416Strains Updates: New Sources Database + Grower Submissions

Sup gang, as those who know us already know, we aren't fans of solicitation, so we'll just leave this post quietly here as the 'official heads up' for newly-established or nearly-established Sources who may be interested.

Over the past few mths as we've undertaken our little review project, we've said 'no' to every single source that offered to send us free samples. As our site launched in late-Nov, we opened up the option for Kootenay Craft (a company we trust and used multiple times prior to working with).

Now, towards the end of this month, to better serve the community’s need for honest, experienced reviews of newer, less-established sources, we will be opening up our New Canadian Sources database. Each of the new sources shown in this database will be up-and-coming sources, that have yet to become popularized/proven by community standards, from our independent observation. If Sources reading this are interested, please hit us up and we can give you more details of our upcoming plans, as this New Sources Database will be presented somewhat differently from our main 416 Strain database that features only reputable, very-trusted sources.

If any members of the community have any questions, let us know - we've been about full transparency since the beginning, and nothing will change on that front.
Last edited by 416Strains.ca on Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Medical marijuana advocates & connoisseurs. Honest, experienced reviews and photo essays of quality Canadian cannabis at 416strains.ca <3

Re: 416Strains' New Sources Database - Launching in 2 weeks, Open for Submissions

agentcooper000 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:53 pm Thanks! I've always appreciated your reviews (and transparency) here, on reddit, and on your website!

Sounds like a great idea and looking forward to it as a new resource for an impartial perspective on product/sources.
Thank you for the kind words! In 2019 there's no 'perfect' way to do anything, but we've tried our best to plan out + execute a review project that everyone (consumers, vendors, reviewer/site operator) benefits from (straightforward, experienced reviews, re-gifting at least the same amount of flower back to the community), while I'm still able to stay on top of my other commitments.

Most rewarding have been the many in-depth convos with various stakeholders over the past mths. While we've received much more support than we expected at this point, it's unfortunate that some still view us through an impossible prism, though we clearly hold ourselves far more accountable than most reviewers.

So, to make a few things clear - while we do not benefit monetarily in any way from our review project, I wouldn't say that we don't benefit from undertaking this work either. (And yes, it is work - that I willingly do coz I believe in our project and use it as a means of practicing macro photography for future considerations). I think we have a unique, fairly-privileged position in the community that we appreciate + respect.

To the Sources, thank you for the early interest thus far - we are looking forward to reviewing The Green Ace and Speed Greens as part of our initial New Sources Database launch in a few weeks! While we'd love to work with everyone who is interested, we will be extremely stringent on sources with less than 3-6 months of operating history due to time constraints.

Re: 416Strains' New Sources Database - Launching in 2 weeks, Open for Submissions

Couple of quick updates (that we can let slide to the bottom hehe, mostly here as a public log):

Congratulations to The Green Ace – their reviews have been moved into our main 416 Strain Database following a successful 2 week review period. In particular, we'd like to thank TGA for their patience as our first submission for the New Sources Database. (In a few days, Speed Greens' 2 week review period will also conclude, and we will also move their reviews over. We'd like to thank both of these established sources for graciously accepting a minimum review period to help us set up the foundation of our New Sources Database.)

Up next we'll be reviewing Ghost Drops, who will have a 4 week review period following our reviews. While we'd love to work with everyone who is interested, we will be extremely stringent on sources with less than 3-6 months of operating history due to time constraints.

Thanks again for the kind words and we feel very fortunate to be able to do our little review project.

At this time, we'd like to thank both Ghost Drops and 3 Trees Cannabis for their generous April/May review packages that also allowed us to gift 56g of flower through our Cannabis for Good initiative. We hope to see careful, continued growth from both of these new(er) sources and are happy to re-gift much of their flower as part of our May Giveaway contests posted tonight at the site!

We will revisit Ghost Drops' and 3 Trees Cannabis' possible inclusion in our primary database following the completion of their successful review periods which will conclude on May 31st and June 15th respectively.

Due to our busy upcoming schedule, we are unlikely to accept additional review requests from New Sources until mid-June.

(Behind the scenes, we are also helping others work on a few different websites, so as those projects develop, we hope to involve both the community and sources in more effective, organically-integrated ways so that consumers can make more-informed decisions.)

Edits: Typos
Last edited by 416Strains.ca on Thu May 09, 2019 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ghost Drops wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:41 am thanks again for all you do bro.
Incredibly thankful and happy to have been able to put together a resource that highlights the most established/reputable sources so that our readers have objective information to make their decisions. Though my partner schooled me thoroughly on MoMs and taught me how to do research by wading through Reddit bullshit to find real reviews, I still made many 'mistakes' or poor purchases in my first few months.. Hopefully, if nothing else, our site gives some first-timers a safer starting point with the 12 approved sources we now list in our Community Resources page.

As of June 1st, subsequent to our reviews, we are humbled to announce Speed Greens and Ghost Drops as our newest approved charitable sponsors following successful independent evaluation periods.

In addition to providing experienced reviews of top sources, a primary goal of our review project is to offer as much relief as possible to fellow Canadians in need. 416 Strains has gifted 290g of flower through our Cannabis for Good initiative as of May 2019, which is only possible thanks to the trust established sources have shown us <3

Up next we'll be doing our second review of 3 Trees Cannabis for our New Sources Database (their review period expires June 15th). While we'd love to work with every good source that is interested, we will be extremely stringent on sources with less than 3-6 months of operating history due to time constraints.

(Those interested in our monthly giveaway contests should Register via our Contests page.)

Re: 416Strains Updates: New Sources Database + Grower Submissions

We wanted to start this update with a huge shout to all of the good, reliable sources keeping us stocked with affordable flower. <3 We ALWAYS feel fortunate to be enjoying some beautifully-grown flower to help us through our days.
In particular, we have to give thanks to KC (amazing Aug drop, has been rocking with us since the start and without their trust, our project would not have been possible) and also to SG + GD, who we look forward to reviewing again shortly.

We are very excited to (quietly) present our new Submissions form, open to established sources and licensed/home growers, though it will remain unlisted except for a small link at the bottom of our Strain Database.

While we'd love to work with every good source that is interested, we will be extremely stringent on sources or growers with less than 3-6 months of operating history. We've now gifted 430g of flower through our Cannabis for Good initiative as of July 2019, with our Sept contest starting on Wed.
Medical marijuana advocates & connoisseurs. Honest, experienced reviews and photo essays of quality Canadian cannabis at 416strains.ca <3