatever you like. It doesn't really matter. When we call a flower AAAAA, by no means are we trying to imply that it's better than another MOM's AAAA. All it means is that it's top of the line product from OUR inventory.

We went ahead and wrote a detailed post about this and we've tried to answer any questions/confusions you might have about our grading system. Hope this post serves the purpose of explaining why and how we run our 5A grading system.

https://buymyweedonline.com/mail-order- ... ng-system/

Michael,
BMWO Staff
Last edited by BuyMyWeedOnline on Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: BMWO 5A Grading System Explained

While I'm going to agree there isn't a standard grading system, 90% of MOMs in Canada are using the AAAA system. Out of the 10% left, another 90% is simply refusing to use any system and just let the prices and user reviews talk. You are the 1% that clinches to the 5A system.

The fact you have no A graded flower on your site pretty much confirms you're wrong to use it.

I don't see the point of fighting this from your end. It's the main reason you are getting ridiculed by the community, constantly.

Hey Fellows,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As stated in the post, we encourage you to call our AAAAA a quad, a true-quad, an AAAA+, or whatever else you like if that's what you prefer. We're aware that a large number of MOMs out there are using the A-AAAA grading system but that still doesn't change the fact that there's no standardized rating system in Canada, or anywhere else in the world.

Again, we respect everyone's opinion and it's not something we're trying to push. We've just put forward our stance with regards to our grading system. The way we see it, a grading system is simply a measure for assessing the quality of weed and our system meets this criterion. That's pretty much all there is to it. Cheers!

“Together, we form a necessary paradox; not a senseless contradiction.”
― Criss Jami, Healology

Michael,
BMWO Staff

Thank you for your comments. Please know that we have thousands of happy, loyal customers who have been with us for years now. A majority of our customers are seasoned consumers, both medical and recreational users. Most of them are aware of the A-AAAA grading system other dispensaries employ but they still do business with us and are happy with the 5A grading system we've adopted.

We'd also like to negate the notion that a majority of our customers are fresh consumers who are not aware of the different grading systems. Majority of our customers, in fact, have been with us for quite some time now. As stated in the post, there's no end to this discussion since everyone has an opinion and everyone is "right". So, let's agree to disagree :)

Michael,
BMWO Staff

Thanks everyone for taking part in the discussion. We have regard and respect for everyone's opinion, can't stress that enough. The point we wanted to make was that we see it as a non-issue, as one of the gentlemen here pointed out. And again, all we mean by 5A is that it's the best stuff we have in store and not that it's superior to another MOMs AAAA :)

@PaulSherwood we're gonna start offering qp/hp/p soon and we'll definitely lower the prices for those deals as much as we can.

Michael,
BMWO Customer Care

Personally, i couldn't care any less about the As. as long as it's good quality stuff, that's all i'm interested in as a consumer. I haven't tried their 5A myself but a buddy orders from them and he told me it was good flower. But agree with the folks on here to some extent since it might be confusing for freshers as majority of the other dispensaries use A-AAAA.

BuyMyWeedOnline wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:23 am Thanks everyone for taking part in the discussion. We have regard and respect for everyone's opinion, can't stress that enough. The point we wanted to make was that we see it as a non-issue, as one of the gentlemen here pointed out. And again, all we mean by 5A is that it's the best stuff we have in store and not that it's superior to another MOMs AAAA :)

@PaulSherwood we're gonna start offering qp/hp/p soon and we'll definitely lower the prices for those deals as much as we can.

Michael,
BMWO Customer Care

Serious question. Do you guys not take trim into account when grading weed? I bet if I grabbed an oz of your blue cheese, I’d pull off a few grams of trim. What do you charge per gram of blue cheese? Aren’t you concerned that your customers are paying for horribly trimmed weed at a premium price? I see more leaf than bud.

Edit: Just for comparison I’ll post a picture of something I paid $280 shipped. I’m curious to see your reply. It’s pretty evident you guys are grossly overcharging.

I mean i could give two farts about what grading system is used because yeah, it is fully arbitrary, but going AA-AAAAA when the most common other thing done is A-AAAA is needlessly and deliberately obfuscatory. When the only reason that you have for doing it like this is because there is no standard, going with one that's literally the same just with an extra A bolted on is pretty deceptive, and there's no way around it. It's an explicitly psychological trick to get people who don't know any better to think this product is inherently better because it's one more A than anywhere else has for the same product. There is absolutely no excuse for this.

@Vdubb thanks for the question. Not all 5A in our inventory is leafy. It seems that blue cheese was more on the leafy side. It just happens to be one strain that was more leafy this time but as you can see on our 5A page, other strains are not. I understand that you are concerned about the trim but it is not any less potent. Nonetheless, we appreciate your feedback and we will reach out to the concerned team and let them know to do a better trimming job.

@rhaplanca thanks for your comments. We've already stated our stance with regards to this and the concerns you raised have already been addressed by us, thoroughly, on this thread and in our blog post.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is perspective, not the truth."
- Marcus Aurelius

Michael,
BMWO Staff

While I respect you for replying to a bunch of hostile internet folk; I simply cannot respect your business practices. All I took from your reply was that you clearly didn’t take trim into account when grading this batch. Which means, your standards for AAAAA are low. Your response that it doesn’t affect potency is dead wrong. If 30% of my bowl is leaf compared to 0-5%, does that affect the medicinal strength of that bowl? Wouldn’t I have to use a bit more? Obviously the bud underneath will still be potent, but I’d have to sit there and take the trim off each nug. Sorry, but that does not indicate a premium product, I shouldn’t have to throw what I paid for in the trash.

I really hope one day you guys reconsider, but it seems like the opinions of your customers and community don’t mean anything to you guys.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn

Benjamin Franklin.

Edit: just so you know, one of your competitors just had a similar trim problem. I won’t say who it is, but this a direct quote from the owner after I just informed him he was going to have complaints about the trim on a particular batch.

“But yeah I'll make sure the trims are hella tight and perfectly manicured. Whether I talk to the trim team or i gotta do bud by bud once I get them. I'll make sure the buds are perfect. Cuz at a premium price we charge, you're right, it should be pretty flawless on all ends of the bud.”
“Really sorry about that man and really hope there was some extra nugs in your bag to make up for it, as I tossed in a few extra for everyone. And if not, ill definitely be sure to make up for it on next order even though you said it’s fine. I will PERSONALLY always make any viable complaint, comments and/or concerns my number # 1 priority.”

See the difference? These guys charge the same you charge. His response wasn’t “the flower is still potent”. You guys need to take a hard look in the mirror and ask yourself if you’re content in vastly overcharging.
Last edited by Vdubb on Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The last order I received had hella trim, probably half an ounce worth. It sucked. But I got such a good deal, $350 for a qp, I wasn’t too bothered. NOW they upped their prices and I’m pretty glad I didn’t pay the new price cause I definitely would have been chocked. Way to much shakey trim garbage literally. In the trash. Anywho I’m not shopping there again.
As for the grade system I think it’s bunk. It’s all about personal opinion, everybody reacts differently to all strains, such as it is with any med.

TooDaLoo wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:58 pm The last order I received had hella trim, probably half an ounce worth. It sucked. But I got such a good deal, $350 for a qp, I wasn’t too bothered. NOW they upped their prices and I’m pretty glad I didn’t pay the new price cause I definitely would have been chocked. Way to much shakey trim garbage literally. In the trash. Anywho I’m not shopping there again.
As for the grade system I think it’s bunk. It’s all about personal opinion, everybody reacts differently to all strains, such as it is with any med.
I was thinking of ordering here until I read the reviews and realize how expensive they are I don't know how a mom like this survives you have to be stupid to shop there

BuyMyWeedOnline wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:57 pm Thank you for your comments. Please know that we have thousands of happy, loyal customers who have been with us for years now. A majority of our customers are seasoned consumers, both medical and recreational users. Most of them are aware of the A-AAAA grading system other dispensaries employ but they still do business with us and are happy with the 5A grading system we've adopted.

We'd also like to negate the notion that a majority of our customers are fresh consumers who are not aware of the different grading systems. Majority of our customers, in fact, have been with us for quite some time now. As stated in the post, there's no end to this discussion since everyone has an opinion and everyone is "right". So, let's agree to disagree :)

Michael,
BMWO Staff
As stated in the post, there's no end to this discussion since everyone has an opinion and everyone is "right". So, let's agree to disagree
You seem to be the only ones disagreeing tho....

BuyMyWeedOnline wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:14 am Thank you for your comment. We respect everyone's opinion and we're just clarifying our position with regards to our grading system.

Michael,
BMWO Staff
You do understand that, when you're the only one walking in the opposite direction, it may happen that you're wrong ? Keep it logical, 4A is the "usual" system, don't try to reinvent the wheel...