Opinions on Boveda packs

Just found out about these things a couple weeks ago from reading MOM reviews and what not..
I grabbed up some 4g 62% packs and have been using them for a few days now. These things are great! why haven't i heard of them before!? man so many dry buds could have been saved if only i had known..

For anyone who doesn't know they are little humidity packets that you throw into your weed jar or baggy and they stop your buds from drying out.

I wanted to get some opinions from people who have been using them longer though.
Are the 62% the standard for marijuana? I see them mentioned the most.
Anyone use the 58% ? and would 58% be less damp? i find with these 62% packets that the buds are right on the edge of being almost to damp.

Re: Opinions on Boveda packs

realgrimm wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:20 am 62% are for 14-28gs ..remember to try not to keep the pack in longer then 3days at a time or after it has fluffed back out..and you don't have to throw them out you can just re-humidify the packs with a shot glass of water.. all things I wish I had been aware of earlier
Why take the boveda out of the jar after 3 days or after bud has fluffed? I noticed for my experience, keeping the boveda helps and does not take away from the bud's aroma/scent or whatever. When I remove it sometimes the bud dries back up over time (Even though it's in a mason jar) so I prefer keeping them in there (mainly for cheaper buds - usually high end stuff doesn't even need a boveda because it comes fresh.

realgrimm wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:20 am 62% are for 14-28gs ..
I think you're a little confused there. 62% being the humidity level means you can use it for any amount. The 4g, 8g, etc determines how much product it will work with. Generally 4g = up to half ounce, 8g = up to an ounce, 67g = up to a lb (I think, I haven't used the huge ones).

62% or 58% is really preference. You'll see many people say that 62 is good for smoking, 58 for vaping. I've used both for both applications and I notice very little difference. I've actually had a little better success vaping with 62% myself, but YMMV.

OP, if you find your bud almost too damp with the 62%, 58% might be your sweet spot. It's a little drier, but not by much. If you've never had these packs before and you're not necessarily used to getting fresh bud, you might have barely ever seen weed hydrated at the right level. I know it took some getting used to for me, but now I stick with the 62% for that sticky-icky bud.

HighDrowElf wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:36 am Are the 62% the standard for marijuana? I see them mentioned the most.
Anyone use the 58% ? and would 58% be less damp? i find with these 62% packets that the buds are right on the edge of being almost to damp.
62% is the RH level most commonly used it seems. The difference between the two comes down to personal preference. 58% would indeed be less damp. I've only used 62% but I think that's the perfect RH level for myself.

Boveda's are best used in an airtight container since they regulate relative humidity(RH) levels. They work by releasing moisture into the environment until the correct RH level on the packet is reached. If air leaks in consistently then the packet has to constantly work to keep the RH level steady.

Also, I never use Boveda's unless my cannabis is dry and then I leave it in until it's all been smoked, otherwise it dries back up without the humidity pack to re-hydrate and regulate the mini-environment in an airtight Mason jar. Sun light will also mess with RH levels so keep your cannabis stored somewhere dark and cool.

Thanks for all the info. I've been doing the Annointed approach my self ie "leave my boveda pack in the mason jar, and burp it every few days" kinda thing. I only smoke joints and the last 1/4 or so of the doobie just doesn't want to smoke (I've been rolling doobs for over 20yrs.. its not to tight! :) ) so I think i will try out the 58% once these run out.

chromo48 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 6:22 am why are you burping your jars?
can you store for long term without burping?
i store for long terme in Masson jar with 1-58% boveda and 1-oxygen absorber
am i wrong?
when i first get my buds, i will burp it maybe once for the first week. It all really depends on how well it has been cured in the first place.
ive had to redry/cure buds for up to 2 wks. When you have to re cure that long, you will need to burp everyday sometimes less. it all depends on the bud and how it was dried/cured in the first place.
ounce cured properly i dont really bother, i will be using it up anyways and i like to switch strains often. so once i open the jars they get a little chance to breath. i only use boveda packs, no need to use oxygen packs. Thats what ive found.
All you need is a mason jar, boveda 62% pack, and place the jar in a dark place away from the sun and you should be golden.