Has anyone elses packages been held, or kept by CP?

Hi all,

I was curious to know if anyone has been having issues with CP.

A month or two ago now, I placed an order with my regular MoM, watched the tracking updates for a few days, then no updates for a week. After waiting a few more days I contacted the MoM, they said to wait up to 21 days for CP to update "due to covid". Meanwhile packages I ordered elsewhere were moving normally. After two weeks or a bit longer, CP finally updates the tracking number with "Date pending, find out why" and "Your package is being held at a secure facility, contact customer support" or something along those lines. After contacting the MoM they refunded my funds via store credit. They said that packages that went out that certain day mine was shipped, were all held by CP, but I never seen anything on the forum or reddit. Placed that order and got it a few days after anyhow.

Now I've placed an order on the 20th (with a different MoM, but still a trusted one), it left Mississauga on the 23rd and now it's no longer updating with "Date pending, find out why" just last night. I have a feeling it's going to be a repeat of last time. Has this sort of thing been happening to any one else? I've been ordering online for half a decade now and this is the second time I've ran into such a hiccup. Might not bother anymore if they're just going to choose at random which packages to "hold" at secure facilities.

Re: Has anyone elses packages been held, or kept by CP?

The second package hasn't arrived. It now says "Expected delivery: Item delayed — stay tuned for updates". Sept. 22 - Oct 25. Over a month now. Just another week or so before they update it with the "On hold in Scarborough" bull crap, I'm sure.

Thankfully this MoM refunded my money via store credit (mentioning that they usually don't if a package is lost or stolen), but as fate would have it, the second order I've now tried to place with them, isn't updating. Had to spend the $26 for shipping, even though CP lost/stole my package. Left Richmond and has yet to hit Mississauga, almost a week now. Now I'm out even more money if this package doesn't arrive. Getting closer to being out $400 now. I really do not understand what is happening. Anything that has to go through Mississauga (which will be everything in my case) is straight up being stolen from me by CP.

Secure facility means the package was either smelly or obviously suspect for whatever reason and was seized. Don't call, this might incriminate you. The MOM should replace the package for you when this happens and probably review their packaging strategy and return address, etc. They might have beeb flagged or something.

Are you far north or in Nunavut/NW territories or some other remote place? To fight the drug epidemic within native villages up there they are very paranoid about everything coming in so they tend to inspect packages a lot more. Many MOMs won't even ship there cause of this.

I lost one last year... same thing, "Item on hold at a secure facility", yadda yadda... Mine was sent from BC to Ontario.

Mine started out with a tracking message "Item redirected to recipient's new address", which of course made me suspicious as I had not contacted CP or changed my address recently...

I got antsy and decided to call CP... I got a nice lady with a thick French accent... She kept saying, "your package ..." and then something I could not understand... After several repeats I understood...

She said "Your package contained something that is not allowed to be sent in the mail"... uh, ok, thank you and I hung up.... hahaaa...

Mine was coming from Ganja West, and they made it right with an account credit. Next package came through no problamo... and several more since then...

I got 3 packages waiting updates right now. All from different moms. 1st one I ordered in November (most valuable one) from Coast2Coastmedicinals; hasn't been updated since Dec 1st and the mom will not return my emails. Second one I ordered on the 1st of February from a different mom, Canna green express, and it hasn't been updated since the 4th but have recently started exchanging emails to figure out what to do. Third, hasn't been updated in 6 business days but this is sometimes typical for packages from QC to BC where they only update when they arrive in town. So you're definitely not alone in losing packages during this pandemic!