Best types of packaging? How does it affect the product?

In your collective experiences what MOM has had the best packaging? Not necessarily thinking in terms of design but more so concerned with materials and methods in which MOMs have packed your products? Also have you guys received products that may have been altered or degraded because of the ways they were kept/packed? If so how? I find the process from producer to consumer really interesting and this is a massive factor in consumer experience.

Re: Best types of packaging? How does it affect the product?

For me the best type is airtight glass/inert metal jars,
Anything else will interac with your buds ending up with buds that are too dry, have a faint nose, no more taste..
after the buds have been properly cured you can let them in it for a long period with the greatest preservation if you maintain certain levels of humidity, temperature and darkness
It can actually improve the taste, etc.. if the curing is still going on

Plus you don't receive crushed/flat buds
And you don't have to froze them if you handle the cure normaly (frosen buds will lost lots of trichomes way easier than not frozen ones, and once at a normal temperature the buds tend to be hyper dry,etc..) to preserve them over a long time period

I know that some «highend» lines (like skookum ) are sent in plastic boxes or tin cans, or some craftgrowers that send in sealed, but not vacuum sealed, bag with boveda type 2 ways humidificator inside to ensure good preservation

I have never tried the not vacuum sealed half oz lines cause they tend to be more expensive, ( i don't think that 62rh is the right rh level to cure buds, boveda type humidificator are said to take away many terps and plastique bags are not reliable for curing in my opinion)
And if i have to pay more for what is mostly bag appeal and marketing, i prefere to have a good old and reliable jar as contenant for the same, or a cheapest, price with the same quality standards.
Tin can are good i've been told but it depends on how much buds there are per can cause they tend to crush buds to have them fitting the cans

But the only moms i know that send in airtight jars are advertising it (like black river), so read carefully or ask,
and it's mostly from small batch craft growers.
So the buds tend to always be cured (and sometime even flushed) close to perfection, so you have no issue storing it in airtight jars for like two weeks without burping (if you experience delays in delivery for exemple)

And if it happens to be dryish when you receive it you'll notice that it's still fire compared to the same buds shipped in vacuum sealed bags and delayed for around two weeks..

Plus you can rehydrate it if the rh level hasn't come under 55rh
And it's not crushed..
I stop here but so many reasons why jars are the best for properly storing highgrade, or «in curing» buds

I don't know many moms that sends in jars but like i said black river do, and weedposters too

The skookum line on budmail is shipped in what i think is brown plastic boxes but i can be wrong and it's said to be pure highgrade

If someone knows of other moms that sends in jars (for a reasonnable price or not) i'll be happy to know please ^^

Edit : if someone happens to know of moms that send in brown/dark airtight glass jars i'll be more than happy to know ^^

(I use to know of a dispensary near vancouver that were selling their products in little brown glass jars, it was the best, they also use to have the complete lab analysis of their buds with terpene profile with percentage, etc.. but from what i know it's now a different owner and it's not the same quality standards, at all..)

Take care guys and girls

I like the way that MOMs like Budmail (Skookum) and Kootenay Craft ship where they send the product in a hard container with a boveda and then use a vacuum seal over top of that. The Skookum tins can be a little frustrating when buying a half, because that means you will be getting buds that are flat on one side. Thankfully, the buds usually fill out after a few days in a mason jar. But any MOM who ships with an integra or a boveda in the product is gold in my books, and will win brownie points with me (unless their product sucks, haha). I'm not a fan of re-hydrating dry bud.

What I absolutely hate are those bubble mailers. I swear the post office people know exactly what I am getting when I get one of those. They also flatten buds like nobody's business. Speaking of, and on a side note, I got a zip from LPB a little while ago and they vacuum sealed the bud to the point it was all squished into a small ball. Then they threw that vacuum sealed "ball of bud" into the ounce bag with the logo on it. I was so mad! And this was from the Gasleak menu, which is supposed to be their top shelf line. It's one of the reasons why I will never buy from them again.

Hey guys, we at CAMMP offer Premium Packaging for all our shipments, if you're looking for any flower we carry it can be shipped in glass with Boveda moisture protection. Small extra charge for this service.
Otherwise we send our product vac-sealed and then packaged in a tupperware-like container to keep things from getting crushed. As far as I know we are the only MoM to do this.
Check us out, customer service is our top priority.

CAMMP

www.cammp.ca