Why do some MoMs charge tax?

This is meant to be an honest question. My friends and I all shop around different MoMs between the 4 of us we've tried over 50 different sites. Why do some charge tax? There selling an illegal product I highly doubt that they are claiming taxes on it, however I am not sure hense the question. My friends all think that the MoMs who charge tax use it as a method to appear legitimate/medical and simply pockets the extra "tax" money. I bought off a few in the past the charge tax (not in a long time now), but now if I see they charge tax I write them off and move on to somewhere else. How does the community feel about paying tax?

Re: Why do some MoMs charge tax?

HighFive wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:55 pm Are we confusing sales tax with income tax? Moms pay income tax on their "unspecified" income. But if they are actually adding sales tax to the price, aren't they required to publish their GST & PST registration numbers?
Moms do claim taxes end of year with like gst so even if cra came after them they can prove they paid taxes but I think it’s under a shell company