Ruining a good thing...

Are people wrecking what we have going on with our MOMs between faking empty packages to complaining about the slightest issue and demanding/expecting compensation of varied sorts, the hunt for the cheapest bulk around and then complain about your product!!! It's ourselves that are causing or at least playing a part in these rising prices and when you read some of these complaints out there just makes me laugh this is the black market, the picture isn't identical to the product...the list goes on and on, so I say kodoos to the MOMS out there putting up with our petty bullshit and still driving ahead in this forever changing world we live in, our expectations from these moms are sometimes I fear are too extreme, maybe it's not worded quite right but I hope everyone understands what I'm trying to say, these moms are great!!!! Let's not forget about how it was not too long ago and what it would be without our MOMs and force us to buy government at prices unacceptable, cheers my rant is done

Re: Ruining a good thing...

I think people mostly don't know what strain works best for them so what one person enjoys another wont. This makes buying weed inherently difficult and that's why mixed options are necessary because you will get some duds and some studs. I have strains that I like a lot and other people don't it all comes down to preference and expectations.

Having a competitive market will encourage quality and quantity I think. If people have legitimate issues it is their duty to rectify any mistakes or to clear any confusion between customer and seller.

If you can't take the 5 seconds to snap a picture and upload it everytime you reup then I think it's just a convenient ploy to swap out buds for other buds to get rid of w/e they have to get rid of. This stupid market set-up is completely due to the dumbass government but I really appreciate the quality and quantity received from some moms because money is valuable and street dealers mark up even more than BC moms do.

The extreme pressures come from resellers, people that smoke casually really just want quality bud at w/e price point they deem is acceptable. I used to pay 2650 a pound for kush 5 years ago, i can still pay 2650 a pound for kush, but now that there's options i can get a pound of what i call kush for 13-1500 now adays which I really appreciate.

Yeah but there's a good share of Moms that are nothing but scammers too. HUSH sold me the worst weed I've had in years, maybe ever. They claimed nobody else has complained but I'm pretty sure they knew what they had and were trying to pawn it off on an unsuspecting customer. Apparently thee manager is gonna call me but I doubt they'll do anything for me. They don't give refunds or credit if the product has been opened or used in any way LOL

I mean the nature of the business means you're gonna get people who try to take advantage of customers-- that's the peril of the grey market. There's not a lot someone who gets burned can do. It's why word of mouth like this is so important, and why people need to be careful about deals that look too good. It sucks, but there's not much to be done for it.

KefkaTheInvesta wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:50 am
If you can't take the 5 seconds to snap a picture and upload it everytime you reup then I think it's just a convenient ploy to swap out buds for other buds to get rid of w/e they have to get rid of.

Just wanted to address this comment as being the person that does it for GD. It's a hell of a lot more complicated than that, especially for us.
I dont live anywhere near the shop, hours away. When product comes in, i need to get one of the guys at the shop to take a pic. And you cant just break a phone out and take a pic, pic isnt clear enough. we actually went out and bought a photo booth with lights for our pics. But after that, the pic is then sent to me and then i have to photoshop it into our template for our site pics (and try to get out the background without ruining the actual pic - i suck at photoshop too btw). All in all it takes a couple hours for just one pic. Now if we get in 10 different strains at once - multiply that couple hours by 10 strains - and you see why this "take 5 seconds to snap a pic" really isnt feasible. at least not for us.

Cannabis users that are a part of online Cannabis communities have a lot of options. They see others post pictures of their buds covered in trichomes, fancy colors, was told how white the ash was, how great the smell and high is and how perfect the humidity levels are, how great their customer service was, how they were sent a replacement for the littlest complaint.... that's off the top of my head, as I'm sure we can all add to that. That can create gigantic expectations out of all of their orders and MoMs they decide to give an opportunity to. Many, just like us, are on a budget and want the best product that they can get for their dollar. They want all of the thinsg that they have seen and mentioned by others. Many of these online Cannabis members also feel that they can dictate whether a MoM is successful or not by posting in Reddit, Facebook, here, the Discord etc... These are all factors that have created a sense of entitlement in a world right now where that is an issue or at least simply the new world we live in.

These expectations are extremely high and will not change. Look at what weed was 20 years ago. A 1/8th was $35-$40 or so. There were no extracts really and if there was hash available, it was from one dude, no fancy flavored distillates... options were limited and products, in most cases, were average if you were lucky. People were just happy to see the weed man and grab a bag.

All of that to me is ok. Someone will have to live up to expectations. Someone will have to come through on most of their market needs/wants/expectations. For me, I'm used to trying to achieve those goals in business, so I look at every day as simply a challenge.

That's today. I wonder what it will be like in another 20 years.

Well, just my thoughts or thoughts from a MoM on the grind.

KT

Ghost Drops wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:41 am
If you can't take the 5 seconds to snap a picture and upload it everytime you reup then I think it's just a convenient ploy to swap out buds for other buds to get rid of w/e they have to get rid of.

Just wanted to address this comment as being the person that does it for GD. It's a hell of a lot more complicated than that, especially for us.
I dont live anywhere near the shop, hours away. When product comes in, i need to get one of the guys at the shop to take a pic. And you cant just break a phone out and take a pic, pic isnt clear enough. we actually went out and bought a photo booth with lights for our pics. But after that, the pic is then sent to me and then i have to photoshop it into our template for our site pics (and try to get out the background without ruining the actual pic - i suck at photoshop too btw). All in all it takes a couple hours for just one pic. Now if we get in 10 different strains at once - multiply that couple hours by 10 strains - and you see why this "take 5 seconds to snap a pic" really isnt feasible. at least not for us.
Why not have quick pic links set up i would do a pic of the bag pic of a handful of buds and a pic of it busted up so the customers know what theyre getting it might minimize confusion and difference in expectations between consumer and producer.

I see what ur sayin with the proffesional pics take time to produce argument but dont you think ur just making it needlessly difficult in that case? you would rather spend 20 hours for 10 godly strains and then skip the next 10 20 what 30 strains because it takes too much time to show the consumer what bag you bought for them with their money.

It sounds like an excuse, just because you don't know how..or just don't want to put in the effort.. You are operating an online business, PICS are the ONLY thing CUSTOMERS HAVE TO GO BY.

I like to see up-to-date pics as well, because I like to see what the product ACTUALLY looks like that I'm PAYING for.
Not posting up-to-date pictures, is like saying you don't care what the "steak..[insert what ever food/clothing/woman/man/etc]" looks/tastes/feels like when you shop, that's just B.S. I'd say most (if not all) want to see a pic of what they are buying, not some generic pic from a batch previous, as well all know, every batch can & is different.

In regards to it taking two hours per strain... take 2-3 hours and learn what you need to know in photoshop.. to operate your business...better. Youtube is your friend
That's good you bought a photo booth with lights, (they're $30.00, you made it sound so expensive)..do you have a tripod?..
If you using a camera, (I don't mean a cell phone) but not comfortable using it in manual mode, just put it on "auto" mode to take your pics (you may have to choose the right picture settings, but probably not), then snap away..let the camera do the work and make the picture look "good". There should only be minor adjustments needed (if any at all) then add your template for your site, upload it to your site.
As for having to do this ten times, you shouldn't & don't need to...yes, you have to take pictures of ten different strains, but not spend two hours on each one.
Because you have a photo booth with lights, your lighting conditions never change, therefore you can batch process the pics all together at one time. And even if you are not sure how to do batch processing, it does not take 2 hours for each strain or it SHOULDN'T.. It's being viewed online, you're not printing them to sell...

I'm for hire, you can pay me 1 hour per strain at the market rate, when can I start?

cheers,

Yess i agree with this post 100%... its the people who order like an ounce or under that complain& bitch. its justified to talk shit and complain if you spend like $500+ imo. After all this is the grey market & some people expect next level customer service combined with next level bud for stoopid prices. like bro just be happy your getting kush cheaper then the dispensary. just be grateful you dont gotta text ur plug, wait 2 hours for a zip thats 3 grams short, wait or even worse he robs your shit and u go home with nothing. shout out to MoM's u know who u are.

FritzTheCat wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:23 pm

It sounds like an excuse, just because you don't know how..or just don't want to put in the effort.. You are operating an online business, PICS are the ONLY thing CUSTOMERS HAVE TO GO BY.

stopped reading after this, especially since i said "im not good at photoshop" in my post.

Kiesha7777 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:53 pm Everyone knows how to tell these MOMs how to run a business but do these people have a business of their own or?? 🤔
yeah its the main reason most MOM's barely post online now-a-days. Everyone knows better and how things should be and if it were them they would do this this and that. But it isnt, and most of the comments aren't actually helpful and they turn into back and forths over stupid shit because everyone knows better than the actual people doing it.

yall can have that.

KefkaTheInvesta wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:03 pm
Kiesha7777 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:53 pm Everyone knows how to tell these MOMs how to run a business but do these people have a business of their own or?? 🤔
Next time you order an indica i hope they send you sativa.
It matters.
Okay you guys are a bunch of cry babies! Go to your local dispensary shop and buy some over priced poor quality cannabis! Or go to your local dealer! You do realize that this was illegal at one point? You got what you got , not this five star expectation! If you don’t like what your getting on the MOM sites then since you two know everything go find better! Just stop ruining it for the people that are grateful! Let’s see you run a mom site! Oh that’s right you don’t have one! 😡

Ghost Drops wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:46 am

stopped reading after this, especially since i said "im not good at photoshop" in my post.

Clearly don't want to put in any effort to learn...Like I said, sounds like an excuse...

Kiesha7777 wrote:
It matters.
Okay you guys are a bunch of cry babies! Go to your local dispensary shop and buy some over priced poor quality cannabis! Or go to your local dealer! You do realize that this was illegal at one point? You got what you got , not this five star expectation! If you don’t like what your getting on the MOM sites then since you two know everything go find better! Just stop ruining it for the people that are grateful! Let’s see you run a mom site! Oh that’s right you don’t have one! 😡

Your comments give me a headache..
I've been growing my own for the past 24 years, I use MoMs when I'm out..

Kiesha7777 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:16 am
It matters.
Its not much to ask for a picture of the flower im paying for. Whatever you said was dumb though.

FritzTheCat wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:51 am

Clearly don't want to put in any effort to learn...Like I said, sounds like an excuse...

Kiesha7777 wrote:

It matters.

I’m glad , maybe you’ll focus on your headache and stop complaining. Done with this convo.

Kiesha7777 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:52 pm
FritzTheCat wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:51 am

Kiesha7777 wrote:

I’m glad , maybe you’ll focus on your headache and stop complaining. Done with this convo.
Try reading between the lines..
Your contribution is ZERO...you won't be missed.
Grow up, ya bumpkin..

Lol wow has this ever gone a direction, my original comment on pictures sounded really bad and I think was taken out of context my fault, I meant more like a mom is gonna take a picture of the best bud of the bag type thing and then people expect that the entire bag is like that by no means did I mean who care just throw any old picture up so sorry for confusion, Besides I believe this thread is way further along than my original comment lol good times lol

Wow look at this. Bunch of sensitive fks bitching about some random shit again, what’s being ruined is this Fkin community LOL. Trash opinions that you never see any mom take, like they give a fk about what you people think. They successful without you already. Hats off to ghostdrops.

Maybe stay on the topic and try not to think you’re the smartest one in the forum. Like OP said, wasn’t even what he was talking about....

crossjoint wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:54 pm Wow look at this. Bunch of sensitive fks bitching about some random shit again, what’s being ruined is this Fkin community LOL. Trash opinions that you never see any mom take, like they give a fk about what you people think. They successful without you already. Hats off to ghostdrops.

Maybe stay on the topic and try not to think you’re the smartest one in the forum. Like OP said, wasn’t even what he was talking about....
I'm all for mom sites like BMWO who help people with no local hookup and probably save money from ordering from an overpriced mom.Though for someone like me with multiple moms and hookups I don't have to give anybody my money, it's my choice who I give my money to and it's absurd and also quite frankly shocking how some of these websites are able to continue to receive customers for overpriced lower quality bud than their dollar should be demanding. You could only get me to make an order from one of those overpriced mom's if you held a gun to my head. Like I said though it's wonderful having the option to consume a variety of strains from a variety of people. However nothing is perfect and the hostility for conveying concerns or opinions is pretty pathetic to be honest. Have you taken a moment to consider perhaps the comments are justifiable and some may even be useful.

Ghost Drops wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:46 am stopped reading after this, especially since i said "im not good at photoshop" in my post.
If you're using Adobe Photoshop specifically, there are two selector tools on the sidebar menu, a manual one and a magic wand. There's another tool which intelligently auto-selects an object you click on, but it's hidden from view by default. You just have to right click on the magic wand tool to get the other tool option menu. This tool will allow you to click on the weed, and it will select it, or click on the background, and it will intuitively select it. If your weed was photographed on a unified background, this will probably always work.

It works when I take pictures on my wood table so I'm sure it'll work for your white photobooth. Also it works when I take pictures with my phone camera.

If you don't actually have Photoshop, use Photopea, a free in browser knockoff.

No matter how good your weed is, if you can't be arsed to listen to some constructive feedback to improve your business, I'm not impressed. I don't support people who brag about how they stopped reading in order to keep their low knowledge level. Learning is good for ya and so is delegating to skilled professionals. It baffles me why people consider graphic design to be somehow different than any other skilled career. If you suck at Photoshop and are unwilling to improve your skills, hire someone. You could probably find someone who'll do it for weed. Especially since in many ways, Ghostdrop's branding has been on point, dropping the ball in this arena seems like you're basing your decision on some foolish honorable "gonna do this myself!" I'm not proudly trying to preserve my ineptitude in business related arenas just because I bootstrapped my way to where I am now with my business, if I run into something I genuinely cannot do in a timely or competent fashion I hire someone. I mean yeah I'm proud that for the most part I've managed my graphic design business myself. But my roof? Hired someone. Replace the hot water tank? Hired someone. So if I couldn't do Photoshop and I had a business where the primary interface between me and my customers was photos of my product, I would hire someone.

And lo, someone even offered to do it for you but you didn't see it because you couldn't risk reading some feedback which could make you better at Photoshop and running your business. Shame.
Use my GanjaWest referral and I'll pet my cat in your honor.
(Cat petted chain modifier x4)

Keyll wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:52 pm
Ghost Drops wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:46 am stopped reading after this, especially since i said "im not good at photoshop" in my post.
If you're using Adobe Photoshop specifically, there are two selector tools on the sidebar menu, a manual one and a magic wand. There's another tool which intelligently auto-selects an object you click on, but it's hidden from view by default. You just have to right click on the magic wand tool to get the other tool option menu. This tool will allow you to click on the weed, and it will select it, or click on the background, and it will intuitively select it. If your weed was photographed on a unified background, this will probably always work.

It works when I take pictures on my wood table so I'm sure it'll work for your white photobooth. Also it works when I take pictures with my phone camera.

If you don't actually have Photoshop, use Photopea, a free in browser knockoff.

No matter how good your weed is, if you can't be arsed to listen to some constructive feedback to improve your business, I'm not impressed. I don't support people who brag about how they stopped reading in order to keep their low knowledge level. Learning is good for ya and so is delegating to skilled professionals. It baffles me why people consider graphic design to be somehow different than any other skilled career. If you suck at Photoshop and are unwilling to improve your skills, hire someone. You could probably find someone who'll do it for weed. Especially since in many ways, Ghostdrop's branding has been on point, dropping the ball in this arena seems like you're basing your decision on some foolish honorable "gonna do this myself!" I'm not proudly trying to preserve my ineptitude in business related arenas just because I bootstrapped my way to where I am now with my business, if I run into something I genuinely cannot do in a timely or competent fashion I hire someone. I mean yeah I'm proud that for the most part I've managed my graphic design business myself. But my roof? Hired someone. Replace the hot water tank? Hired someone. So if I couldn't do Photoshop and I had a business where the primary interface between me and my customers was photos of my product, I would hire someone.

And lo, someone even offered to do it for you but you didn't see it because you couldn't risk reading some feedback which could make you better at Photoshop and running your business. Shame.

Exactly.

̶G̶h̶o̶s̶t̶D̶r̶o̶p̶s̶

KefkaTheInvesta wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:06 pm
crossjoint wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:54 pm Wow look at this. Bunch of sensitive fks bitching about some random shit again, what’s being ruined is this Fkin community LOL. Trash opinions that you never see any mom take, like they give a fk about what you people think. They successful without you already. Hats off to ghostdrops.

I'm all for mom sites like BMWO who help people with no local hookup and probably save money from ordering from an overpriced mom.Though for someone like me with multiple moms and hookups I don't have to give anybody my money, it's my choice who I give my money to and it's absurd and also quite frankly shocking how some of these websites are able to continue to receive customers for overpriced lower quality bud than their dollar should be demanding. You could only get me to make an order from one of those overpriced mom's if you held a gun to my head. Like I said though it's wonderful having the option to consume a variety of strains from a variety of people. However nothing is perfect and the hostility for conveying concerns or opinions is pretty pathetic to be honest. Have you taken a moment to consider perhaps the comments are justifiable and some may even be useful.
Bro you just proved my point. You didnt even read wtf I was bitching about you just wanted to display your opinion on some other random shit lol. The forum is for clarity on moms, not giving them advice how to run their successful business, if they got a bad batch then sure let people know. Jezz man I get ur situation but your rage is prob of the problem lol, quality of product is all personal opinion....

crossjoint wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:45 pm

Bro you just proved my point. You didnt even read wtf I was bitching about you just wanted to display your opinion on some other random shit lol. The forum is for clarity on moms, not giving them advice how to run their successful business, if they got a bad batch then sure let people know. Jezz man I get ur situation but your rage is prob of the problem lol, quality of product is all personal opinion....
No rage im simply voicing my opinion and i read whaf u wrote thats what i have to say.
This forum is to share and compare with fellow cannabis enthusiasts i appreciate the communication on the forum.

lol...I sense more "rage" in your posts "bitching" about nothing, than I sense in any post here from KefkaTheInvesta.
..and actually, there have been a few MoMs take this communities opinion / advice on things...you know why, it made them MORE successful...

FritzTheCat wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:45 pm ..and actually, there have been a few MoMs take this communities opinion / advice on things...you know why, it made them MORE successful...
Yeah, King Tuts definitely evolved on the opinion of the community into what they are today. The Green Ace took several pieces of feedback from me and implemented them on their website to improve it when they first launched, with no complaint. Feedback isn't an attack when it's coming from people who use your sites and want to make them appear professional so they will be more successful.
Use my GanjaWest referral and I'll pet my cat in your honor.
(Cat petted chain modifier x4)

FritzTheCat wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:45 pm

lol...I sense more "rage" in your posts "bitching" about nothing, than I sense in any post here from KefkaTheInvesta.
..and actually, there have been a few MoMs take this communities opinion / advice on things...you know why, it made them MORE successful...
Photos should be updated i cant believe you people whatever stupid is as stupid does.

Keyll wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:01 pm
FritzTheCat wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:45 pm ..and actually, there have been a few MoMs take this communities opinion / advice on things...you know why, it made them MORE successful...
Yeah, King Tuts definitely evolved on the opinion of the community into what they are today. The Green Ace took several pieces of feedback from me and implemented them on their website to improve it when they first launched, with no complaint. Feedback isn't an attack when it's coming from people who use your sites and want to make them appear professional so they will be more successful.
I dont understand why criticism is inherently negative. Dialogue is beneficial for both the consumer and retailer. I can see why some things can be misconstrued as hate rage or negativity when youre reading text. I have expressed no personal malcontent towards ghostdrops or other moms my points are generic and experience based.

crossjoint wrote: Wow look at this. Bunch of sensitive fks bitching about some random shit again, what’s being ruined is this Fkin community LOL. Trash opinions that you never see any mom take, like they give a fk about what you people think. They successful without you already. Hats off to ghostdrops.

https://canadianmom.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4741

You ramble on as if you have something important to contribute...lol..