Emailed Receipt Differs From Website Receipt

Ok so I just want to say I know things happen and what-not. I'm not here to shame or blame or anything like that, merely interested in a discussion & opinions based on a specific situation;

I was on a MoM site, placed an order for a multi-pack which as listed is supposed to be for packs of 7 grams.
Several of the products in the selection list were listed at 28 grams.
I picked two of the ones listed at 28 grams and one listed at 7 grams,
My purchase price did not change, so I went ahead and placed the order & paid.
I received an emailed receipt right away showing my order and it specifies the two products at 28 grams and the third at 7 grams.
After the MoM accepted my payment, they sent another email showing all three products listed at 7 grams, so I went to the website and everything is listed -as it should be- at 7 grams.

Shit happens, typos happen etc.

What are your thoughts on the situation?
Roko Marimoko!

only users lose drugs!

Re: Emailed Receipt Differs From Website Receipt

h2osakana wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:51 am I'm a little confused. Did you end up paying for more than you should have because of their typo? Most of the MoM's here are super niec about it. I'm almost certain if you reach out to their support or livechat with your order#, they can sort it for you.

Ya, sorry my wording may have been a bit confusing.

basically the mom typo'd

instead of 7 grams they put 28 grams on some products on their website - (the main header said ALL items should be 7 grams)

i thought maybe i'd get a "bank error in my favour" since i selected the oversized items and even received a receipt with the same sizes listed & paid immediately

the order self-corrected itself very shortly after payment

i did end up with the package and it did not have the oversized packages

GreatBud45 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:29 am but what you really paid worth for 7 grams only right? and its only typo ? it looks like a click bait for customers to think they got a great deal. but anyways be always cautious .
The items that I ordered are a deal at 7 grams each, not much of a deal compared to their regular prices but enough that I felt it was worth trying a new MoM.
And the typo of 28grams absolutely could be a bait & switch but only about one quarter of the items were listed at 28 and they were all at the bottom of the list so I'm leaning towards just a mix-up.

My title and first post is worded a little weird, realistically I think the topic should be:

Should MoMs be responsible for typos and mislabeled items and if so, how far should they be responsible?
If i seriously expected this MoM to give me 2.25oz (and more stuff) for $125, would that be right?
How would you feel about paying for an item and receiving an emailed receipt and then the next day just before it ships, the receipt changes and it's a different (albeit technically correct) amount?

I am not butt-hurt at all or anything - this is merely a discussion :)
Last edited by dankrolla on Sat May 23, 2020 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

dankrolla wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:31 am
GreatBud45 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:29 am but what you really paid worth for 7 grams only right? and its only typo ? it looks like a click bait for customers to think they got a great deal. but anyways be always cautious .
The items that I ordered are a deal at 7 grams each, not much of a deal compared to their regular prices but enough that I felt it was worth trying a new MoM.
And the typo of 28grams absolutely could be a bait & switch but only about one quarter of the items were listed at 28 and they were all at the bottom of the list so I'm leaning towards just a mix-up.

My title and first post is worded a little weird, realistically I think the topic should be:

Should MoMs be responsible for typos and mislabeled items and if so, how far should they be responsible? If i seriously expected this MoM to give me 2.25oz (and more stuff) for $125, would that be right?
How would you feel about paying for an item and receiving an emailed receipt and then the next day just before it ships, the receipt changes and it's a different (albeit technically correct) amount?

I am not butt-hurt at all or anything - this is merely a discussion :)

there's a possibility that the typo was intentional.