Re: Shatter vs FSE

Gregnorton wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:35 am So im looking at Cottonwoods FSE or Shatter from Sweet mary. Ive never had FSE before. Is it way better than shatter?
The process to make it is very similair but FSE does take some time to learn how to make correctly. Its more volatile then shatter and you lose alot of weight in the process while its made. Regardless, FSE is full spectrum, it has much better medicinal effects in my opinion. Its stronger, has much more flavour and always has a large number of terpenes to direct your high. Though you can make full spectrum shatter, its expensive and most shatters are not full spectrum. It takes me much less FSE to get an equal feeling from shatter, sometimes its hard to even say the shatter gives you the same feeling as fse as its not a full spectrum extract. Cottonwoods has some quality product, thought it does lack a little on the terps their process should only get better from now on. I prefer the Jet Fuel and the Lemon Meringue.

Decided to go with Cottonwoods. All of their FSE offerings and a $99 mixed O. Thanks for the review.

bobrakem wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:29 pm
Gregnorton wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:35 am So im looking at Cottonwoods FSE or Shatter from Sweet mary. Ive never had FSE before. Is it way better than shatter?
The process to make it is very similair but FSE does take some time to learn how to make correctly. Its more volatile then shatter and you lose alot of weight in the process while its made. Regardless, FSE is full spectrum, it has much better medicinal effects in my opinion. Its stronger, has much more flavour and always has a large number of terpenes to direct your high. Though you can make full spectrum shatter, its expensive and most shatters are not full spectrum. It takes me much less FSE to get an equal feeling from shatter, sometimes its hard to even say the shatter gives you the same feeling as fse as its not a full spectrum extract. Cottonwoods has some quality product, thought it does lack a little on the terps their process should only get better from now on. I prefer the Jet Fuel and the Lemon Meringue.

sally.cat wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:04 pm I have never heard of FSE before. I use shatter often and find it does not have all the medical benefits I am looking for and my tolerance has been getting higher. Any suggestions on where to get some FSE to try?
If you want the best out country has to offer, I recommend Highgrade.BC . In my humble opinion quality wise there just isn't competition. There's all kinds of great diamond producers in Canada, but to me they are all just battling it out for #2. Okanagan Green has them for $80 which is the cheapest I've seen in awhile.

HALIDAZED wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:57 am
sally.cat wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:04 pm I have never heard of FSE before. I use shatter often and find it does not have all the medical benefits I am looking for and my tolerance has been getting higher. Any suggestions on where to get some FSE to try?
If you want the best out country has to offer, I recommend Highgrade.BC . In my humble opinion quality wise there just isn't competition. There's all kinds of great diamond producers in Canada, but to me they are all just battling it out for #2. Okanagan Green has them for $80 which is the cheapest I've seen in awhile.
Thanks!!! I'll check it out :)

Have you ever tried Heavenly Daze or VanCity Extracts HTFSE or HCFSE? I've tried High Grade, Elevated, Maple Leaf and Kind Selections as well and those are all good, but 2 that blew me away were Congolese HTFSE by Heavenly Daze and Haze HCFSE from VanCity Extracts.

myrcene wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:07 pm
Have you ever tried Heavenly Daze or VanCity Extracts HTFSE or HCFSE? I've tried High Grade, Elevated, Maple Leaf and Kind Selections as well and those are all good, but 2 that blew me away were Congolese HTFSE by Heavenly Daze and Haze HCFSE from VanCity Extracts.
I'll have too keep an eye out. I've had HD Congo Sap & FCGSC Sap, I found it nice but lacking in comparison to a FSE. Stoked to hear they make it now. Also havent heard of VanCity Extracts, where could a fella peruse their offerings?

HALIDAZED wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:12 pm

I'll have too keep an eye out. I've had HD Congo Sap & FCGSC Sap, I found it nice but lacking in comparison to a FSE. Stoked to hear they make it now. Also havent heard of VanCity Extracts, where could a fella peruse their offerings?
I picked up the VanCity Extracts stuff at Canmedi. They also sell it at Eden in Vancouver. Haven't seen it anywhere else.

myrcene wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:16 pm
HALIDAZED wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:12 pm

I picked up the VanCity Extracts stuff at Canmedi. They also sell it at Eden in Vancouver. Haven't seen it anywhere else.
Vancity makes good clean meds but not gonna lie, i went into eden a few times to return some extracts that were listed as live resin but could clearly tell the terpenes were a mix of artificial and natural. They didnt hesitate on taking it back, tasted like absolute ass lol