Empty Package

Hey there . Also been ordering with Cheapweed for over a year now.
I just received my package at the door from the mailman and he gave me an empty box .
Im kinda freaking out right now . I just saw someone else posted the same thing yesterday.
Whats cheapweed policy on this ? DOes that mean im down a half pound too ? Do i get a refund ?
Does that mean i can never order online again ? Ughhh wtf =-(

Re: Empty Package

Sensfan44 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:29 pm There's a 400 comment + Reddit thread in the Canadian MOM sub about it. About 15-20 orders missing so far (at least reported there).

I've ordered from there in the past so this easily could be me. I hope it gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction
Yeah ive been reading about it since i posted here. Kinda messed up . Sucks hard for Tony = /
Im also not freaking out as much since its not just happening to me. Sucks for everyone tho.
Hopefully this will get resolved soon and with a good ending for everyone involved.

Nature's Pharmacy wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:53 pm In the last two weeks we have had two packages go "missing" from Canada Post.

One got stuck in Ontario on its way to the end user and one never left Richmond. Something seems to be up with CP before this upcoming long weekend.
Medicalman1126 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:02 pm Has anyone received a full package yet ? What day was your package accepted at cp?
I don't think this is the police or CP officially intercepting packages, neither of them would empty the package and let it get to destination. This is 100% theft, very likely from a rogue CP employee at one of the sorting terminals. Based on what's been said so far in the reddit threat, the Richmond facility seems like the most likely culprit.

Probably just a case of a guy on the sorting line that knows that 1-888-AUTO-PARTS or whatever ridiculous label Tony uses is weed and the guy is just intercepting all those packages for his own benefit. It could be a small gang of employees as well.

One thing is sure, reporting it to CP is important, they will crack down on that like mofos (the fact it's weed isn't really relevant to the issue as far as they are concerned, mail theft is a much bigger problem for CP than drugs sneaking by).

Sensfan44 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:29 pm There's a 400 comment + Reddit thread in the Canadian MOM sub about it. About 15-20 orders missing so far (at least reported there).

I've ordered from there in the past so this easily could be me. I hope it gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction
I doubt if Tony will refund anything as it wasn't his fault.Let this be a lesson for anyone ordering more than an ounce, as there are lots of drug ripoffs around Canada Post.Anything more than an ounce they can buy some seeds and grow the stuff themselves.If I wanted a pound that is what I would do.

gandalfe wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:07 pm

I doubt if Tony will refund anything as it wasn't his fault.Let this be a lesson for anyone ordering more than an ounce, as there are lots of drug ripoffs around Canada Post.Anything more than an ounce they can buy some seeds and grow the stuff themselves.If I wanted a pound that is what I would do.
Growing good weed (and actually hauling well) is a LOT harder than just throwing a seed in a ground....

CADMomReviews wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:16 pm Hey there . Also been ordering with Cheapweed for over a year now.
I just received my package at the door from the mailman and he gave me an empty box .
Im kinda freaking out right now . I just saw someone else posted the same thing yesterday.
Whats cheapweed policy on this ? DOes that mean im down a half pound too ? Do i get a refund ?
Does that mean i can never order online again ? Ughhh wtf =-(
Either an exit scam or something else, but nobody should be buying from Cheepweed.

JD17 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:40 am
gandalfe wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:07 pm

Growing good weed (and actually hauling well) is a LOT harder than just throwing a seed in a ground....
It isn't very hard and is easy to beat most of the swag we buy all the time.If it was hard the pinheads that sell it couldn't grow anything because they are not smart.It is a fast growing weed and anyone can grow the stuff with an IQ of 80.

I Paid for half pound and just got empty box. i am on disability and i am medical patient as well. this destroys me. i have no medicine and no money to get more more. i rely on this. i buy a lot from cw and never had a problem. i have sent 5 emails and i been waiting 2 hours with no reply. has anyone got an email or any info back from cw? have they fixed anyones order yet?I AM COMPLETELY DEVASTATED BY THIS OMG!!!!!

xsinx wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:08 pm I don't think this is the police or CP officially intercepting packages, neither of them would empty the package and let it get to destination. This is 100% theft, very likely from a rogue CP employee at one of the sorting terminals. Based on what's been said so far in the reddit threat, the Richmond facility seems like the most likely culprit.

Probably just a case of a guy on the sorting line that knows that 1-888-AUTO-PARTS or whatever ridiculous label Tony uses is weed and the guy is just intercepting all those packages for his own benefit. It could be a small gang of employees as well.

One thing is sure, reporting it to CP is important, they will crack down on that like mofos (the fact it's weed isn't really relevant to the issue as far as they are concerned, mail theft is a much bigger problem for CP than drugs sneaking by).
This is 100% the correct supposition.
I've worked in the postal industry in a major sorting facility, and have some experience with employees absconding with packages.

There are a couple of things I can say on this issue:

1- This is being done by a few employees, and they are stealing the contents. This is not an effort of CP or the RCMP. Just so we're clear Canada Post does not have the manpower to search parcels for illicit drugs. They barely have enough manpower to handle the current parcel volume without searching all parcels.

2- CP wants to know that your parcel was stolen. They are likely already aware of an issue with employees in their sorting facility and would like more information to track down who/when it happens. Those employees that are stealing these parcels are having a case built against them. It's not easy to accuse a member of their company of theft, and have the charges stick. They will have to be observed opening the parcel and removing the contents. So, report your missing parcel.
Their new sorting machines weigh each parcel at different points and the tracking will show when the parcel was suddenly a QP lighter.

I got a copy and paste reply from Tony saying it's Canada Post theft. He's looking into it. Thanks for your patience. He will try and keep us updated as much as possible. Some links to prove Canada Post theft in past. No promise of resending product or refund. His e mails says he is " in the same position as us". I get the impression I'm never gonna see that weed or cash again. Sucks I've been using Tony since open pretty much. Never any issues and comes across as a great guy.

KefkaTheInvesta wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:13 pm Thats really scary as i rely on the medicine to deal with pain since my dr wants me to take a break from hydromorphone. I have an order on hold and now i dont want to pay for it o.o
If it's not from cheap weed you should be good. Lots of ppl on Reddit posting safe delivery from all moms other then cheap weed and I found one post about Togo. Never heard of them.

Edit :
I received an order from exclusive bud the day before cheap weed can in and had no issues with the exclusive bud package.

Bad for everyone involve. This whole situation put the finger on the weakness of many mom shipping method...They need to be more creative in the futur...have many business name with different kind of product in the description or business name. And maybe many kind box size with different colors/packaging etc. Thats special to have auto part label with a 2 pounds package...auto part are heavier...so is suspicious for anybody and easy to see its not auto part.

Eldemetto wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:13 pm It looks like hundreds if not thousands of people got delivered empty boxes today. Is it really feasible for a Canada post employee to steal that much weed...?
My exact thought. It seems it started as early as the 19th from what I found. I picked mine up on the 25 and it was empty. Thats a lot of time dedicated to ripping open and stealing. Where do you put all the bud your stealing if your a cp worker? I think it would have to be one of Tony's guys. Opening and taking the bud before drop off. This could be easily done in a vehicle before sending out.

Eldemetto wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:13 pm It looks like hundreds if not thousands of people got delivered empty boxes today. Is it really feasible for a Canada post employee to steal that much weed...?
I saw that somebody refused delivery on Reddit saying the tampering was beneath the shipping label.

...as in the label was affixed over the cut and re-taped box.

So, the thief has access to the packages at the time of postage...

Now does Tony's crew print these labels before dropping them off at the post office? I'm thinking they do, since it's all a genaric weight of 2 lbs (for a half pound order).

....this stinks of an inside job. It's gotta be a disgruntled employee doing it directly, or at least tipping off his cohorts at the post office. Scummy fucking people deserve cement shoes.

Fireb wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:41 am ....this stinks of an inside job. It's gotta be a disgruntled employee doing it directly, or at least tipping off his cohorts at the post office.
I think so, too. Probably one of the delivery boys.

CW has been building their rep for a couple years now and is probably the biggest MOM in Canada.
I highly doubt this is an exit scam like what the reddit sub is claiming.

My order is on hold with them ... I buy a lot to make RSO for my brother's brain tumor.

This sets us back about a week, but I have full faith in Tony as his team has done a great job with handling my complaints in the past.

Nah, this isn't an exit scam

We're out hundreds of packages confirmed after our Monday + Tuesday thefts as well
We do have reports of packages arriving, but yeah I am not " ignoring " anyone but if you understand when you're dealing with a large magnitude issue.. it does take some time

Yes I totally understand everyone involved is pissed off , out money, need a response but for something this big.. it really does take time and organization to get things resolved + done

Aside that, I would even say don't order for another week or so, we're changing our packaging + all CP accounts once again + VISA's as a safe measure, and looking to switch post offices to a different part of town, 2 hours away and see if this can eliminate or mitigated any risks involved.

we feel for our customers, however it's definitely hard on us too when we accept the payment, but we also ship out what is supposedly paid for, absorb this hit 100% would definitely run the business out but we're looking at probable resources to try to get back on track but will take some time.

As for Reddit, you see within 2-3 days everyone whose been " loyal " to CW just cares for themselves and not our company,
Reading all that trash talk isn't going to make anything speed up, and the more they decide to trash our name, well GL getting a fair resolution for me lol

I had a meeting with a Regional Manager at CP, they're looking into backlogs on how this may have happened because the PO box wouldn't accept an " empty / no weight box.. to get it shipped.

cheapweedca wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:37 pm Nah, this isn't an exit scam

We're out hundreds of packages confirmed after our Monday + Tuesday thefts as well
We do have reports of packages arriving, but yeah I am not " ignoring " anyone but if you understand when you're dealing with a large magnitude issue.. it does take some time

Yes I totally understand everyone involved is pissed off , out money, need a response but for something this big.. it really does take time and organization to get things resolved + done

Aside that, I would even say don't order for another week or so, we're changing our packaging + all CP accounts once again + VISA's as a safe measure, and looking to switch post offices to a different part of town, 2 hours away and see if this can eliminate or mitigated any risks involved.

we feel for our customers, however it's definitely hard on us too when we accept the payment, but we also ship out what is supposedly paid for, absorb this hit 100% would definitely run the business out but we're looking at probable resources to try to get back on track but will take some time.

As for Reddit, you see within 2-3 days everyone whose been " loyal " to CW just cares for themselves and not our company,
Reading all that trash talk isn't going to make anything speed up, and the more they decide to trash our name, well GL getting a fair resolution for me lol

I had a meeting with a Regional Manager at CP, they're looking into backlogs on how this may have happened because the PO box wouldn't accept an " empty / no weight box.. to get it shipped.
Thank you for the update. 👍

My package is showing shipping label created (3oz) so I will patiently wait until everything is sorted and its sent out when the dust settles. I've been non stop sick the past 3 days over this so hearing from you helps.

Thank you!

Hey thanks for the update :) Much appreciated ! I didn’t know any of this was going on until yesterday morning when I went to pick up my package, which I had refused to sign for. I went to reddit later that afternoon and discovered all of this has been going on all week. Crazy man. I’ve been ordering weekly for quite some time, not as much lately. I hope things work out, I’m hopeful, I enjoy my CW orders. Never an issue with anything.

Chad Sullivan

Same here been doing business exclusively with CW since May 2018 my parcel was sapose to be delivered two days ago and I wrote to CW to let them know what’s up but I haven’t heard back from Tony or his employees. The tracking just show’s parcel was accepted at post office and there’s been no scan since. I contacted CP asking where my parcel is and they flagged it if it ever turns up. I’m fucking pissed it was a qp.

Tony screw driving two hours away to drop off orders SWITCH courriers! CP is nothing but a nightmare, just switch to UPS or something of the likes.

I wasn't affected but I hope everyone that received empty boxes get some kinda acknowledgement they are out their medicine..we all rely on it..but FFS I seen people drop 1000s for a cancer patient who needs relief..What a mess just hope these issues get figured out ,and all find a happy resolve..You got a tough job here T and the spotlights on ya

cheapweedca wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:37 pm

Ignoring the rest of the literal bullshit you're spouting, how fucking DARE you get butthurt people are RIGHTFULLY upset you STOLE money from them and say that you won't fix their issues???? Some people are out thousands, going without their medicine because of YOU. Where did the money they send you go?
NoT a ScAm my fucking ass. You saying that PROVES to me you don't give a flying fuck about the people you *stole* from.
I'm glad I wised up to your bullshit and stopped ordering from you.

Why even continue Tony? Cheapweed's reputation is destroyed. You had a narrow window to make things right and you failed. Only the dumbest of the dumb will take you up on your 25% offer. The majority of people who received empty boxes will never buy from you again. New people who do research on Cheapweed will see how poorly you handled this affair, and then they won't buy from you. I will always look at you as a meme of how not to handle disaster in the MoM biz and an entity that owes me(but will never pay back) $400. Lots of people lost much more. Many hate you. The Cheapweed brand will never recover.

I don't want your discount. I don't want store credit. I want my money back. And I am in no way responsible for your poor business practices that lead to this fiasco.

I was not able to slide the box out of the cut in the package that "cp" cut to steal my three Oz. I couldn't open the box in the package even one cm. I used to order from Cw monthly. If I don't get my money back in a full refund, I know that someone at Cw has scammed me and they won't be getting a cent more of my money.

pseudoyolo wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:55 am I was not able to slide the box out of the cut in the package that "cp" cut to steal my three Oz. I couldn't open the box in the package even one cm. I used to order from Cw monthly. If I don't get my money back in a full refund, I know that someone at Cw has scammed me and they won't be getting a cent more of my money.
I tried putting a QP in my HP box and it couldn't fit through the cut without tearing the box.

I also called CP and they have no report or claim for my TR#.