Re: Tobacco in joints

One of my friend does it and I've seen it a couple times but it's not common no. His argument was that he likes smoking joints so by adding tobacco he extends the pleasure. That same guy ended up starting smoking cigs at 30 but I'm not sure which came before, adding tobacco or smoking cigs.

I don't like the taste of tobacco so the only time I smoke it is with hash and it overtakes the taste so I never really taste the tobacco.

I smoked cigarettes for 15 years and now they're so repuslive to me that I won't even smoke blunts. So that's a big fat no from me.

I have a friend who, for some mysterious reason, started adding tobacco to his joints even though he didn't smoke cigs. This was in his early 30's. He ended up becoming addicted and a closet cigarette smoker before eventually "coming out".

Thisapparatus wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:09 pm only smoke hash and oil, and only smoke full on tobacco joints. its amazing. most of the younger gen either hate the tobacco or hate the oil or hash and would rather smoke weed. the only time i have to share is when i'm with the old maritimers!

not sure if that counts...
Well obviously hash and oil is another story. I hate tobacco but for hash and oil, I'd rather use tobacco than weed, otherwise it just gets too strong on the throat.

There have been very dry years for hash here in Quebec. The bikers used to sell Jamaican hash (in the 90's) that was pretty good (red gum) but when M-39 weed became the culture of choice, hash pretty much vanished. There are some small batches here and there but import hash is a thing of the past here. Even to this day unless you mail order, you get the most absolute shit weed.

medicatedmermaid wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:49 pm I don't do it for several reasons even when I smoked Tobacco. Tobacco is the worst, so happy I quit! I use weed for hash LOL
no tobacco ever, wont even smoke a joint with it in. when I was 14 I would though, its like your mixing good medicine with awful medicine, no winning with that.
Congrats on quitting! How long has it been since ya had a cig? Don't give in to any urges, my buddy was 13 months off them and had a shitty day and started to smoke regularly again :(

never smoked a cigarette they are disgusting. Yet i used to really like tobacco and real hash , the hash has a special flavor that gets totally lost using pot. I had a buddy back in the 80's who rolled pure hash joints...it took finesse. I could never do it.
today i do not like smoking anything. only vape and dab.

beaum0nt wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:50 pm never smoked a cigarette they are disgusting. Yet i used to really like tobacco and real hash , the hash has a special flavor that gets totally lost using pot. I had a buddy back in the 80's who rolled pure hash joints...it took finesse. I could never do it.
today i do not like smoking anything. only vape and dab.
Some hash can be rolled with no tobacco but not most. Moroccan is a good example of a hash you can easily roll with zero tobacco. Takes about a gram to roll a standard joint. I've done it with other types, but it needs to be relatively dry hash otherwise it just clogs constantly.

JimB wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:48 pm
medicatedmermaid wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:49 pm I don't do it for several reasons even when I smoked Tobacco. Tobacco is the worst, so happy I quit! I use weed for hash LOL
no tobacco ever, wont even smoke a joint with it in. when I was 14 I would though, its like your mixing good medicine with awful medicine, no winning with that.
Congrats on quitting! How long has it been since ya had a cig? Don't give in to any urges, my buddy was 13 months off them and had a shitty day and started to smoke regularly again :(
Thanks so much Jim!

I quite dec 7, 2016 (you need to have a date to be successful) I really made sure to smoke up a storm on my last day of smoking 2 full packs to be exact. I started smoking cigarettes at a very young age and became heavily addicted quickly. this was the hardest thing my body has ever done, the detox mentally and physically was unreal. and I honestly can say there are days I want to smoke but I dont give in, thankfully I have weed that helps me deal with these feelings and urges. I still keep my nicotine inhaler around which helps when I have really bad cravings and urges when I cant have weed like at work. Thanks so much for your kind words and I hope you friend is more successful his next attempt at it. I feel like I will always want to smoke, my mind my body, everything does miss it. I liken the feeling and loss of cigarettes as losing a best friend: cigarettes have always been there for me in goodtimes and in bad, every morning when I woke up, every night when i woke up. The sooner you can quit the better, I wish I had been more successful and serious quitting earlier in life. I dont see myself ever being able to have one, so why ive never allowed myself I was the type of smoker still am with weed that you never ever run out cause thats your meds and without it your in trouble! thankfully weed helped me greatly too, i'd say i love smoking joints even more now than other means of smoking now that I dont smoke cigarettes.

Tried this a few times back in college, a couple decades ago. I'm from SW Ontario down near Windsor and as far as I can tell this was something people East of London did.

Anyhoo I quit smoking cigs in 2010 but even when I smoked, mixing them with weed was a no-no for me.

i use vaporized weed when i roll, ever since i heard people use it in edibles.

got my friend who was using tobacco hooked as well. though there seem to be more flavor and sensational boost with tobacco, we felt uncomfortable about smoking 6 trillion chemicals through only a paper filter.

I can do either - I usually put a little tobacco, most people do (or at least used to) here on the east coast when I grew up.

The only thing I'll add is about how lots of people mention "unfiltered tobacco". Cigarette filters really don't do much of anything to reduce the chemicals in smoke, and some science says it actually makes the particles finer, and therefore more harmful to your lungs. Not saying tobacco is good in any form, but don't fool yourself into thinking there's a distinction between filtered and unfiltered.

wackybaccydude wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:40 pm I can do either - I usually put a little tobacco, most people do (or at least used to) here on the east coast when I grew up.

The only thing I'll add is about how lots of people mention "unfiltered tobacco". Cigarette filters really don't do much of anything to reduce the chemicals in smoke, and some science says it actually makes the particles finer, and therefore more harmful to your lungs. Not saying tobacco is good in any form, but don't fool yourself into thinking there's a distinction between filtered and unfiltered.
Use a cig filter with weed. Enjoy 1/4 buzz. Cig filters are actually pretty efficient.

xsinx wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:11 pm Use a cig filter with weed. Enjoy 1/4 buzz. Cig filters are actually pretty efficient.
I'm sure. Tobacco is a lot drier than weed, smoke will go through more easily. Cancer rates didn't change as filters were added to cigarettes, just the types of cancer. They obviously capture something, and I imagine with weed you'd have a hard time even getting a good draw through the filter, but in the end there's little to no difference health-wise for tobacco. Not saying go smoking filterless cigarettes, but I still think people think there's a much bigger difference than there is.

Use a cig filter with weed. Enjoy 1/4 buzz. Cig filters are actually pretty efficient.

ewww that still sounds gross....cig filters get all wet and "goosed" i think that's what happens when smokers drool..
tobacco is really beneficial with chillums 2 grams or charas and a wee bit of mild tobacco....party..you will never notice the tabac

I've always pretty much done that. It's always been to help the joint burn smoothly. I find it extremely frustrating to smoke a joint and get half-way only to find that it doesn't draw anymore. Adding tobacco helps avoiding this. It does change the taste but as a regular smoker, my friends notice it more than I do. I only smoke joints and it has always help them burn better. Don't see myself stopping that now, but I do tend to add tobacco only in joints i'll be smoking by myself.

Edit: I live in the National Capital area, since that seems to be a thing.

i smoke joints exclusively and do not mix tobacco with weed, not even in bongs. I have a few friends that will mix up oats and weed for bong rips but it destroys my lungs. I used to smoke tabacco but have long ago stopped and now like others I find it just unpleasant in my lungs though i do love me a blunt on occasion, a cigar too.

But joints... pure weed, man.

StonerQuebec wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:40 pm Do you do this?

i do it.
It's extremely unhealthy to mix a toxic poisonous substance into your weed and then inhale it.I smoked this combination for years and it almost killed me.I ended up smoking more weed and tobacco than i would normally because tobacco is so addictive.It's your life and I am not going to tell you what to do but I recommend to just smoke weed, and quit Tobacco any way you can.

gandalfe wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:24 pm
StonerQuebec wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:40 pm Do you do this?

i do it.
It's extremely unhealthy to mix a toxic poisonous substance into your weed and then inhale it.I smoked this combination for years and it almost killed me.I ended up smoking more weed and tobacco than i would normally because tobacco is so addictive.It's your life and I am not going to tell you what to do but I recommend to just smoke weed, and quit Tobacco any way you can.
LOL ....what about the air city folk breath? or hows about all the carcinogenic chemistry in our water...
i do not promote tobacco..but my gramma lived to 97 smoking a pack a day..she died happy,

Annointed wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 4:51 pm
squidboy wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 4:49 pm Never. Only Tobacco with blunts, which would be the paper itself I guess right? I don't like to smoke tobacco/cigarettes at all really. My sister does this tho, even in a bong.
Yup, some of my friends do that too, it's called a batch b or poppers. It's disgusting, but my friends love the head rush and it's addicting I guess? Never tried.

It really is disgusting I know a ton of people who smoke poppers. Believe it or not, it's actually a huge thing in NS and it is definitely one of the more addicting things to get into. I know people who don't smoke cigarettes at all but absolutely crave poppers.

Seshcannabis wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:58 pm It really is disgusting I know a ton of people who smoke poppers. Believe it or not, it's actually a huge thing in NS and it is definitely one of the more addicting things to get into. I know people who don't smoke cigarettes at all but absolutely crave poppers.
It's a really big thing in working class parts of Ontario as well. I've known a lot of popper-smokers in my life, which resulted in me trying them a couple of times. The hit tasted horrific and I coughed nearly to the point of passing out on every occasion, so I decided they weren't for me. It's a good thing too; like you said, they're incredibly addicting and I've had several people tell me they literally feel no high if they smoke weed without hitting it in a popper. As if that's not bad enough, it also covers your piece in the worst-smelling and tasting resin you could possibly imagine after only a few hits. I don't like rolling joints with tobacco at all, but if you give me the choice between that and ripping a popper, you can pass me the spliff any day.