Re: Does anyone else feel overwhelmed by how high the "quality standard" seems to be on online MoM forums?

I mean, I'm definitely "into" weed. I like trying new strains, and consuming weed in general. I just don't feel like I need to have everything perfect for my daily drivers. I'll gladly buy a more expensive oz every once in a while but I value low price over certain aspects that make great selling points but don't impact my experience much when it comes to anything that I'm smoking on every day.

Re: Does anyone else feel overwhelmed by how high the "quality standard" seems to be on online MoM forums?

This high quality standard is I think a function of the huge amount and variety of cannabis that's available right now. Never before has there been soooo much weed out there, of all different strains and quality. It would stand to reason that people on this forum are pickier than your average consumer, as they have gone to effort of being here and posting.
I would tend to agree however that people are a bit overly picky. The worst is people who don't understand that the best weed, doesn't always look the best - quality is very subjective. Sometimes the most potent weed, actually looks like shit. Or the outdoor will be more potent than the indoor. Only people with some depth in the Cannabis Culture can appreciate truly good product; and that gives them the right to complain right!

I totally feel you. Sometimes I read all these posts and reviews and I say to myself, "Wow I don't even notice such things but they do" lol!

But I just realized that some people like to nitpick and really get into all the aspects of the nug because they're just passionate about it and that's the way they want to express their love for the bud.

For me personally I don't see it as people being snooty or pretending to be something they are not. I have been smoking weed regularly since 83 first smoked in early 81. I have smoked a lot of good and bad weed over the years.

I like the fact that there is a lot more information available to us now than there has been for many years. Thank goodness for the online MoM forums and other online sources. I have learned more about weed in the last couple of years than I have in all of the other years combined since I have started smoking weed.

The more we know about weed the better people can elaborate and share on their experiences with differing strains from different sources. For me I would rather have a more detailed review than a one word review. I believe it helps a lot of people make better decisions when purchasing their next strain increasing their level of satisfaction.

The one thing that makes me cringe is when someone gets a seed or even a couple seeds in their bag and they flip shit.
I sit back like, bitch, you have no idea how shit was back in the day. The struggle was real back in the 80's and 90's seeds were just a part of everyday life. Most of the time seeds made up a considerable part of the weight of your bag and that was just the way it was.

The run of the mill weed back then would have been considered absolute crap by today's standards. It was mostly Mexican brick weed occasionally non compressed weed that was referred to as red haired sinse, green bud or skunk bud if it smelled skunky. We very rarely had named weed and when we did you paid 3 to 4 hundred an oz.

The younger crowd has no idea just how good they have it nowadays.

Sorry if it sounds like I am ranting.

cheapweedca wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:58 am everyone has their own preference,
that's why theres lotta hit or miss and disappointments

a lot of clients buy $89 or $99 for example hoping for 10/10 pamela anderson prime quality
Btw, Cheapweed's minimum order is $200. Its not like I can just buy an ounce, I'd have to buy 3 just to place an order. At that rate your Mix n' match is actually cheaper.

xsinx wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:05 pm You don't have to be a cannabis connoisseur or expert to appreciate and enjoy weed, just like you don't need to be a wine tasting champion to appreciate a bottle of wine. Personally, I enjoy the highest quality weed and I strive to have access to it. I can totally understand people having different things they look for in weed, to each his own.
I agree. Different 'smokes' for different folks. :D

MamaSmokes wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:43 pm
xsinx wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:05 pm You don't have to be a cannabis connoisseur or expert to appreciate and enjoy weed, just like you don't need to be a wine tasting champion to appreciate a bottle of wine. Personally, I enjoy the highest quality weed and I strive to have access to it. I can totally understand people having different things they look for in weed, to each his own.
I agree. Different 'smokes' for different folks. :D
I see what you did there Mama lol