General thoughts on Rosin/pressing ?

I'm going back and forth deciding if I buy a diy kit
Maximum 10T shop press (Canadian Tire) and a 4x6 caged set up on Amazon for 339 yes it's a good deal and for those about to say the plates are to big, I've done my research the plates are actually 3.5 x 5.5, gonna use the 3x6 90 Micron bags should be able to press close to an oz at a time, or option "b" is a friend of mine would press it for me at 250 a lb, I have a few "friends that say actually 250 per lb is pretty darn good, as its messy and time consuming, any thoughts from experienced people on here?

Re: General thoughts on Rosin/pressing ?

I've been pressing my own rosin for over a year. Absolutely worth it. I personally don't find it messy or time consuming, in fact, just the opposite. It's fast, easy, and produces great results. There's a small learning curve when pressing flower rosin. Once you learn how to "dial in" your results, it's really simple.

Looks like the rosin press you're considering is going to cost you roughly $750. So you can pay someone else $250 per pound and get 3 pounds processed or buy your own damn press and provide yourself with a lifetime of freely produced rosin. If you take care of your press and plates then they will take of you. My press and plates still look brand new a year later. I learned how to properly assemble and maintenance my press as well as proper usage. I clean my plates after every use and I don't abuse them or use them in a way that will damage them.

If you're willing to learn all the necessary aspects you'll find that a rosin press you assemble and maintain on your own is a worthwhile investment that will last you years or decades.

It takes me less than 10 minutes to make high quality flower rosin. The majority of that time is waiting for the plates to heat up. Could probably do it in 5 if I was trying to show off. It's really not that hard. Hash rosin on the other hand...

Congrats, that's a great price. I have the same Maximum press from CTire and I love it. Half the size of a floor press and solidly built. There's a great assembly guide for this model: https://m.imgur.com/a/Dmhcva7.

Also, you'll need these tools to assemble it:

wrenches(27mm, 22mm, and two 17mm) or an adjustable wrench and one 17mm
hammer
thin steel rod or old screwdriver you don't care about
hearing protection(for when you hammer in the slotted ring)
plumbers tape
vice grips

For tutorials on pressing rosin check cannaplates.ca, they have a bunch of useful tutorials. Good luck!

Chopper wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:31 am Congrats, that's a great price. I have the same Maximum press from CTire and I love it. Half the size of a floor press and solidly built. There's a great assembly guide for this model: https://m.imgur.com/a/Dmhcva7.

hammer
plumbers tape
vice grips

For tutorials on pressing rosin check cannaplates.ca, they have a bunch of useful tutorials. Good luck!
yayyy! thank you for this. Been exploring hot pressing lately.

Chopper wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:31 am Congrats, that's a great price. I have the same Maximum press from CTire and I love it. Half the size of a floor press and solidly built. There's a great assembly guide for this model: https://m.imgur.com/a/Dmhcva7.

hammer
plumbers tape
vice grips

This is good. Checked them out already :) real helpful stufff.