Question about Shatter leaving lots of white residue in bong water and mouth

Hi,

I've recently bought some shatter from a MOM which is a Rockstar shatter (no brand), and when I dab this shatter, it leaves a lot of white residue in the bong water and it gets to my mouth (and possibly my lungs). The white residue in question looks like chunks of wax or like some big grains of salt before grinding. I have contacted Ganjagrams and they told me it is normal fat and lipids that are remaining in the shatter.

I was looking for a second opinion as I have been doing a lot of research online and can't find much good information. I have found some posts saying it is possibly cut with some pine resin or something, some others saying that it is not pure enough and so on.

Since I am really not certain what this is, I am not trying to make a bad reputation to the MOM or anything at this time, I am just very concerned and I am afraid to smoke any more of this shatter at the moment..

Thanks everyone for your help in advance!

Re: Question about Shatter leaving lots of white residue in bong water and mouth

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback guys, I am still quite new with dabbing shatter so I wanted to make sure I am right about this. I have bought 2 different shatters from this place and some THCa Diamonds also all on that same order and the other Shatter ordered seems perfect, leaves no residue at all and tastes good, which is very different from that other tainted shatter.

I hope I am not being paranoid but I tried the THCa crystals and this also left some white residue, this time in the mouth and on teeth and not really in the bong's water. I don't know what to think of this, it's my first time buying THCa crystals but with my experience with the other shatter from this same MOM, I think I will also have to throw it away, It will probably make me more paranoid than stoned if I smoke it again. It's very sad that these fake products exist and are making their ways to MOMs.

Re: Question about Shatter leaving lots of white residue in bong water and mouth

lucasgray90 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:21 am
Steven33 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:46 am Better not to buy just to anyone and anywhere :D sometimes finding reviews first is efficient. sometimes you can get cheaper price with quality ones ;D
TRUE.. I have done this recently. Especially being new to this. I make sure to check out reviews first.
This is definitely what this page about. great help for newbies :) enjoy the community!

Steven33 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:23 am
lucasgray90 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:21 am
Steven33 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:46 am Better not to buy just to anyone and anywhere :D sometimes finding reviews first is efficient. sometimes you can get cheaper price with quality ones ;D
TRUE.. I have done this recently. Especially being new to this. I make sure to check out reviews first.
This is definitely what this page about. great help for newbies :) enjoy the community!
Thanks steven33! been definitely learning a lot :D hahaha an awesome place.

MephiSkA wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:14 pm Hi,

I've recently bought some shatter from a MOM which is a Rockstar shatter (no brand), and when I dab this shatter, it leaves a lot of white residue in the bong water and it gets to my mouth (and possibly my lungs). The white residue in question looks like chunks of wax or like some big grains of salt before grinding. I have contacted Ganjagrams and they told me it is normal fat and lipids that are remaining in the shatter.

I was looking for a second opinion as I have been doing a lot of research online and can't find much good information. I have found some posts saying it is possibly cut with some pine resin or something, some others saying that it is not pure enough and so on.

Since I am really not certain what this is, I am not trying to make a bad reputation to the MOM or anything at this time, I am just very concerned and I am afraid to smoke any more of this shatter at the moment..

Thanks everyone for your help in advance!
That is absolutely not normal. Did you try to ask for a refund?