Best strains for anxiety?

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be getting jaw and wrist surgery and obviously pretty anxious about it. Wondering what others have used for anxiety. Is CBD or THC better? Combo of both? What sites have products for anxiety in stock? And on a side note, many people say going to the dentist stoned was the worst thing they ever did. Why would this be different since is supposed to reduce anxiety?

Re: Best strains for anxiety?

I've been going through a very stressful situation lately, and had very high anxiety because of it. After some research, I tried Jack Herer and Pineapple Express - 2 strains I had on hand that were recommended for anxiety. I think they were recommended because of their ability to "elevate mood", but I really think there has to be some mood there to elevate. I didn't have this, I felt terrible, so both of these strains actually made me feel much worse.

I ended up figuring out that the Bubbashine I had from HSP was the thing that worked for me. It calmed me down just enough to be able to live life somewhat normally. Since then, I've tried a few more different strains, and the answer (for me at least) was definitely Indica. Tranquil Elephantizer was another one that worked for me, but any calming indica should help.

Good luck.

If you are unsure whether to have an indica or CBD strain my recommendation would be to try having each strain individually a few hours apart to see how each one affects your anxiety. Indica strains that are good for anxiety are Northern Lights, Grand Daddy Purple, and MK Ultra. CBD strains good for anxiety are: ACDC, Cannatonic and Critical Cure. Hope this somewhat helps!

Kind Regards,
Aaron

seshcanna.ca

I suffer from crazy anxiety too. The strains that worked for me:

Indicas: Blackberry Kush, Black diamond and Nuken (it's the strongest, start with smaller amounts)

Sativas/Hybrids: White widow( favourite), Blue dream and super silver haze

CBD: Charlotte's web and Suzy Q. CBD strains in smaller quantities works wonders for me. I typically smoke a small bowl before going to work. I can focus, my mind isn't racing, my sentences are so fucking concise. I am not rambling.

Hope this helps.

Happy Friday!

My personal experience has been completely similar to the poster above (waccybaccydude). These lists that recommend sativas never work on me and can actually make me feel worse. Heavy indicas just numb me really and couchlock me. The absolute best strains that have helped me have always been hybrids and among those Girl Scout cookies is the best. Something about that strain usually puts me in a better mood and just puts a smile on my face :) Not trying to sell you anything just telling you what has worked for me. Good luck ! I know how much anxiety sucks trust me :(
Please visit us at

www.PlanetPot.ca

Home of the best prices on flower and concentrates!

kryptis019 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:40 am I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be getting jaw and wrist surgery and obviously pretty anxious about it. Wondering what others have used for anxiety. Is CBD or THC better? Combo of both? What sites have products for anxiety in stock? And on a side note, many people say going to the dentist stoned was the worst thing they ever did. Why would this be different since is supposed to reduce anxiety?
I personally smoke heavy Indicas for anxiety, been facing it lately..
The strong gasssy, stuff just get's me couch locked and my mind off whatever it is I am facing.. brings me to a good state of mind

So weird when I smoke sativas I tend to get weird thoughts and my mind goes crazy versus Indicas, just calm me down and ease my mind :P
I hope you have a good/safe recovery post surgery and a speedy recovery as well..

Feel free to shoot me an email if you ever need any suggestions on strains or feedback on how to fight anxiety :P I'd love to share my personal experience with you.

kryptis019 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:40 am I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be getting jaw and wrist surgery and obviously pretty anxious about it. Wondering what others have used for anxiety. Is CBD or THC better? Combo of both? What sites have products for anxiety in stock? And on a side note, many people say going to the dentist stoned was the worst thing they ever did. Why would this be different since is supposed to reduce anxiety?
Ive been battling anxiety for a big portion of my life. Ive used all types of CBD products, currently before bed ill smoke a couple puffs of a blend 1:1 ratio CBD indica and during the day I hit a Vape pen that uses all CBD which calms me during the day without getting stoned. I suggest maybe hitting the gym as well as combining CBD to drain all the anxious thoughts plus this will help you be healthy during your recovery process. Hopes this helps.

Note: We carry a variety of CBD products on our site as well. I use the Sky Vape with CBD distillate for daytime.

Good luck on your recovery,

The Speed Greens Team

I suffer from anxiety, chronic stress and depression. I went through a phase where I tried over 15+ strains per month for awhile. I did this so I could find what works for me. And after talking to other people I really realized that you have to find what works for YOU! Everyone suffers anxiety slightly different.

I’ll just name a few daytime and nighttime strains that have worked for me.

Strawberry cough is probably the best daytime strain to use for anxiety. If taken in low doses it gives you a clear, very relaxing, uplifting buzz. If taken in higher amounts it almost acts as a Xanax or Valium would. It has a body buzz and and euphoria that will crush any stress.

Bruce banner, Harley Quinn, blue dream are also good daytime strains that worked for my anxiety.

Indicas are my jam so when I really need to kick back and stop my mind from overthinking, my go-to is death bubba. It literally melts my stress away.. and death bubba is a very popular strain in Canada.. so it’s easy to find.
GDP, Pink Kush, blueberry, Death Star and also some great evening/night strains for anxiety.